Travis

Re: Xmas gifts
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 2:28 PM Quote
I would happily do it early but I don't have the money. Have to wait until some of our bonus money comes in.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 2:31 PM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
Moray wrote:
minnmess wrote:
Moray wrote:
I've bought my mums so far.

That's probably for the best, since she birthed you and all.
I had a msg from my mom the other day: "I need a new broom." Wow, what an exciting present.

Beats my mums present to me last year - leather wipes for cleaning my couches.

It's been much derided on this board ever since!!

Well you should stop doing that on your couch and you wouldnt need the wipes.

hahaha, i was thinking this, but decided to leave it alone. Glad you went for it! Moray do your parents make home videos of their kiddies opening presents on Christmas morning? bc i would love to see your reaction to you opening your present and seeing couch wipes. Did you fake happiness?

My mom always wants the lamest things. Last year it was "well, i could use a new frying pan." IT'S CHRISTMAS, lady!
And the broom is doubley (doubly?) stupid bc my dad is retired and thus does most of the cleaning.
I saw a zebra print broom in the summer. If she wants an effing broom, she is going to get the coolest effing broom out there! And then i will think of something actually fun/nice to go with it.

Moray
Moray Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 3:18 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

oh right! the cleaning products. Maybe you should get your mom a broom to make up for last year.
What did you actually get your mom?

This year we all chipped in and got her a Wii, with Wii fit too since she's really enjoying the one that they have at the school where she works.

Yeah we used to get video taped opening our presents, back when I was like 8 or something!! Not recently. I don't hide my emotions well, so I basically gave it the old "What the fuck is this shit?!" when i got the leather wipes!!

This year I have asked for money.

I'm an old scrooge when it comes to Xmas at the minute. I have to spent £X.xx on my sisters. But they invariably spend the same amount on me. Except they've bought me a present I don't want and wont use. So looking at it rationally, I've just spent £X.xx and ended up with some shit I didn't want.

Christmas for me should be a time of re-embursment.

"Merry Xmas Moray, here's some money"
"Merry Xmas big sis, here's the same amount of money back".

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 3:21 PM Quote
Moray wrote:
minnmess wrote:

oh right! the cleaning products. Maybe you should get your mom a broom to make up for last year.
What did you actually get your mom?

This year we all chipped in and got her a Wii, with Wii fit too since she's really enjoying the one that they have at the school where she works.

Yeah we used to get video taped opening our presents, back when I was like 8 or something!! Not recently. I don't hide my emotions well, so I basically gave it the old "What the fuck is this shit?!" when i got the leather wipes!!

I'm an old scrooge when it comes to Xmas at the minute. I have to spent £X.xx on my sisters. But they invariably spend the same amount on me. Except they've bought me a present I don't want and wont use. So looking at it rationally, I've just spent £X.xx and ended up with some shit I didn't want.

what the fuck is this shit ?
then you wonder why you got the leather wipes !!!
LOL

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 3:26 PM Quote
Moray wrote:

Wow, what a merry Christmas at the Swan household!
Shouldnt your sisters know what you want/like by now? Maybe they secretly hate you and are doing this on purpose! "Hmm, what will he hate this year?" Oh crap, should i just send you money for unsecret santa? Guess what..not happening!
That sounds like the happiest christmas morning reaction ever! and i picture you saying it while wearing a funny christmas sweater.
money. the gift that keeps on giving! My mom (clearly my dad has no part in the christmas present buying. I often get the "oh, thats nice. Whose that from?" "umm, you.") isnt big on money giving but i want a new and pricey camera so all i asked for for my bday and christmas was a contribution to said camera but she seems to be ignoring me and told me to make a birthday list. Bleck. I dont want or need anything else.
and the wii sounds like a great present!

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 7:23 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Moray wrote:
I've bought my mums so far.

That's probably for the best, since she birthed you and all.
I had a msg from my mom the other day: "I need a new broom." Wow, what an exciting present.

Years ago I had to interview someone for a Christmas project in school, and I asked my mom what was the best present she got when she was a kid and she told me it was a broom. She said she had a great time on Christmas morning sweeping the house. She was serious.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 7:25 PM Quote
what is wrong with your mother?

But thats a good question. best christmas present..hmm.

lilly
lilly Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 7:35 PM Quote
ohmygod, CHRISTMAS!

I have just survived crazy October (full of birthdays) and now you tell me Christmas is lurking around the corner - AAAARRRGH!!!

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 7:39 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
what is wrong with your mother?

But thats a good question. best christmas present..hmm.

She was born to be a mother.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 9:53 PM Quote
Started my Christmas shopping last month. Just taking it slowly and gradually this year as last yr I left it rather last minute and that I just can't cope with! :-/

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 11:20 PM Quote
LMAO! This thread is really funny. Poor Moray. :P

I haven't started Christmas shopping at all and I'm still contemplating what to get my Unsecret Santa Exchange partner Laura! :/

The BEST Christmas present my brother and I ever got: home and away Steve Yzerman jerseys, ice stakes, hockey sticks, a goaltender's stick, goalie pads and Red Wings pucks.

Needless to say, we had a lot of fun on the lake that winter. :)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 11:23 PM Quote
Yeah I'm still undecided on what to send Ms. Juli. I need to make up my mind soon. Maybe I'll PM Ale. Now that I know her name.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 05 Nov, 2008 10:59 PM Quote
I asked my dad if he had any christmas present ideas.
He said he could use a roll of duct tape

DUCT TAPE!
Go to the store and buy one for $3! That is not a christmas present man!

You know that episode of Friends where Pheobe is in charge of cups and ice? Well, thats what is going to happen to my parents since they now want a broom and duct tape.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 05 Nov, 2008 11:01 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
I would happily do it early but I don't have the money. Have to wait until some of our bonus money comes in.

I think this site is up to your speed ,

www.gridlock.com

Moray
Moray Posted Thu 06 Nov, 2008 8:37 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
a broom and duct tape.

Just think what they could make with this if they combined their presents!!

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 1:27 AM