Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Fri 12 Jun, 2009 11:29 AM Quote
Again ... are you sure LOL *KIDDING*

Re: Football has gone mental
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 12 Jun, 2009 11:41 AM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
Monica wrote:
Our president is a clever person. He spent that money cause he knows the club will make much more very soon. I'm very excited about next season :) But of course that's a lot of money, and in my opinion Ronaldo is not worth it, but...

He may be clever financially speaking. However his Galacticos approach didnt work on the field the last time as he failed to actually construct a team.
Fantasy football is alright in theory , but not in practice.

Agree, Real Madrid have been the perfect example of how a great set of players doesn't always make a great team, they have to gel, they have to play together compliment each others strengths and weaknesses, at the end of the day they have to be a team and not just a collection of great players.

Dubz

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 12 Jun, 2009 1:04 PM Quote
Again ... are you sure LOL *KIDDING*

HAH, you can never know for certain dude!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 12 Jun, 2009 5:13 PM Quote
I think this is just another example of how sick this world is. Half of the world's population is starving to death and a football player gets paid 90 million euros or something. Now that's logic!

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Fri 12 Jun, 2009 5:39 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Monica wrote:
Our president is a clever person. He spent that money cause he knows the club will make much more very soon. I'm very excited about next season :) But of course that's a lot of money, and in my opinion Ronaldo is not worth it, but...

He may be clever financially speaking. However his Galacticos approach didnt work on the field the last time as he failed to actually construct a team.

Agree, Real Madrid have been the perfect example of how a great set of players doesn't always make a great team, they have to gel, they have to play together compliment each others strengths and weaknesses, at the end of the day they have to be a team and not just a collection of great players.

Dubz

I agree

Monica
Monica Posted Fri 12 Jun, 2009 7:56 PM Quote
AbsGinger wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Monica wrote:

Dubz

I agree

Me too ;) But don't forget we won a Champions League, 2 Ligas, a UEFA Supercup, 2 Spanish Supercups and an Intercontinental Cup in those years ^^
Oh, by the way, you use the word "galácticos" in English to refer to that period of time? :p

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Fri 12 Jun, 2009 8:15 PM Quote
Monica ! Por que no te callas ?

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Fri 12 Jun, 2009 8:29 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Actually I was joking, lol!

lol ! I knew it ;)

Monica
Monica Posted Fri 12 Jun, 2009 8:29 PM Quote
AbsGinger wrote:
Monica ! Por que no te callas ?

Hahahaha. Porque no quiero :p

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 17 Jun, 2009 7:00 AM Quote
Monica wrote:
AbsGinger wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Monica wrote:

Dubz

I agree

Me too ;) But don't forget we won a Champions League, 2 Ligas, a UEFA Supercup, 2 Spanish Supercups and an Intercontinental Cup in those years ^^
Oh, by the way, you use the word "galácticos" in English to refer to that period of time? :p

Fair enough, but how much did it cost ? How much debt did it put the club into buying all those players, Ronaldo, Zidane, Figo etc.. Was the return worth it ?

For example Liveropol won Uefa Cup, European Super Cup, FA Cup and English League Cup & Charity Shield in one season with a team worth a fraction of the price...

Dubz

Monica
Monica Posted Thu 18 Jun, 2009 7:55 PM Quote
Real Madrid didn't lose money. Buying those players didn't put the club into debt. Actually, buying Beckham, Zidane, C. Ronaldo or Kakà is very profitable. According to some studies, Real Madrid will make next year more than €70 million. Just in one year and thanks to Kaká and C.Ronaldo. Not bad I think :)

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 19 Jun, 2009 12:51 AM Quote
Monica wrote:
Real Madrid didn't lose money. Buying those players didn't put the club into debt. Actually, buying Beckham, Zidane, C. Ronaldo or Kakà is very profitable. According to some studies, Real Madrid will make next year more than €70 million. Just in one year and thanks to Kaká and C.Ronaldo. Not bad I think :)

For a club more than 200 million in debt ???

Can I borrow your rose tinted glasses.

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 14 Jul, 2009 11:53 AM Quote
Now it's gone mental !! Shamrock Rovers ffs !!

Dubz

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 9:25 AM