Travis

Re: Why the fuck...
monkey
monkey Posted Thu 05 Jul, 2007 5:36 PM Quote
i've seen Travis boardies offer travis tickets on here at face value if they end up not being able to attend the gig. you might get some luck on the verve board with that

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 05 Jul, 2007 5:37 PM Quote
Natasa wrote:

Haha!

Oh Paul relax,everything will be fixed and I'm sure you'll have the chance to see them,just wait for more dates ;)
And next time,be the one to buy all tickets and say 'Oh I was expecting my whole family to come,but they didin't manage to!' :P

So you can take your revenge!

No- i'll buy all the tickets and paper-cut the idiots to a slow and painful death. But in between the paper cut and death, there is A LOT of salt...

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 05 Jul, 2007 5:38 PM Quote
monkey wrote:
i've seen Travis boardies offer travis tickets on here at face value if they end up not being able to attend the gig. you might get some luck on the verve board with that

Good plan, cheers :)
If anyone sees any tickets on offer but doesn't want them, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease let me know!

Natasa
Natasa Posted Thu 05 Jul, 2007 5:40 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Natasa wrote:

Haha!

Oh Paul relax,everything will be fixed and I'm sure you'll have the chance to see them,just wait for more dates ;)
And next time,be the one to buy all tickets and say 'Oh I was expecting my whole family to come,but they didin't manage to!' :P

So you can take your revenge!

No- i'll buy all the tickets and paper-cut the idiots to a slow and painful death. But in between the paper cut and death, there is A LOT of salt...

LOL

I love the way you think!

Go get 'em tiger!anyways,they deserve that ;)

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Thu 05 Jul, 2007 5:42 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
monkey wrote:

Good plan, cheers :)
If anyone sees any tickets on offer but doesn't want them, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease let me know!

Or try Gumtree maybe...

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 05 Jul, 2007 5:44 PM Quote
Gumtree?

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Thu 05 Jul, 2007 5:47 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Gumtree?

www.gumtree.com it's like some sort of community thing, people offer to sell their unwanted tickets on there too. Usually not as expensive as ebay.

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Thu 05 Jul, 2007 5:47 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Gumtree?

www.gumtree.com it's like some sort of community thing, people offer to sell their unwanted tickets on there too. Usually not as expensive as ebay.

Fuckin double posts.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 05 Jul, 2007 5:52 PM Quote
Just placed an ad. Cheers Grinner

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Thu 05 Jul, 2007 5:56 PM Quote
Why the heck not? some people are short on cash, there are people willing to pay the money for it, they've got a legitimate 'business' there - fair play to them - people who are 'really fans' should buy tickets sooner/straight away to avoid disappointment when they clearly know this sort of thing goes on

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 05 Jul, 2007 5:59 PM Quote
Oh Dave man, of all days do not fucking pick this one to start with me. Seriously, leave it right now

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Thu 05 Jul, 2007 6:04 PM Quote
DavesUrMan wrote:
Why the heck not? some people are short on cash, there are people willing to pay the money for it, they've got a legitimate 'business' there - fair play to them - people who are 'really fans' should buy tickets sooner/straight away to avoid disappointment when they clearly know this sort of thing goes on

Sometimes it is just not possible to get tickets sooner tho...

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 05 Jul, 2007 6:05 PM Quote
And it's the furthest thing from legitimate

Tracey982
Tracey982 Posted Thu 05 Jul, 2007 6:09 PM Quote
DavesUrMan wrote:

Hmm are you one of em?!?
There are cases where fans are unable to buy tickets sooner/straight away eg.strapped for cash/unable to get online or buy over the phone etc.
I just don't think it's right that these greedy bastard ticket touts sell at way over the top prices.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 05 Jul, 2007 6:11 PM Quote
Tracey982 wrote:
DavesUrMan wrote:

Hmm are you one of em?!?
There are cases where fans are unable to buy tickets sooner/straight away eg.strapped for cash/unable to get online or buy over the phone etc.
I just don't think it's right that these greedy bastard ticket touts sell at way over the top prices.

Agreed. I started work at 7am this morning (and every morning!) and don't work anywhere in a place that has computers. And i'm not allowed to use a phone at work. So i had no chance!

I even had fellow boardies on the case for me, and i'm so grateful that they tried for me :) Still, it's just not right that people make a business out of this sort of thing.

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:58 PM