Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU
dee
dee Posted Wed 17 Feb, 2010 5:29 PM Quote
i dyed my hair bright red last night. heading to newcastle tomorrow.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Thu 18 Feb, 2010 3:06 PM Quote
I have absolutely no motivation to be doing any work today. And yet I have motivation for everything else.

monkey
monkey Posted Thu 18 Feb, 2010 4:16 PM Quote
My cat died today. We got Holly on xmas eve 92 so she lived a good life, but it's still very sad <3

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 18 Feb, 2010 4:31 PM Quote
Sorry for the loss of your cat, Andrew. It's always hard to lose a pet you've had for such a long time. But it sounds like she had a nice, long life.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 18 Feb, 2010 4:41 PM Quote
Sorry Roo! hugs!

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Thu 18 Feb, 2010 4:43 PM Quote
Sorry to hear that Andrew! Hugs

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 18 Feb, 2010 5:42 PM Quote
Oh, it's really sad. Sorry to hear that.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 18 Feb, 2010 5:47 PM Quote
So sorry to hear about Holly. : (

Things are a bit nuts here because a plane just crashed into a building. It's nowhere near where I work but it's a place I drive by every day to and from home. A friend works in a building next to the one the plane crashed into.

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Thu 18 Feb, 2010 5:48 PM Quote
Sorry about it.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 18 Feb, 2010 6:05 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

Things are a bit nuts here because a plane just crashed into a building. It's nowhere near where I work but it's a place I drive by every day to and from home. A friend works in a building next to the one the plane crashed into.

I just read about it an immediately thought of you. Hope everyone is okay!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 18 Feb, 2010 7:09 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

I just read about it an immediately thought of you. Hope everyone is okay!

Several roads are closed. I had to call my babysitter and tell her another way to get to the kids because the two ways she would normally go are closed.

I think this might have been the suicide of a dude pissed at the IRS (Internal Revenue Service AKA the Taxmen). Someone posted a link to a site that appears to be a suicide note. It's basically a rant against government and taxation. It's odd because there is a much bigger IRS building down south. I didn't even know there were IRS offices up there.

But I guess if you're far gone enough to crash a plane into a building then perhaps these things don't occur to you.

ugh what a sad day.

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Thu 18 Feb, 2010 7:26 PM Quote
Sorry to hear about your cat Andrew:( *sending a hug*

Anne, I'm so glad to hear your okay. I just heard about this on the news and the first thing I did was think about you.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 18 Feb, 2010 7:33 PM Quote
so they think the pissed off dude was piloting the plane? (i havent read enough to know whats going on, just saw that there was a plane crash).

I went next door to confirm catering numbers for an event tonight and ended up with free cappuccio, soup and a nanamio bar. Are nanamio bars a strictly Canadian thing? Watched some Jamie Oliver videos and the Olympics. Considering Ive felt completly blah all day and will be at work until atleast 8 tonight, it was a nice break.
Now back at it...

monkey
monkey Posted Fri 19 Feb, 2010 7:18 AM Quote
thank you, you lovely boardies

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Fri 19 Feb, 2010 10:53 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

My sister works in that building. She luckily decided to work from home yesterday. It was the first time she had worked from home in three months. It's crazy! I'm so glad she wasn't there!

Pages Previous 1...125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 135 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:51 PM