Travis

Re: Boardie Women The C Word
paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 21 Jun, 2007 12:07 AM Quote
Nah. No trains did i mention!

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Thu 21 Jun, 2007 12:11 AM Quote
I could start a rant about the pointlessness of swear words full stop, but I guess I'll spare you all for now...

alramon13
alramon13 Posted Thu 21 Jun, 2007 12:13 AM Quote
Horrible word. I have zero respect for men that use the C word and it's not only some men that use it, some women do too. To me, it's even worse when women say it because some women will use it just to be cool (sort of talking in a man's language) and it's usually in the presence of another man. Not many women will say that to another woman. If they do, i see that as pure trailor trash and that's when my snobbery comes out and i either exit or tell that person to go away...or i could say to shut the fuck up. LOL

Bottom line, a lady should never use the C word and a proper male should never say that around women.

dee
dee Posted Thu 21 Jun, 2007 12:18 AM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
I could start a rant about the pointlessness of swear words full stop, but I guess I'll spare you all for now...

i disagree.
the irish language or even Hiberno-english wouldn't be have as colourful without it's swearing, blasphemes and general earthiness.

I have no aspirations at possessing Queen's english.

Language is undergoing constant evolution. I might not agree with certain swears in certain contexts but it's all important and valuable as language is a means of expression.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 21 Jun, 2007 12:21 AM Quote
Haz, I'm glad you brought this up. I also saw that thread and when I saw the "C Word" my jaw kind of dropped. I don't know if it's a word that's tolerated more across the pond, but in the U.S., I think most women find this word very offensive. I know I do!

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Thu 21 Jun, 2007 1:17 AM Quote
dee wrote:

i disagree.
the irish language or even Hiberno-english wouldn't be have as colourful without it's swearing, blasphemes and general earthiness.

I have no aspirations at possessing Queen's english.

Language is undergoing constant evolution. I might not agree with certain swears in certain contexts but it's all important and valuable as language is a means of expression.

I don't really see swearing as being some major catalyst in language evolution. Older swearing may have brought about new swear words in turn, but I don't see it's made language really any better. People saying "fuckin'" as an adjective used before every other word in modern society grates on me. It's not because I find it offensive. Anything but - it's over-use has made it the most normal and common word in existence. That's why I think it's pointless. To me, it has no power, no meaning. It's just used to fill in gaps of sentences, to bide time when they can't think of anything productive to say. Fucking pointless swear words...

But I do hear what you're saying. The odd "blasphemes and general earthiness" can definitely be used effectively. I guess I'm on about the over-excessive use of them that's all. Or maybe I'm just on about chavs. Lol

audrey
audrey Posted Thu 21 Jun, 2007 2:23 AM Quote
no word is anymore offensive than any other to me.
its all about the tone its used in.

audrey
audrey Posted Thu 21 Jun, 2007 2:23 AM Quote

Ursina
Ursina Posted Thu 21 Jun, 2007 9:13 AM Quote
harry potter wrote:
in another thread we've been going back and forth on how common the use of the "C" word is in today's society.

is this particular word offensive to you?

I wouldn't say offensive.... but people who use this kind of words are certainly not people I'd admire ..:)

Peewee
Peewee Posted Thu 21 Jun, 2007 9:23 AM Quote
I absolutely HATE this word and freak out when anyone uses it! It's digusting and there is no need for that kind or language full stop!!!

Joe
Joe Posted Thu 21 Jun, 2007 10:05 AM Quote
I have an immense disgust for it.

Furthermore, if you use swear words all the time, they're no longer seen as offenssive, so what could you say when you really did want to offend someone?

e.g. Someone tries to mug you and you call him a "fucking bastard", he'll just laugh.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Thu 21 Jun, 2007 10:11 AM Quote
Joe wrote:

e.g. Someone tries to mug you and you call him a "fucking bastard", he'll just laugh.

That's what kicks in the bollocks are for.

caz b
caz b Posted Thu 21 Jun, 2007 10:19 AM Quote
I hate it, it makes me cringe as does does swearing in general.

feri
feri Posted Thu 21 Jun, 2007 10:21 AM Quote
I cant stand the word. I just find it disgusting and when guys use it, I lose interest to continue having a conversation with them. To me, it makes people look trashy lol

Peewee
Peewee Posted Thu 21 Jun, 2007 3:53 PM Quote
Yeah trashy chavs!!! lol

But TWAT is great! lmao :)

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:53 PM