singme0430
singme0430 Posted Sat 02 May, 2009 3:20 PM Quote
frandougeil wrote:
Ana_Smith wrote:
Rammsfer wrote:
l've never been to a Travis concert ='(

:,( The same here. Now I'm depressed...

Don't be Fer and Ana!U'll both DEFINITELY get ur chance one day=D

Mine was on the 2nd Aug 08,pretty unexpected when they announced they were headlining Singfest 08 in Singapore!Still remain the BEST night and gig of my life ever=D It was crazy awesome and so surreal most of all to see them right in front of me when I never thought it would ever happen.They'll probably never come back to Singapore(I WISH THEY WOULD THOU!) and I hope I'll get to see them again somewhere else if not here:)I'll never forget priceless memories of that night and I even got my MVT item from the first Travis encounter,I couldn't have asked for more.They were just amazing.They put up a brilliant show!

Yes, we're sure both of you'll get a chance someday. :) Don't feel depressed! And glad you had a great time, Sue! Hope they'll have gigs in Singapore again.

Re: Your 1st Travis concert
alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Sat 02 May, 2009 4:21 PM Quote
bogusblue wrote:
Also, I'm not showing off on this one :oP, but it has been the longest setlist they have ever played on a gig. Every time I thought it was the last song they would play, another one came up. I couldn't believe, I even cry because I thought I would never get to hear live some of the songs they played that night. So, yes, it was a bit overwhelming... and sooooo freaking fantastic! :oD

Ooooh Alma!
MASS ENVY!
no doubt haha :)

Ana_Smith wrote:
Rammsfer wrote:

You'll get a chance, guys
that's for sure ;)

singme0430 wrote:
Just about 2 months ago. Well, what should I talk about it? It was just FANTASTIC. Such a brilliant night.

The best crowd ever!
That was a FANTASTIC night :)

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Sat 02 May, 2009 5:29 PM Quote
Ana_Smith wrote:
Rammsfer wrote:

At least you're not the only one ;(

Monica
Monica Posted Sat 02 May, 2009 5:56 PM Quote
Bilbao (north of Spain) on the 23rd August 2008. I had missed them a lot of times (don't know why but everytime they announced a tour here I couldn't attend the show). So last summer, and thanks to Rubén I might say, I decided it was time to see them for the first time :) It was such an amazing evening, watching the soundcheck and then the real concert. A night I will never forget :)

Lizzie b
Lizzie b Posted Sat 02 May, 2009 10:22 PM Quote
July 6, 2001 Rosemont, IL
They were opening for Dido.

My friend had an extra ticket cuz her other friend "didn't like Travis" so she asked me to go. I was a fan of Dido at the time (I was 16) so I was up for it. I really really liked them and so my friend made me a mixed tape (no cd burning or mp3 sharing back then) and the rest is history.

A few months later Travis was doing their own tour and we went to see them and it was the best thing my 16 year old self had ever experienced. We were front row in front of Dougie and it was just absolutely wonderful!

leticia
leticia Posted Sat 02 May, 2009 11:44 PM Quote
My first Travis concert was in October 25th, 2007, in Buenos Aires. At that time I thought it was going to be amazing but it turned out to be more than amazing... impressive, amazing, fascinating, thrilling, exciting (thanks dear thesaurus)!!!

I was supposed to have watched it from the stalls of the stadium but when I got there, my sight was blocked by metal meshwork. I wanted to kill myself! I couldn't watch them through that!! My favourite band in the world... So we (my friend and I) paid a guy to let us go to the field. I know... that's not right... but well...I think it was $30 more than we had paid...It was worth every penny. It was the first time I was so close to a stage. OH my... I loved every minute of that concert...UNFORGETTABLE.

Craigyboy
Craigyboy Posted Sun 03 May, 2009 12:18 AM Quote
Mines was Wednesday 20th March 2002 at the SECC in Glasgow. Doves were the support. from what i remeber about this gig was gran turismo on the big screen and a picture slideshow of the band as kids during slideshow. seen them 11 times in total now hopefully they'll visit here (Glasgow) or somewhere in Scotland again this year so i can keep up my good record of seeing them every year apart from 2006 when the band were taking there time out etc.

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Sun 03 May, 2009 4:11 AM Quote
November 17, 2007
The Moore Theater
Seattle

I was supposed to have seen them in December 2002, but I think it was around the time of Neil's accident and they had cancelled. Anyways it was a fantastic show! During the rocky themed intro I was lucky enough to get a hug from Fran on his way to the stage. Best concert I had ever been to. I was also lucky enough to see them twice in April in Seattle again and Chicago.

DiLaRa
DiLaRa Posted Mon 04 May, 2009 4:46 PM Quote
27 June 2008

deebee
deebee Posted Mon 04 May, 2009 6:39 PM Quote
14th December 2001 at the Brighton Centre (MY BIRTHDAY!!!)
I took away 2 fantastic memories - 1) them opening with SING and seeing the BANJO and 2) seeing Andy climbing all over the place WOW, WOW, WOW!
I was hooked from then on and went back in March 2002 when they added an extra date. I couldn't get enough and still can't!!!!!!

deebee
deebee Posted Mon 04 May, 2009 6:45 PM Quote
Craigyboy wrote:
Mines was Wednesday 20th March 2002 at the SECC in Glasgow. Doves were the support. from what i remeber about this gig was gran turismo on the big screen and a picture slideshow of the band as kids during slideshow. seen them 11 times in total now hopefully they'll visit here (Glasgow) or somewhere in Scotland again this year so i can keep up my good record of seeing them every year apart from 2006 when the band were taking there time out etc.

Yeah, I remember the gran turismo on the screen - they asked someone in the audience to play during Coming Around (brilliant stuff)

damon
damon Posted Mon 04 May, 2009 10:14 PM Quote
mmm my god... 2004, February 7th!
Great Show, back then was the longest set list until their second date at mexico up in august 2007, (wich alma mentioned),
In one of the tour archive Fran said that it was one of their 10 greatest shows (or top ten favourites)... back then i have never seen a DVD Live, or even listen to a song live, so it was a great surprise to see one of favourite bands rocking so hard !!!

Amazing! i wish i could go on the past to see it !

seasonticket
seasonticket Posted Tue 05 May, 2009 5:27 PM Quote
I love the way you can youtube the gig you just saw and relive it. None of that business when I were a lass. ;)

Nattasha
Nattasha Posted Wed 06 May, 2009 9:54 AM Quote
September 23, 2007 -> Barcelona

At the beginning of 2007 Travis haven't visited Chile and I had the chance to go to Spain, for three months. I was so extremely lucky! they played three times in Spain :-D, the first time was in Barcelona (my first Travis show, and it was for free!!!!!!!) and it was magical and unforgettable... I had watched videos from internet and I couldn't believe I was pogo-ing!!!!
I'm waiting for my fourth Travis show.... I hope they come back to Chile very soon or I get a scholarship to go to Europe :-D

genia_gvan
genia_gvan Posted Wed 06 May, 2009 10:00 AM Quote
damon wrote:
mmm my god... 2004, February 7th!
Great Show, back then was the longest set list until their second date at mexico up in august 2007, (wich alma mentioned),
In one of the tour archive Fran said that it was one of their 10 greatest shows (or top ten favourites)... back then i have never seen a DVD Live, or even listen to a song live, so it was a great surprise to see one of favourite bands rocking so hard !!!

Amazing! i wish i could go on the past to see it !

February 7th 2004, Mexico City... that was my first gig too!!! was a wonderful night... I really enjoyed it, unless I had to change the place where I standed at the beggining of the show because I'm not really tall, and everyone around was tall, so it was really hard for me to breath... whatever, it was great!! very good to begin attending Travis gigs! since that show, I attended every Travis gig in Mexico City!!

august 2nd 2007 show at mexico city (wich alma mentioned) too was really great, I remember it with love, because of that excelent set list, and performance, and everything (all the energy of the band, the audience!! wow!)

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:50 AM