AbsolutPurple wrote:
paul_c wrote:
happy_me wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
and i don't fancy anyone besides Edel

aww, now Gladly will be sad

Glad, sad? Mad! ;)

nah ! he's gonna be relieved

I don't have a Travis lyric for this post :( awk!

and why should you ?

Cos i did for the last one, and it got a laugh :)

Re: Travis Boardie Convention
AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Sun 08 Jul, 2007 12:50 AM Quote
not sure i get it

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 08 Jul, 2007 12:51 AM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
not sure i get it

Tonje said "Gladly will be sad", so i said "Glad, sad? Mad!" as in the line "Glad, Sad, Mad" from Flowers In The Window

But i didn't have a line for what was said after that :(

happy_me
happy_me Posted Sun 08 Jul, 2007 12:58 AM Quote
I'm hungry

Frenchygirl
Frenchygirl Posted Sun 08 Jul, 2007 1:40 AM Quote
i've just been away for few years, and there are 12 pages!!

Anyway, I think the idea really interesting..Organize all of this will take a long time, but i'm in!!

if some of you from France want to meet some others french boardies i'm ok too! It's probably better if we know some of us from our country to travel then overseas together!

nats
nats Posted Sun 08 Jul, 2007 3:11 AM Quote
Luis wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
[quote="Luis"] lets decide the Date and the Place ! :P

lets also ask some help to Fran, Dougie, Andy and Neil :P and of course TWT, maybe we can rent a single hotel just for us !

hey ! the blokes can pay for everything : flights/hotels/food...

if thats the case...

nats
nats Posted Sun 08 Jul, 2007 3:15 AM Quote
Andrew wrote:
Esteban wrote:
So you're gonna get someone who lives ten miles down the road to chip in for someone who's coming from 3 time zones away? It's a noble idea. Good luck.

Very noble but may I be the first to say no way i'm paying £300 for a ten minute train ride.

Not sure what I think about the idea as a whole just now, the theory is nice and it could be great, it could also be very very bad, ie. awkward central

im gonna need about U$S 2000 to fly to london and
back home :(

nats
nats Posted Sun 08 Jul, 2007 3:18 AM Quote
kim2007w wrote:
ok, chill - i was just trying to find a friendly way of helping others get to this 'do', that otherwise could not afford, maybe it was idealistic

* goes away to think again*

its a nice idea, but maybe too much idealistic... Would be great for me if there was any chance though :o)

Natasa
Natasa Posted Sun 08 Jul, 2007 8:22 AM Quote
Come over here,we have a grrrreat night life! ;-) Haha!

Seriously now,the whole concept is really great and I've thought it myself too..If it's gonna happen soooometime in the future then we might be able to combine it with a Travis gig somewhere in the UK..So we can meet each other and have fun at the gig! :P

flower_in_the_window
flower_in_the_window Posted Sun 08 Jul, 2007 11:07 AM Quote
Fab idea!
I'd go!
Glasgow would be fab! Could do the old Travis haunts!

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 08 Jul, 2007 9:14 PM Quote
Natasa wrote:

Seriously now,the whole concept is really great and I've thought it myself too..If it's gonna happen soooometime in the future then we might be able to combine it with a Travis gig somewhere in the UK..So we can meet each other and have fun at the gig! :P

Good idea. Perhaps even make the boardie convention night the night before a gig, and then all hang out together before the gig and all queue really early (which is a good laugh anyway!)

Natasa
Natasa Posted Sun 08 Jul, 2007 9:29 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Natasa wrote:

Good idea. Perhaps even make the boardie convention night the night before a gig, and then all hang out together before the gig and all queue really early (which is a good laugh anyway!)

Yep!And I bet everyone would be willing to stay after the show to meet Travis ;-)

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 08 Jul, 2007 9:30 PM Quote
Oh of course! Then again, we could arrange to all get on the guest list for the aftershow, since it is a convention! Haha. Not likely, but it'd be cool :)

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sun 08 Jul, 2007 9:32 PM Quote
Aye but there would be arguments over who is at the front of the queue, and who gets setlists etc.... I still say shorties get first option tho, as we cant see over tall people like...

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 08 Jul, 2007 9:35 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Aye but there would be arguments over who is at the front of the queue, and who gets setlists etc.... I still say shorties get first option tho, as we cant see over tall people like...

Setlist collectors get the setlists, thank you! ;)

If we all queue together for the gig, saying there is one around the time of the convention, then we'd just make up the whole front row at the barrier- maybe taller people like Andrew and myself the second row, behind all the wee people. But i get a setlist goddamnit!! Haha

Pages Previous 1...8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:16 PM