Travis

Re: Travis Boardie Convention
nats
nats Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 6:02 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
can Dougie, Fran, Neil and Andy pay for it ?

that sounds good!

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 6:14 PM Quote
I think Glasgow would be a good idea. The people who are coming from far and wide would probably like to see all the sights they might have heard about- and i think Barrowlands would be an amazing venue for it, if we could get it. Somewhere smaller might be better though...

deebee
deebee Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 6:28 PM Quote
Glasgow would be a first for me - great chance to get to know this city! Surely Easyjet or Ryanair fly there??
The lads would have to be there though, or we'd have to make it coincide with one of their gigs. I wouldn't be able to convince my other half otherwise....

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 6:31 PM Quote
Well it won't be for a while yet anyway, so God knows where or what the band will be up to. If not, we can just have a makeshift band! Find a drummer, bassist, guitarist and singer to play all the songs together :) For all we know, it could be more of a laugh than the real band (but probably not!) Haha.

I think Glasgow, cos i think it's more relevant to Travis than somewhere like London (like someone else suggested) even if it is easier for everyone to get to London. Book the flights early enough and it won't really matter anyway, even if people have to fly to London if there is no direct flight to Glasgow from where they are in the world

Sanne (nl)
Sanne (nl) Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 6:31 PM Quote
sounds interesting, but need more info somewhere along the line in order to decide wether or not i can be there. (costs, date etc)

Frenchygirl
Frenchygirl Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 6:31 PM Quote
i would love! But i will be 18 years old only in February and I don't think my parents would let me travel overseas alone before..so stupid!

or maybe, if some of us can't travel far away, we could first do it in each country..?

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 6:32 PM Quote
Sanne (nl) wrote:
sounds interesting, but need more info somewhere along the line in order to decide wether or not i can be there. (costs, date etc)

Oh yeah, totally. Everyone should start looking into it, just to get an idea. I think it'll probably be a while into the future- maybe not until 2008, if it happens at all that is

lilly
lilly Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 6:33 PM Quote
you should get a web-cam and film the convention, so all of us poor boardies who can't afford a flight to Gasgow (and back) can see what's happening ;)

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 6:34 PM Quote
Frenchygirl wrote:
i would love! But i will be 18 years old only in February and I don't think my parents would let me travel overseas alone before..so stupid!

or maybe, if some of us can't travel far away, we could first do it in each country..?

That's also a good idea. Although where i am, i think i can name ever person that would be there (there's only 3 or 4 of us! Haha) and it'd be more like going for a drink down the pub probably

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 6:35 PM Quote
lilly wrote:
you should get a web-cam and film the convention, so all of us poor non-UK-inhabitants can see what's happening ;)

Non-UK inhabitants are more welcome than anyone! This should be an international thing. The messageboard is .com, not .co.uk!

lilly
lilly Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 6:36 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
lilly wrote:
you should get a web-cam and film the convention, so all of us poor non-UK-inhabitants can see what's happening ;)

Non-UK inhabitants are more welcome than anyone! This should be an international thing. The messageboard is .com, not .co.uk!

I just realised myself that I'd written crap ;)
so I changed my post above.

ayana
ayana Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 6:42 PM Quote
That would be great !
No idea if I could come or not (depends on the dates, the money blah blah) but that would be fun.
Glasgow would be the place to make it though.

ayana
ayana Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 6:45 PM Quote
Frenchygirl wrote:

we could find a way to travel with other boardies from our country ;o)

deebee
deebee Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 6:48 PM Quote
ayana wrote:
Frenchygirl wrote:

we could find a way to travel with other boardies from our country ;o)

Where do you live?

feri
feri Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 6:50 PM Quote
boo I wish I didn't live in another continent...I'm only visiting UK/Ireland next spring

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:11 PM