Travis

Re: It's been a while, but hello!
Tracey982
Tracey982 Posted Thu 06 Sep, 2007 6:24 PM Quote
Hey Paul, you have been busy!!! £1.50 a pint? Bargain!
:)

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sat 08 Sep, 2007 1:59 PM Quote
The pub is called Failte and it's on St. Vincent street in Glasgow. So now you know!

Still not moved in yet, but i really can't wait! Oh and Hanne, perhaps the venue on Jamaica Street that you dreamt of was Classic Grand. I was in there last night and didn't know it existed before!

Can't wait for the KT Tunstall album launch tomorrow. It's turning out to be quite a summer holiday now :D

Hanne
Hanne Posted Sat 08 Sep, 2007 5:50 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
The pub is called Failte and it's on St. Vincent street in Glasgow. So now you know!

Still not moved in yet, but i really can't wait! Oh and Hanne, perhaps the venue on Jamaica Street that you dreamt of was Classic Grand. I was in there last night and didn't know it existed before!

Can't wait for the KT Tunstall album launch tomorrow. It's turning out to be quite a summer holiday now :D

Lol, maybe it was! I don't recall ever having been there but who knows... Was a good venue?

It's good to see you back :oD

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sat 08 Sep, 2007 9:17 PM Quote
It was very er executive. Usually gig venues are kinda grotty, but this was all plush leather seats and pretty girls in nice clothes. It was odd to say the least!

Hanne
Hanne Posted Sat 08 Sep, 2007 9:32 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
It was very er executive. Usually gig venues are kinda grotty, but this was all plush leather seats and pretty girls in nice clothes. It was odd to say the least!

Hehe, I'm suret that the pretty girls in nice clothes didn't make it a bad experience though :oP

Which band did you go see?

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sat 08 Sep, 2007 9:55 PM Quote
Well, not bad. They weren't very chatty though..

It was my friends band. Me and my flatmate were happily having a pint of Harp in Failte (where we arranged to meet them at 7) when they turned up at 7.20 and hurried us out of there. It wasn't our fault they were late! Haha. Made them wait, cos i ain't wastin a drop of that stuff!! ;)

Hanne
Hanne Posted Sat 08 Sep, 2007 10:01 PM Quote
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but is Harp a beer? Since I don't drink beer myself, I don't really know that much about it...

Where exactly in Jamaica St is this Failté? Btw, that hotel at the end of the street... they were building it while I worked at IBM, and I could follow the progress every day when I came back by train. The name is soooo cheasy. Who on earth got the terrible idea of calling it Jury's Inn??

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 09 Sep, 2007 2:27 PM Quote
Failte isn't on Jamaica street. It's on St. Vincent street. The venue i was talking about is in between McDonalds and The Crystal Palace. And i think Jury's Inn is the name of the company that owns the hotels, so they kinda had to name it that! lol

And no, Harp isn't a beer. It's the BEST beer! ;)

Andrew
Andrew Posted Sun 09 Sep, 2007 2:35 PM Quote
Doubt it'll sell Harp but the Drum & Monkey just a hop skip and a jig further along that block is also a very nice to spent an afternoon.

However off to Coopers for the rugby this aftie.

Mon the Scotland!!

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 09 Sep, 2007 2:40 PM Quote
So i've heard. Have a good afternoon!!

Hanne
Hanne Posted Sun 09 Sep, 2007 3:31 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Failte isn't on Jamaica street. It's on St. Vincent street. The venue i was talking about is in between McDonalds and The Crystal Palace. And i think Jury's Inn is the name of the company that owns the hotels, so they kinda had to name it that! lol

And no, Harp isn't a beer. It's the BEST beer! ;)

My mistake, got things mixed up... You already said that Failté was on St Vincet Street, so there's no excuse for that one.

...even if that's the name of the company owning it, I still think it's a rather silly name lol

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 09 Sep, 2007 3:52 PM Quote
Haha, fair enough i guess. I can't really see how you mean, but OK :P

Hanne
Hanne Posted Sun 09 Sep, 2007 4:05 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Haha, fair enough i guess. I can't really see how you mean, but OK :P

Sometimes my mind just works in strange ways lol

paul_c