Travis

Re: Idiots at gigs
Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Mon 01 Oct, 2007 4:14 PM Quote
Tracey982 wrote:
Don't give up what you love Grinner :)

That is too good a point. And I was speaking to someone today who says that Weller is particular about some things, and would not like them twats who were at the gig.

And yaaaay for it being October =D

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 01 Oct, 2007 9:11 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Tracey982 wrote:

That is too good a point. And I was speaking to someone today who says that Weller is particular about some things, and would not like them twats who were at the gig.

you mean ROCTOBER !

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Mon 01 Oct, 2007 9:13 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Tracey982 wrote:

you mean ROCTOBER !

Cocktober ;-)

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Mon 01 Oct, 2007 9:15 PM Quote
schmucktober !

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 01 Oct, 2007 9:18 PM Quote
I've always found Weller a bit of an idiot, Modfather me fucking arse, he's an arrogant fuck and I tend to think it attracts that element, all you have to do is look at these young pups these days, Kaiser Chiefs, Artic Monkeys, Babyshambles, it's just people loaded on testosterone and looking for a fight.

Plus I reckon I could take the lot of them fuckers, haha

Dubz

Tonie
Tonie Posted Mon 01 Oct, 2007 9:22 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:

sometimes things come with the territory at shows .

I agree. Doesn't matter who's playing.

From one short female to another, I've tried a variety of tactics at gigs to get a decent view:

Make friends with the tall guy, and offer your head as a beer mat. It works if they're not bladdered, and have a gsoh.

Just say right out: "You're so tall, and I just can't see the stage, would you mind if I just squeezed in front of you?" - this one worked a treat at the Duke/ Ford gig at the ICA this summer, and I'm still reeling from the gentlemanliness of the guy who let me in front of him.

On a more serious note, there's nothing worse than racism, and it's horrendous if you're just out for a good night, and they come out with the shit. Have you got some ready answers to put the idiots down?

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Mon 01 Oct, 2007 9:22 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
I've always found Weller a bit of an idiot, Modfather me fucking arse, he's an arrogant fuck and I tend to think it attracts that element, all you have to do is look at these young pups these days, Kaiser Chiefs, Artic Monkeys, Babyshambles, it's just people loaded on testosterone and looking for a fight.

Dubz

Aye you could take em in a fight, they're a bunch of pussies!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 01 Oct, 2007 9:24 PM Quote
I'll protect ya, nae bothers.

Dubz

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 01 Oct, 2007 9:35 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

people fighting at Paul Weller ? no hassles when I saw the Jam but recently i've noticed a bunch of missed out on the boat the first timers hitting shows and trying to prove how HARDCORE they are , i.e throwing punches cause someone stepped on their shoes will they're down front

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Mon 01 Oct, 2007 9:38 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

people fighting at Paul Weller ? no hassles when I saw the Jam but recently i've noticed a bunch of missed out on the boat the first timers hitting shows and trying to prove how HARDCORE they are , i.e throwing punches cause someone stepped on their shoes will they're down front

Nah man, whenever I am at weller gigs, there is always people arguing. All middle aged too.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 01 Oct, 2007 9:41 PM Quote
People tend to hijack things tho', look at Ska/Two Tone the whole thing was completely anti Racist, The Specials, The Beat, The Selecter but by the end all people saw were Skinheads who hated anything different, same thing happened with Sham '69... It's Bollox

Dubz

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 01 Oct, 2007 9:41 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:

Nah man, whenever I am at weller gigs, there is always people arguing. All middle aged too.

Heh , that hits close to home .

whats up with The Hells Angels showing up for Mogwai, flying their colors I might add too ?

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 01 Oct, 2007 9:43 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:

Heh , that hits close to home .

whats up with The Hells Angels showing up for Mogwai, flying their colors I might add too ?

really?? I never heard anything about that.

mind you, the fuckers (Mogwai not the Hells angels) are known for playing in Celtic Jerseys.

Dubz

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 6:58 AM