Travis

Re: Ross and Brand
kiwi
kiwi Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 2:54 AM Quote
The first I heard of it was when the PM said it should be investigated, as a matter of importance... what a joke, surely there's more pressing matters for the government to deal with?!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 2:55 AM Quote
the PM? seriously? for Russell Brand? the Vampire lampshade? or whatever it is Noel Gallagher calls him.

I generally find him funny and this may have been over the line but people overeact...a lot! chill.

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 10:28 AM Quote
I think that what Ross and Brand did was wrong, and I don't blame Sachs for complaining about it. But I think he should accept the apologies and move on, he just seems to be milking it now.

Joe wrote:
Brand is up and coming in the U.S., and does anyone in the U.S. listen to B.B.C. Radio 2? Does anyone in the U.K. listen to Radio 2, apart from middle-aged house wives?

Hmm I think that's an outdated perception of radio 2. I'd say it's popular with all ages now, or at least more so than it used to be. Russel Brand, Chris Evans, Dermot O'leary etc joining in recent years has helped.

Joe
Joe Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 10:57 AM Quote
I must admit I've not tuned in any time recently to Radio 2, alh=though my Mum listens to it.

I've just seen about the P.M. as well. You'd think small matters like the economy, 2 foreign wars and the lack of reduction in fuel prices (despite a drop in value fron 135 Dollars to 90 Dollars) would be enough to be going on with. Sounds like cheap popularity grabbing, to me.

Kristy
Kristy Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 11:00 AM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
I think that what Ross and Brand did was wrong, and I don't blame Sachs for complaining about it. But I think he should accept the apologies and move on, he just seems to be milking it now.

I think the media are milking it more than Sachs - Sky News especially, they're loving it.

And in answer to the original question - Brand should be sacked and banned from TV so I don't have to feel creeped out everytime I see his face.
And Ross should be made to live on the streets in a cardboard box for at least a year to show him that not everyone can afford a bath, let alone a marble one.

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 11:15 AM Quote
Kristy wrote:
Typing to Reach You wrote:

I think the media are milking it more than Sachs - Sky News especially, they're loving it.

And in answer to the original question - Brand should be sacked and banned from TV so I don't have to feel creeped out everytime I see his face.
And Ross should be made to live on the streets in a cardboard box for at least a year to show him that not everyone can afford a bath, let alone a marble one.

Yes sack him , heaven forbid he should earn money and then spend as he see's fit.

Darran
Darran Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 11:16 AM Quote
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v641/TheGuv/rosstramp.jpg

Kristy
Kristy Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 11:17 AM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:

Yes sack him , heaven forbid he should earn money and then spend as he see's fit.

Yay, someone said it. Took you long enough but at least we've got it over with ;-)

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 11:32 AM Quote
So , tell us all about this mythical utopian world . Where everyone earns the same money and spends it on what everyone else thinks they should.
Or maybe you should pull your head from out of your arse :)

Joe
Joe Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 11:32 AM Quote
Just heard on Radio 1: they've both been suspended. Shit. I was looking forward to Friday Night With Jonathan Ross.

Kristy
Kristy Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 11:37 AM Quote
So , tell us all about this mythical utopian world . Where everyone earns the same money and spends it on what everyone else thinks they should.
Or maybe you should pull your head from out of your arse :)

Eloquent as always, Derek :)

It's not what he spends his money on - sorry, my money, my licence fee - but the fact that he gets paid an extortionate amount and for doing what exactly?

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 11:43 AM Quote
Would you say no?

Moray
Moray Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 11:44 AM Quote
Joe wrote:
Just heard on Radio 1: they've both been suspended. Shit. I was looking forward to Friday Night With Jonathan Ross.

talk about reactionary measurs. That's ridiculous.

NOBODY CARES!!

Or at least nobody should care. This is boring.

And what the fuck are Gordon Brown & David Cameron doing getting involved? Why is this getting air time at PM question time? Hey guess what, the country is fucked - GO FIX THAT FIRST!!

Kristy
Kristy Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 11:45 AM Quote
Would you say no?

Yes, I would. Money isn't everything. Nobody needs that amount of money.

Moray
Moray Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 11:50 AM Quote
Kristy wrote:
Would you say no?

Yes, I would. Money isn't everything. Nobody needs that amount of money.

I do.

Nobody is forcing you into the licence fee. Nobody needs to watch TV. In fact by continuing to pay your licence fee, in reality you're condoning his behaviour. Shame on you.

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:59 AM