Travis

Re: interview FaceCulture
Lizzie b
Lizzie b Posted Thu 16 Oct, 2008 1:05 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:

I like New Amsterdam, it's a nice song, but I don't think it's a great album-closer. I always thought "Sailing Away" should have made the album. Like Dougie said, it's a very eclectic album, so I think both work on The Boy, but "Sailing Away" is a better closer. Dougie said everyone else was pulling for "You Bring Me Down"...which is one of my favorite B-Sides. LOVE that song. I think it would have worked better as the final song as well...it's got this great cinematic quality to it, I don't know why, but every time I hear it, I think it should be in a movie.

ok, i def agree that it is not a good album closer. now that u say it, i don't think that i dislike it, i just think it disrupts the album. and it is at the end, so ur kinda just left thinking, 'huh?' when it's all over. i've only just heard You Bring Me Down and i would much rather have had that than New Amsterdam. so in conclusion, i agree w/ what u said. :)

Sky-Blue Puppy
Sky-Blue Puppy Posted Thu 16 Oct, 2008 6:39 PM Quote
Great interview! Thank you for posting the link!

It was so nice how Andy and Fran praised Neil’s drumming on this album saying it’s probably his best work yet. It’s so true :)

It was the first time i heard that fans had bought a copy of the first AIWTDIR EP from E-Bay, signed it (!) and gave it to Fran :) What a lovely gesture! But when did this happen? Are any of those who arranged it here on the board?

Lizzie b
Lizzie b Posted Thu 16 Oct, 2008 6:55 PM Quote
Sky-Blue Puppy wrote:

It was so nice how Andy and Fran praised Neil’s drumming on this album saying it’s probably his best work yet. It’s so true :)

i was totally gonna say something to that effect! u hardly ever hear anything about Neil or his drumming. i think he is the most underrated member of the band. i was really glad to hear praise for him.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 16 Oct, 2008 7:04 PM Quote
Sky-Blue Puppy wrote:
Great interview! Thank you for posting the link!

It was the first time i heard that fans had bought a copy of the first AIWTDIR EP from E-Bay, signed it (!) and gave it to Fran :) What a lovely gesture! But when did this happen? Are any of those who arranged it here on the board?

Good question!! Are any of you fans who bought Fran the EP still hangin' round Travisland???

(Love Neil's drumming as well!) :)

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 1:56 PM