Travis

Re: Travis Boardie Convention
paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 08 Jul, 2007 11:12 PM Quote
happy_me wrote:
gahh, i knew that was what i should have done at norwegian wood!

Here's a picture of one to make up for it ;)

http://file036b.bebo.com/12/large/2007/06/28/22/131086866a4822612557l.jpg

Hehe

happy_me
happy_me Posted Sun 08 Jul, 2007 11:41 PM Quote
rubbing it in doesn't help ;)

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 08 Jul, 2007 11:43 PM Quote
I'll apologise subliminally :oP

Did you get it?

dee
dee Posted Sun 08 Jul, 2007 11:48 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
dee wrote:
happy_me wrote:
170 cm = 5'-6 9/10"

that's same height as me.
officially everybody at and below this height are termed as "fun-sized"
FACT

I don't get it. A small Mars bar is deemed "fun-size". Yet you can make more Mars Bar cakes (and thus more mess) with bigger Mars bars. It doesn't make any sense!

ah you see you would say this because you are about 15cm too tall to be deemed fun-sized.
you therefore do not fully grasp the amazingness of the fun-sized existence

Esteban
Esteban Posted Sun 08 Jul, 2007 11:51 PM Quote
I hate gigs sometimes, because I'm tall too I get paranoid that everyone behind me is shooting daggers at me.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 08 Jul, 2007 11:52 PM Quote
dee wrote:
paul_c wrote:
dee wrote:
happy_me wrote:
170 cm = 5'-6 9/10"

that's same height as me.
officially everybody at and below this height are termed as "fun-sized"
FACT

I don't get it. A small Mars bar is deemed "fun-size". Yet you can make more Mars Bar cakes (and thus more mess) with bigger Mars bars. It doesn't make any sense!

ah you see you would say this because you are about 15cm too tall to be deemed fun-sized.
you therefore do not fully grasp the amazingness of the fun-sized existence

Goddamnit! :( lol

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 08 Jul, 2007 11:53 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
I hate gigs sometimes, because I'm tall too I get paranoid that everyone behind me is shooting daggers at me.

Just take my attitude. If you want to see past me, get in the queue before me. Simple! :) I often find that small people always push in beside me at gigs, especially at the barrier. Poor wee people! lol

Esteban
Esteban Posted Sun 08 Jul, 2007 11:58 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Esteban wrote:

Just take my attitude. If you want to see past me, get in the queue before me. Simple! :) I often find that small people always push in beside me at gigs, especially at the barrier. Poor wee people! lol

Yep, that's the only rationale to have about it really, but then the whinging little shortarses can always trot out the 'I've been at work/school/college' line. Venues with sloping standing areas do help, such as Manchester Apollo.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 12:02 AM Quote
Esteban wrote:
paul_c wrote:
Esteban wrote:

Yep, that's the only rationale to have about it really, but then the whinging little shortarses can always trot out the 'I've been at work/school/college' line. Venues with sloping standing areas do help, such as Manchester Apollo.

Bullshit!! I had 2 exams the day after a Travis gig, and i was still there all day. No excuses. The 2 times before, i missed class all day to be there early!

Esteban
Esteban Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 12:03 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Esteban wrote:
paul_c wrote:
Esteban wrote:

Bullshit!! I had 2 exams the day after a Travis gig, and i was still there all day. No excuses. The 2 times before, i missed class all day to be there early!

That's dedication, which is rewarded by a good place right at the front, but people don't think about that when they're whinging at you because they can't see. I even told someone once that they should have cleaned their plate more often when they were a kid. That went down well.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 12:07 AM Quote
Esteban wrote:
paul_c wrote:
Esteban wrote:
paul_c wrote:
Esteban wrote:

That's dedication, which is rewarded by a good place right at the front, but people don't think about that when they're whinging at you because they can't see. I even told someone once that they should have cleaned their plate more often when they were a kid. That went down well.

Haha, that's just pure evil. I like it!
People who push in and shove at gigs really do get on my nerves though. My Mum was disgusted at her first Travis gig a few weeks ago, because the girl beside her was pushing right in. My Mum goes "what the hell does she want to see, the speakers!?" (she was directly in front of them, and couldn't have seen much else!)

Esteban
Esteban Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 12:12 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Esteban wrote:
paul_c wrote:
Esteban wrote:
paul_c wrote:
Esteban wrote:

People who push in and shove at gigs really do get on my nerves though. My Mum was disgusted at her first Travis gig a few weeks ago, because the girl beside her was pushing right in. My Mum goes "what the hell does she want to see, the speakers!?" (she was directly in front of them, and couldn't have seen much else!)

Yeah, there's only so far you can go before you can't improve your position anymore without pushing other people out of the way. I like rougher gigs though, bands like Ash or Maximo Park, both of which I've seen this year, because if someone's pissing you off you can give them 'the treatment' and get away with it most of the time.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 12:16 AM Quote
Esteban wrote:
paul_c wrote:
Esteban wrote:
paul_c wrote:
Esteban wrote:
paul_c wrote:
Esteban wrote:

Yeah, there's only so far you can go before you can't improve your position anymore without pushing other people out of the way. I like rougher gigs though, bands like Ash or Maximo Park, both of which I've seen this year, because if someone's pissing you off you can give them 'the treatment' and get away with it most of the time.

Oh don't you worry- it happens at Travis gigs too! At the Barras, there was a surge right after Andy jumped into the crowd. Kirstin turned to me and went "On 3 *gestures to push back* ", and we did. We were well left alone the rest of the gig! :D Never mess with the blonde boardies down the front! Haha

Another time, when they played Belfast in 2003, this wee eejit was clambering all over my back, so i swung my elbow round and caught him in the shoulder. He started giving me jip about it, so i turned round and told him "Shut up and enjoy the gig. If you're still ready for a fight, we can discuss it outside after the gig...". I'm a nice guy apart from when people annoy me. It's fair to say he didn't bother me the rest of the night!

I think he just had bad case of wee-man syndrome

happy_me
happy_me Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 12:19 AM Quote

Quote:

Hah, reminds me of my first Travis gig. Some drunken danes started to push people about and i just pushed one of them really hard back and other people kept on pushing them further away. They must have ended up somewhere far off onb the left side of the stage

Esteban
Esteban Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 12:19 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Esteban wrote:
paul_c wrote:
Esteban wrote:
paul_c wrote:
Esteban wrote:
paul_c wrote:
Esteban wrote:

Oh don't you worry- it happens at Travis gigs too! At the Barras, there was a surge right after Andy jumped into the crowd. Kirstin turned to me and went "On 3 *gestures to push back* ", and we did. We were well left alone the rest of the gig! :D Never mess with the blonde boardies down the front! Haha

Another time, when they played Belfast in 2003, this wee eejit was clambering all over my back, so i swung my elbow round and caught him in the shoulder. He started giving me jip about it, so i turned round and told him "Shut up and enjoy the gig. If you're still ready for a fight, we can discuss it outside after the gig...". I'm a nice guy apart from when people annoy me. It's fair to say he didn't bother me the rest of the night!

I think he just had bad case of wee-man syndrome

I've never been to a rough Travis gig haha, they've all been quite civilised affairs really.

Pages Previous 1...12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:55 AM