Travis

Re: FAO Parents
Edel
Edel Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 9:55 PM Quote
My daughter came home with the Fergie cd today and shes it playing now, ARGHHHHHHHHHH
And my son gave me a box of chocolates :0)

harry potter
harry potter Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 9:56 PM Quote

Fergie is very talented.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 9:58 PM Quote
harry potter wrote:

Fergie is very talented.

Could you even type that without laughing out loud?

harry potter
harry potter Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 10:00 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
harry potter wrote:

Fergie is very talented.

i'm dead serious, she is the Fiona Apple for the 21st century.

Edel
Edel Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 10:03 PM Quote
Theyre mentally torturing me. HELP. You ones with the small kids, enjoy the physical exhaustion cos the mentals worse. ANd dont inflict them with Travis cos youll never be forgiven and your ears will suffer

kim2007w
kim2007w Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 10:07 PM Quote
If its any consolation, they grow up and then you can do things like shopping and going to travis gigs with them, well worth it

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 10:14 PM Quote
harry potter wrote:
weirdmominaustin wrote:
harry potter wrote:

Fergie is very talented.

I literally snorted when I read that. Have you ever had the misfortune of seeing Fergie's cover of Sweet Child of Mine? I would send the YouTube link but it is so appalling that I can't possibly send you there in good faith.

Edel
Edel Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 10:15 PM Quote
kim2007w wrote:
If its any consolation, they grow up and then you can do things like shopping and going to travis gigs with them, well worth it

Shopping? Jaysus Im already listing friends help for that. I hate shopping and aint gonna listen to girly shite about labels n stuff.
And they wont go to gigs with me, Im their mother, therefore an embarassment

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 10:15 PM Quote
Edel wrote:
Theyre mentally torturing me. HELP. You ones with the small kids, enjoy the physical exhaustion cos the mentals worse. ANd dont inflict them with Travis cos youll never be forgiven and your ears will suffer

I know I tortured my parents and it'll all come back to me when they're teenagers. You could try getting into the music that you hate since mom liking it = crap and then they might turn it off? Then forbid them from listening to music that you actually like since forbidden by mom = cool.

Or you could just have a stiff drink, stuff some earplugs in, and go about your day!

harry potter
harry potter Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 10:16 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
harry potter wrote:
weirdmominaustin wrote:
harry potter wrote:

Fergie is very talented.

I literally snorted when I read that. Have you ever had the misfortune of seeing Fergie's cover of Sweet Child of Mine? I would send the YouTube link but it is so appalling that I can't possibly send you there in good faith.

sticks and stones missis, sticks and stones.
guns n'roses material was weak to begin with so what was she supposed to do, as my grandaddy used to say, you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

Edel
Edel Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 10:21 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
Edel wrote:

I know I tortured my parents and it'll all come back to me when they're teenagers. You could try getting into the music that you hate since mom liking it = crap and then they might turn it off? Then forbid them from listening to
music that you actually like since forbidden by mom = cool.

Or you could just have a stiff drink, stuff some earplugs in, and go about your day!

I think the last works the best hehe. Not down to me anymore but bleedin peer pressure and we know what shite the youngsters like these days! But they still have a soft spot for Travis at least and I have to be fair, they have been overplayed in this place.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 10:24 PM Quote
Edel wrote:
I think the last works the best hehe. Not down to me anymore but bleedin peer pressure and we know what shite the youngsters like these days! But they still have a soft spot for Travis at least and I have to be fair, they have been overplayed in this place.

They aren't played period here. I guess I prefer that to being overplayed. I think teenagers and toddlers are pretty similar actually. Overly emotional, testing boundaries, etc. Of course I can exert a lot more control over my babies than you can over your teenagers. Hang in there and hopefully in 15 years or so you can have some grandkids, which are your true reward. You can spoil them and then send them home for their parents to deal with!

Edel
Edel Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 10:33 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
Edel wrote:

They aren't played period here. I guess I prefer that to being overplayed. I think teenagers and toddlers are pretty similar actually. Overly emotional, testing boundaries, etc. Of course I can exert a lot more control over my babies than you can over your teenagers. Hang in there and hopefully in 15 years or so you can have some grandkids, which are your true reward. You can spoil them and then send them home for their parents to deal with!

Well only have one teenager but hes the easiest to deal with ;0) Hormones are kicking in with the others and well girls.....But seriously, theyre a good bunch and Id be lost without them :0)

Tianyan
Tianyan Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 10:42 PM Quote
Hey...I feel that I should vouch for us poor teenagers too...you get it bad...BIG TIME!

My parents are forever moaning at me

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 1:02 AM