Travis

Re: Summer holiday plans
Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Tue 16 Jun, 2009 4:47 PM Quote
AbsGinger wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Manchester and Liverpool.

you have buddies out there don't you ?

Yeah. My mate in Liverpool's back down in London for the summer but am still gonna go there and check the city out.

moo_the_evil_boffin
moo_the_evil_boffin Posted Tue 16 Jun, 2009 5:52 PM Quote
I'm going to Devon with Mum and Dad the weekend after next. It's only an off roading thing and we're taking the caravan, but it's still kind of a holiday and it's fun so that's all that matters!

We went there (again for an off roading thing) in 2007 but it was a nightmare getting there. The car broke down just past Stonehenge and we had to call the RAC. It took them 6 hours to get to us- after about 4 hours we phoned them and asked them why they weren't with us. Apparently they thought that Stonehenge was in Scotland... Once they found us, we had a real nasty guy who recovered the car and caravan. He told us that we couldn't have the dog in the truck and we'd have to leave him on his own unsecured in the car (which was on the back of the truck). I could understand if our dog was a hyper snappy thing, but he's one of the most laid back dogs I've ever seen. Anyway we managed to persuade the guy that the dog would be no trouble and so he came in the truck with us (although we did have to spend the rest of the journey listening to his grumbling about the dog). Really hoping lightning doesn't strike twice this time round!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 16 Jun, 2009 6:09 PM Quote
I was going to be all mopey because I dont have vacay time for 2.5 months, but because I have to work at an event on Sunday I just found out that I will be getting a day off. Im going to make that day a Fri or Mon and taking a long weekend somewhere. Probably Ottawa or Montreal. But I also want to go to my cottage. hmm.

Wish Canada Day wasnt on a Wednesday this year. Day off in the middle of the week really does me no good.

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Tue 16 Jun, 2009 6:56 PM Quote
yeah my real 'holiday' trip isn't until October when i go to seattle to visit my bro. The trip in August is just a weekend thing.

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Tue 16 Jun, 2009 7:09 PM Quote
AbsGinger wrote:
fenchurch wrote:

And I'm going to the Caribbean in a month :)

Saint Barth ?

St Croix actually. My dad lives there. I think we'll be going exploring some of the islands sometime too though. Have you been there?

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Tue 16 Jun, 2009 8:15 PM Quote
joss wrote:
LONDON, MARSEILLE, BERLIN, HAMBURG...that's my holiday! :-)

that's all ?

th74
th74 Posted Tue 16 Jun, 2009 9:13 PM Quote
A cabin on a lake in Wisconsin, Seattle, and Portland.

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Tue 16 Jun, 2009 9:17 PM Quote
fenchurch wrote:
AbsGinger wrote:
fenchurch wrote:

And I'm going to the Caribbean in a month :)

Saint Barth ?

St Croix actually. My dad lives there. I think we'll be going exploring some of the islands sometime too though. Have you been there?

Never been there but St Barth is quite popular in France (if you can afford it).

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 9:38 AM