Travis

Re: FAO Boardie Biscuit/Cookie Exchange Partiicpants
Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 02 Jul, 2008 6:20 PM Quote
Nikki, I love the column!!! Brilliant! :) I have been telling my friends and colleagues all about my exchange and they all agree it's very cool. I love getting foreign mail but I think that stems from my childhood love of penpals...I had loads of them, lol. But unfortunately lost touch and found the internet instead.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 02 Jul, 2008 9:59 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
weirdmom wrote:
Nikki wrote:
:) Glad you like it, Anne!! I always get a ton of response on the columns that seem to give people ideas of stuff to do. I got e-mails and calls on my Flat Stanley column and one I did explaining the tradition of and how to make Polish Easter eggs, so I hope this one gets a good response too.

When people call do you talk to them or are they just leaving a voicemail? If you talk to them what do you say besides "oh gee thanks?"

This time it will be "no, you cannot have a cookie. But I appreciate your interest. By the way, do you happen to know Steve Yzerman, because I am really his biggest fan and would like to meet him."

The responses are all different. Sometimes people will just call to say they agree with something I said or liked my column, in which case I'm just sorta like..."Oh, thank you so much!" lol...others call to get more information about a particular subject I covered. Kristy, When the hockey playoffs were about to begin, I wrote a column about how it's my favorite time of year and about my love for the Red Wings and for the sport in general ever since I was a little girl. A really, really old lady called me and she said it reminded her of when she was a young girl and went to Red Wings games in the old days. She said it made her cry she liked it so much, lol. It was so sweet! :)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 02 Jul, 2008 11:25 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
minnmess wrote:
weirdmom wrote:
Nikki wrote:
:) Glad you like it, Anne!! I always get a ton of response on the columns that seem to give people ideas of stuff to do. I got e-mails and calls on my Flat Stanley column and one I did explaining the tradition of and how to make Polish Easter eggs, so I hope this one gets a good response too.

When people call do you talk to them or are they just leaving a voicemail? If you talk to them what do you say besides "oh gee thanks?"

This time it will be "no, you cannot have a cookie. But I appreciate your interest. By the way, do you happen to know Steve Yzerman, because I am really his biggest fan and would like to meet him."

The responses are all different. Sometimes people will just call to say they agree with something I said or liked my column, in which case I'm just sorta like..."Oh, thank you so much!" lol...others call to get more information about a particular subject I covered. Kristy, When the hockey playoffs were about to begin, I wrote a column about how it's my favorite time of year and about my love for the Red Wings and for the sport in general ever since I was a little girl. A really, really old lady called me and she said it reminded her of when she was a young girl and went to Red Wings games in the old days. She said it made her cry she liked it so much, lol. It was so sweet! :)

that's adorable! oh old lady hockey fans!
It reminds me of a story from a few years ago. There was an old lady in a nursing home in Edmonton who was a huge Oilers fan, and all she wanted was to touch Ryan Smyth's hair. The media got wind of it, and for her 100th bday (i think) he showed up at her nursing home. And, she got to touch the glory that is Ryan Smyth's horrible hockey hair.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 02 Jul, 2008 11:28 PM Quote
Ha! I looked up Ryan Smyth to see this great hair of his (he was not who I was thinking of) and I found this picture. It is titled "Ryan Smyth Jesus."

http://re3.yt-thm-a02.yimg.com/image/25/f11/217365215

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 02 Jul, 2008 11:29 PM Quote
spid wrote:
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
I can see your pics now Kristy!
Thanks for posting them!! :o)
Those cookies look great. And hojaldradas look a bit like alfajores!

They look like wagon wheels to me!

i guess similar in concept, but thinner and no marshmallow

Aletways
Aletways Posted Wed 02 Jul, 2008 11:59 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
spid wrote:

Wagon wheels are cookies? I thought you actually meant wagon wheels, lol!!! I didn't quite agree, but maybe you'd seen different wagon wheels... Hahaha! xD

I really liked your column Nikki! =o)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 1:05 AM Quote
Wendy!!!!!! Biscuits have arrived!! Kids were so excited. Pics to come...

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 2:55 AM Quote
Aletways wrote:
minnmess wrote:
spid wrote:

Wagon wheels are cookies? I thought you actually meant wagon wheels, lol!!! I didn't quite agree, but maybe you'd seen different wagon wheels... Hahaha! xD

I thought same as you did! LOL! xD. I thought "How wagon wheels can possibly look like the cookies I sent minnmess? I don't think so!" :oP. But then I got to the conclusion that maybe wagon wheels were some kind of cookie/biscuit heehee xD!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 3:27 AM Quote
Here are the kiddos tearing into Wendy's package:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3153/2633048420_f37941a766.jpg?v=0
All I can say is that Aidan doesn't get the whole posed smile thing. But he really is giving it his all!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3255/2633072042_209831605b.jpg?v=0
They were so excited

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3270/2633025278_8e156c9e01.jpg?v=0

Bounty from the Pirate Princess!

Wendy hooked me up. Hard. Core.

Wendy, you scored big points with Catherine when she saw the pink wafers. She wants the entire world to be pink. So that is of course the first type she went for. Aidan went for the Jammie Dodgers. I think they were a bit dense for him. He later had a Hob Nobs and loved it. Catherine liked the pink wafer and the Jammie Dodgers.

I loved all of them and just had some Lady Grey Tea and Jammie Dodgers. Delightful!!!

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 3:34 AM Quote
Oh no! I can't see the pics :o(. Red squares attack again xD

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 3:36 AM Quote
bogusblue wrote:

Arg!! Snapfish seems to be crapping out. I've used it tons of time. I can see them just fine but it must be because I posted them. I'll work on it.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 4:19 AM Quote
bogusblue wrote:

Please let me know if you can see them now.

Aletways
Aletways Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 4:31 AM Quote
I can see them! The pics look lovely and your kids' joy is contagious =o) .

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 5:25 AM Quote
Anne, I know I've said this before, but Catherine and Aidan are soooooo cute!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 5:28 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Anne, I know I've said this before, but Catherine and Aidan are soooooo cute!

Thanks! I of course think so but it's fun to hear that it's not just me seeing them through mommy love goggles.

Pages Previous 1...13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:59 AM