Travis

Re: Question about opening bands
Lizzie b
Lizzie b Posted Wed 29 Apr, 2009 4:03 PM Quote
I haven't heard of those last three; maybe I will have to check them out ;)

Peter76
Peter76 Posted Sat 02 May, 2009 2:01 PM Quote
Lizzie b wrote:
I was pretty surprised that a band from Kansas was opening over seas. Is this common, or am I just naive about the music biz?

It really depends on what record label you are working with. Some of the more "commercial" labels *cough* Disney *cough* like to put their own up-and-comers with headlining acts on the same label for a little cross promotion. Afterall, with the record execs it is about ticket receipts and album sales. But some indie labels like Domino, are more liberal about opening band choices.

Of course, when you have your OWN label, like Travis does, you can pick whoever you want. =)

Lizzie b
Lizzie b Posted Sat 02 May, 2009 9:53 PM Quote
Peter76 wrote:
Lizzie b wrote:
I was pretty surprised that a band from Kansas was opening over seas. Is this common, or am I just naive about the music biz?

It really depends on what record label you are working with. Some of the more "commercial" labels *cough* Disney *cough* like to put their own up-and-comers with headlining acts on the same label for a little cross promotion. Afterall, with the record execs it is about ticket receipts and album sales. But some indie labels like Domino, are more liberal about opening band choices.

Of course, when you have your OWN label, like Travis does, you can pick whoever you want. =)

Haha, yeah that's what I figured... Thanks for the response!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 03 May, 2009 4:38 AM Quote
Ok so I went out and bought The Republic Tigers album today. SO GOOD. I'm really loving it!

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 10:51 AM