Travis

Re: The Official Nighttiming Thread
ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 10 Sep, 2008 6:58 AM Quote
Meridith wrote:

hahahaha...I totally was there! It was a pretty good show. I was totally into Sarah MacLachlan back then. Really liked the Cowboy Junkies too. They played..so did Paula Cole and Joan Osborne.

Haha. I Knew it!!! I hoep you shaved your pits though. Were there a lot of feminist crazies there?

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 10 Sep, 2008 7:02 AM Quote
Okay so I remember this song because my mom bought the CD. She does that a lot. She buys whole CD's based on one album and then listened to tat song and that song only... anywho. I remember this won the VMA for video of the year deservedly so. It was such a cool vid compared to recent winners. (Piece of Me? Seriously?). So yeah.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 10 Sep, 2008 7:08 AM Quote
Oh! I got another impulse purchase my mom made. She loved Inside Out by Eve 6, and she bought the whole album. And she listened to only that one song on the album. She also did it with Semi Charmed Life by Third Eye Blind. But that had two other radio played singles so... yeah. I kind of miss the 90's...

Meridith
Meridith Posted Wed 10 Sep, 2008 7:08 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Meridith wrote:

hahahaha...I totally was there! It was a pretty good show. I was totally into Sarah MacLachlan back then. Really liked the Cowboy Junkies too. They played..so did Paula Cole and Joan Osborne.

Haha. I Knew it!!! I hoep you shaved your pits though. Were there a lot of feminist crazies there?

oh yes...pits were shaved! yeah...all kinds of people came out of the woodwork for that show.

Meridith
Meridith Posted Wed 10 Sep, 2008 7:12 AM Quote
the 90's were great. loved this and this.

Course this was early 90's. Ick on the hair on the second one though.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 10 Sep, 2008 7:17 AM Quote
AHhH!! Toad the Wet Sprocket! That is... sooooooo 90's. Like so 90's it hurts. I loved that song! I haven't heard the second one before though.

My mom loved this one: Counting Blue Cars, Dishwalla

and this one

Meridith
Meridith Posted Wed 10 Sep, 2008 7:23 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
AHhH!! Toad the Wet Sprocket! That is... sooooooo 90's. Like so 90's it hurts. I loved that song! I haven't heard the second one before though.

My mom loved this one: Counting Blue Cars, Dishwalla

and this one

oh yeah...liked those too.

This one is totally 90's. totally.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 10 Sep, 2008 7:25 AM Quote
Sorry Mer, but to quote you, that is one of the worse songs... EVER.

Meridith
Meridith Posted Wed 10 Sep, 2008 7:27 AM Quote
and I can't forget these guys, I was really into them too. Oh and these guys too.

Meridith
Meridith Posted Wed 10 Sep, 2008 7:29 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Sorry Mer, but to quote you, that is one of the worse songs... EVER.

that's okay....I was just going for the 90's. wasn't a big fan of Live...but everybody and their dog was!

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Wed 10 Sep, 2008 7:29 AM Quote
Okay, my dad kept hearing that Tonic song on the radio (recently) and he thought it was new! Haha! I like Toad the Wet Sprocket! :D

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Wed 10 Sep, 2008 7:31 AM Quote
Better than Ezra!

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 10 Sep, 2008 7:32 AM Quote
Meridith wrote:
and I can't forget these guys,

You do realize that that song is the inspiration for Writing to Reach You, right? Fran was trying to play it and he came up with the chord progression for WTRY.

Meridith wrote:

Holy fuck! I can't stand that guy dancing! He looks like the dude from the original the Hills Have Eyes! He looks live he came down from the mountain and he's going to eat you and your family and take the baby!

Meridith
Meridith Posted Wed 10 Sep, 2008 7:34 AM Quote
How about some Cake?

Meridith
Meridith Posted Wed 10 Sep, 2008 7:37 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Meridith wrote:
and I can't forget these guys,

You do realize that that song is the inspiration for Writing to Reach You, right? Fran was trying to play it and he came up with the chord progression for WTRY.

Meridith wrote:

Holy fuck! I can't stand that guy dancing! He looks like the dude from the original the Hills Have Eyes! He looks live he came down from the mountain and he's going to eat you and your family and take the baby!

Yeah, I remember that...pretty cool. I loved The Connells.

lol about the midnight oil guy...he's like a tall stretchy guy made out of silly putty.

Pages Previous 1...105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:07 PM
Thread Locked