Re: FAO Boardie Biscuit/Cookie Exchange Partiicpants
ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 26 Jun, 2008 1:24 AM Quote
http://www.spminiatures.com/dphcaramelshortcake.jpg

hey what country has this ?

Aletways
Aletways Posted Thu 26 Jun, 2008 1:25 AM Quote
I don't think Argentina has that... What is it?

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 26 Jun, 2008 1:30 AM Quote
chocolate, caramel on a shortcake . i think it's scottish but not sure

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Thu 26 Jun, 2008 2:17 AM Quote
so how often are we doing these exchanges?? heehee monthly? every two months? three?

this was fun! i'd like to continue!

dee
dee Posted Thu 26 Jun, 2008 2:19 AM Quote
ricv64 wrote:

looks like millionaire squares, which i do a mean version of btw

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 26 Jun, 2008 3:53 AM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
so how often are we doing these exchanges?? heehee monthly? every two months? three?

this was fun! i'd like to continue!

well there is a chocolate bar/candy exchange in the future! Maybe that should be 2 seperate ones for more fun! What else can we exchange? legally...

Aletways
Aletways Posted Thu 26 Jun, 2008 5:20 AM Quote
The problem with chocolate is that when it's winter in one hemisphere, it's summer in the other one...

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Thu 26 Jun, 2008 5:47 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Im very excited to say that I got my cookies from Bogusblue/Alma today! YAY!
So excited, in fact, that i sampled them all the second I got home from work, before dinner! Yum!
My favourite are these really delicious sandwiches called Hojaldradas with "cajeta" in them (i think similar to dolche de leche maybe?) covered in chocolate sauce! mmm
And also Cuetara Mexicanas, which are a plain cookie similiar to a digestive, which are great! and would be yummy dipped in tea or coffee or with some peanut butter on them. And lastly an Alegria made with amaranth (a little round grain) and chocolate! yummy!

thanks so much and i hope you get your package soon! I cant wait to enjoy all of these treats!

I'm so glad you got them! Hope you like everything I sent you, Hojaldradas are my favourite though :oP.
Sorry for the lousy letter I wrote you, but I have already told you that was a very tough week xD. I wanted to write a lot of things more about the cajeta and the alegría, but... maybe one day I'll send to you a big letter (almost an encyclopedia) about these issues :oP
Yup, cajeta is very similar to dulce de leche. Yeah, you totally should try your Mexicanas dipping them in coffe (forgot to tell you that xD. See how awful was my letter? xD).

:o)

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Thu 26 Jun, 2008 7:14 AM Quote
Aletways wrote:
The problem with chocolate is that when it's winter in one hemisphere, it's summer in the other one...

very true. tricky.

Edel
Edel Posted Thu 26 Jun, 2008 11:22 AM Quote
dee wrote:
ricv64 wrote:

Is that a new name for Caramel Squares? Havent made them in yonks but they're really good

spid
spid Posted Thu 26 Jun, 2008 11:43 AM Quote
Edel wrote:
dee wrote:
ricv64 wrote:

Is that a new name for Caramel Squares? Havent made them in yonks but they're really good

In our family they are called Millionaires Cakes - A bit more base, and a lot more chocolate is the best way to have them. The base is shortbread like, the middle is caramel and the top chocolate - called Millionaires because they are very rich in taste.

Edel
Edel Posted Thu 26 Jun, 2008 11:52 AM Quote
spid wrote:
Edel wrote:
dee wrote:
ricv64 wrote:

In our family they are called Millionaires Cakes - A bit more base, and a lot more chocolate is the best way to have them. The base is shortbread like, the middle is caramel and the top chocolate - called Millionaires because they are very rich in taste.

ah ok, thanks Spid. Wouldnt mind one now with my coffee;0)

spid
spid Posted Thu 26 Jun, 2008 12:40 PM Quote
Edel wrote:

ah ok, thanks Spid. Wouldnt mind one now with my coffee;0)

What a cracking idea! I've got the munchies now.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 26 Jun, 2008 1:13 PM Quote
bogusblue wrote:
minnmess wrote:
Im very excited to say that I got my cookies from Bogusblue/Alma today! YAY!
So excited, in fact, that i sampled them all the second I got home from work, before dinner! Yum!
My favourite are these really delicious sandwiches called Hojaldradas with "cajeta" in them (i think similar to dolche de leche maybe?) covered in chocolate sauce! mmm
And also Cuetara Mexicanas, which are a plain cookie similiar to a digestive, which are great! and would be yummy dipped in tea or coffee or with some peanut butter on them. And lastly an Alegria made with amaranth (a little round grain) and chocolate! yummy!

thanks so much and i hope you get your package soon! I cant wait to enjoy all of these treats!

I'm so glad you got them! Hope you like everything I sent you, Hojaldradas are my favourite though :oP.
Sorry for the lousy letter I wrote you, but I have already told you that was a very tough week xD. I wanted to write a lot of things more about the cajeta and the alegría, but... maybe one day I'll send to you a big letter (almost an encyclopedia) about these issues :oP
Yup, cajeta is very similar to dulce de leche. Yeah, you totally should try your Mexicanas dipping them in coffe (forgot to tell you that xD. See how awful was my letter? xD).

:o)

Your letter was great!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 26 Jun, 2008 1:15 PM Quote
Aletways wrote:

How do the chocolate manufacturer people ship chocolate in the summer? are they trucked in big refrigerator trucks? Lets just hire a refrigerator plane to fly all over the world with our chocolate.

Pages Previous 1...8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:23 AM