Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU
mili
mili Posted Fri 19 Feb, 2010 11:49 AM Quote
hennypenny wrote:
Sorry to hear about your cat Andrew:( *sending a hug*

Anne, I'm so glad to hear your okay. I just heard about this on the news and the first thing I did was think about you.

What she said.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Fri 19 Feb, 2010 12:03 PM Quote
Aww Andrew, sorry about the pussy cat :(

Anne - that is just crazy selfish stupidity. Glad you and yours are all ok!!!

Kristy - Free food = brilliant!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 19 Feb, 2010 1:26 PM Quote
Sorry to hear about the cat, it's funny how the wee bollix can become such a big part of your life.

I'm seriously hung-over today. I need to go buy shoes as I have to go to a funeral tomorrow.

There was an old guy, Joe, who used to drink in my local with his wife, Patty. He passed away on Wednesday night. We used to jokingly call him Lazarus as he has had umpteen health scares throughout his life. It was a bit of a shock as I had got used to the idea that he was gonna live forever, That said in the last year he was on dialysis (sp?) three times a week, he had lost a ton of weight and his eyesight had gotten so bad his driving license was revoked. which is probably why I hadn't seen them so much recently. Patty was always joking with all the younger men in the bar that she was gonna leave him and move in with them, sometimes making totally inappropriate comments, but she got away with it. Because of Joe's age and stature he was the only person ever allowed to call me "Jock". I didn't really know him that well, just from chatting in the pub, but they always made the effort to say hello. So I think I should at least nick down to the church tomorrow.

Dubz

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Fri 19 Feb, 2010 8:09 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
weirdmom wrote:
So sorry to hear about Holly. : (

Things are a bit nuts here because a plane just crashed into a building. It's nowhere near where I work but it's a place I drive by every day to and from home. A friend works in a building next to the one the plane crashed into.

Oh my god Sandy. I'm glad to hear she's okay. Crazy stuff!

My sister works in that building. She luckily decided to work from home yesterday. It was the first time she had worked from home in three months. It's crazy! I'm so glad she wasn't there!

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Sun 21 Feb, 2010 5:31 PM Quote
Went power-walking in the park at 8.30 am - not many ppl so it was gorgeous to have the park just for myself (almost).

mili
mili Posted Sun 21 Feb, 2010 9:14 PM Quote
AbsGinger wrote:
Went power-walking in the park at 8.30 am - not many ppl so it was gorgeous to have the park just for myself (almost).

I had a sunday walk with my son and husband. We trekked through 10 cm of fresh snow on our usual route, more coming down as I write. Not many ppl about today, only a handful with their kites or sails and skis on the ice.

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Sun 21 Feb, 2010 9:44 PM Quote
mili wrote:
AbsGinger wrote:

I had a sunday walk with my son and husband. We trekked through 10 cm of fresh snow on our usual route, more coming down as I write. Not many ppl about today, only a handful with their kites or sails and skis on the ice.

It must look beautiful with the snow.

mili
mili Posted Sun 21 Feb, 2010 10:06 PM Quote
AbsGinger wrote:
mili wrote:
AbsGinger wrote:

It must look beautiful with the snow.

It is, but too much is too much. I'm looking forward to spring, which won't be here for another month or two, and all this snow will mean floods. The official snow depth in Helsinki at the moment is 61 cm, that's 9 cm more than yesterday.

Meridith
Meridith Posted Mon 22 Feb, 2010 12:32 AM Quote
monkey wrote:
My cat died today. We got Holly on xmas eve 92 so she lived a good life, but it's still very sad <3

So sorry Andrew. :(

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 22 Feb, 2010 1:01 AM Quote
Today I went shopping for the first time this month. We were pretty much out of everything. It was grueling. I'm tired. Have to make mini cupcakes for the preschool tomorrow. Violet's "half birthday" since her birthday is in the summer.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 22 Feb, 2010 12:01 PM Quote
Stayed up making those cupcakes and we have a snow day. Oh well. Cupcakes for breakfast?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 22 Feb, 2010 1:36 PM Quote
you have a lot of snow days! School very rarely got cancelled back in my day. we went through many a storm.
we were supposed to get snow over night, but not a flake. But given that it is supposed to snow all week, Im sure its coming soon.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 22 Feb, 2010 2:24 PM Quote
i'm in the community welfare office. It's nasty, full of drunks, junkies, foreigners and kids. All of the above either screaming at each other or into mobile phones. Fun Times.

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 22 Feb, 2010 5:42 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
you have a lot of snow days! School very rarely got cancelled back in my day. we went through many a storm.
we were supposed to get snow over night, but not a flake. But given that it is supposed to snow all week, Im sure its coming soon.

Actually I think this is only our second or third snow day. Our district is always one of the last to close, but we usually go along with everyone else when they close. It's a nice break. This is the first good packing snow we've had this winter. Snow fort!

mili
mili Posted Mon 22 Feb, 2010 6:06 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
minnmess wrote:

Actually I think this is only our second or third snow day. Our district is always one of the last to close, but we usually go along with everyone else when they close. It's a nice break. This is the first good packing snow we've had this winter. Snow fort!

We don't have snow days. The trains are totally messed up at the moment, but everything else functions pretty ok, even trams

Pages Previous 1...126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 136 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:13 AM