Travis

Re: The Stanley Cup Final thread
minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 21 Jun, 2008 3:19 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
ricv64 wrote:
faygo make a ginger ale ?

They don't have to. VERNORS! Duh!!!
You need to take a vacation to the mitten, maZn.

Bleck. I hate Vernors!
I'll stick to my Canada Dry. It's the champagne of ginger ales you know!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 21 Jun, 2008 4:58 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
ricv64 wrote:
faygo make a ginger ale ?

They don't have to. VERNORS! Duh!!!
You need to take a vacation to the mitten, maZn.

Bleck. I hate Vernors!
I'll stick to my Canada Dry. It's the champagne of ginger ales you know!

Vernors was always too much for me to handle, but everyone claims that when the plant left Detroit in '79 that the next company changed the formula and it lost some of its fizzy bite.
I think the reason I don't like ginger ale at all is because it was forced on me once when I was sick. BLeh! Made me sicker.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 02 Jul, 2008 6:13 PM Quote
The Wings signed Hossa

And any free agent signing comments?
Im sad that Wade Redden is gone from the Sens. even if he did play...we shall say not great, that last 2 years.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 02 Jul, 2008 10:08 PM Quote
OMG! Hossaaaaa!!!!!!!!! We are going to kick so much ass next season! All I gotta say is REPEAT! :D I wonder how the Pens feel now. We also signed their backup goaltender. Muahahaaa...suck on that Crosby.

I wish hockey season would start now! I’m already going over line combinations in my head.

PS: VERNORS is the best pop in the world.

Darran
Darran Posted Wed 02 Jul, 2008 10:56 PM Quote
Good grief.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 02 Jul, 2008 11:18 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:

alas, we can no longer be boardie twins, lol.

Oh, we just signed Ruutu. Who do the Pens have left exactly (ya ya, Malkin and Crosby, whateves!)? Ruttu is kinda a bugger on the ice, so im glad he is on my team and not someone elses.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 5:53 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Nikki wrote:

Oh, we just signed Ruutu. Who do the Pens have left exactly (ya ya, Malkin and Crosby, whateves!)? Ruttu is kinda a bugger on the ice, so im glad he is on my team and not someone elses.

:( Don't abandon your boardie twin over pop! (By the way, do Canadians call it pop or soda?)

I totally agree, Kristy! Sure...Malkin and Crosby are great players, yadda, yadda...but they can't win a cup on their own.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 1:29 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
minnmess wrote:
Nikki wrote:

:( Don't abandon your boardie twin over pop! (By the way, do Canadians call it pop or soda?)

I totally agree, Kristy! Sure...Malkin and Crosby are great players, yadda, yadda...but they can't win a cup on their own.

we are a nation of 'pop.' (i totally typed poop first, hahahaha. oops).
Okay, we are still boardie twins!!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 1:42 PM Quote
pop ? you mean soda

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 2:00 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
pop ? you mean soda

No, she said pop and she means pop. We always drink pop at our Motor City She-Devil branch meetings.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 4:57 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
ricv64 wrote:
pop ? you mean soda

No, she said pop and she means pop. We always drink pop at our Motor City She-Devil branch meetings.

Rock n Rye and Vernors, Mazn!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 5:27 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
ricv64 wrote:
pop ? you mean soda

yes, and we Canadians drink pop in our igloos, while snowshoeing in July and while working in our chosen profession as a lumberjack, furtrader or Mountie.
Also, "pops" is what Don Cherry says when he really means beer.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 5:31 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
ricv64 wrote:
pop ? you mean soda

yes, and we Canadians drink pop in our igloos, while snowshoeing in July and while working in our chosen profession as a lumberjack, furtrader or Mountie.

You crack me up! Fur trader indeed! Have you ever heard of Mr. Canoehead? It was an 80's comedy thing on CBC, this guy was walking through the woods with his canoe on his head and lightning struck him and he couldn't get it off. It was on a show called "Four on the Floor" if I remember correctly.

Mr. Canoehead

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 5:53 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
minnmess wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
ricv64 wrote:
pop ? you mean soda

You crack me up! Fur trader indeed! Have you ever heard of Mr. Canoehead? It was an 80's comedy thing on CBC, this guy was walking through the woods with his canoe on his head and lightning struck him and he couldn't get it off. It was on a show called "Four on the Floor" if I remember correctly.

Mr. Canoehead

Hahaha, i dont remember that at all! But it does look like he is having fun! He is permenantly portaging his canoe. I like the energetic arm swings.
I think I was busy watching my classic CBC lineup of Dr Dressup, Under the Umbrella Tree, umm Fraggle Rock, Seseme Street and Fred Penner in the 80s. Oh, and Today's Special! Wait, i dont think that was CBC. But it was fantastic none the less.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 6:32 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

Hahaha, i dont remember that at all! But it does look like he is having fun! He is permenantly portaging his canoe. I like the energetic arm swings.
I think I was busy watching my classic CBC lineup of Dr Dressup, Under the Umbrella Tree, umm Fraggle Rock, Seseme Street and Fred Penner in the 80s. Oh, and Today's Special! Wait, i dont think that was CBC. But it was fantastic none the less.

What about The Polka Dot Door?
When did Mr. Dressup become a Dr.? Ha ha! I don't remember Under the Umbrella Tree or Fred Penner. Before we had cable I used to watch Samantha Taylor on Video Hits (before we had cable, it was my only access to music videos), but alas you were still in diapers during that show. How about Degrassi Jr. High?

Pages Previous 1...8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:27 AM