Travis

Re: The Official Nighttiming Thread
DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Wed 10 Sep, 2008 6:19 AM Quote
Quote:
Don't remember hearing that Hootie one.

It was from one of their later albums...Musical Chairs, I don't remember it getting much airplay.

Also, SPIN DOCTORS! I'm having flashbacks!! Hehe :D

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Wed 10 Sep, 2008 6:19 AM Quote
and in the interest of full disclosure...I also have that Marcy Playground album! :D

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 10 Sep, 2008 6:27 AM Quote
Kind of sad these guys were one hit wonders. Hmph. Oh well, the good things never last.

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Wed 10 Sep, 2008 6:29 AM Quote
Oh...I have that album too! Hahaha. :D

Meridith
Meridith Posted Wed 10 Sep, 2008 6:30 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Kind of sad these guys were one hit wonders. Hmph. Oh well, the good things never last.

Sorry Lauren, but that's one of the worst songs EVER.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 10 Sep, 2008 6:32 AM Quote
Meridith wrote:

Wha??? Mer Bear! Surely you jest! I bet this came out when you were in college, this song sems like the perfect college song. Surely you were grooving to this at.. BYU? Or wherever you went...

Meridith
Meridith Posted Wed 10 Sep, 2008 6:34 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Meridith wrote:

Wha??? Mer Bear! Surely you jest! I bet this came out when you were in college, this song sems like the perfect college song. Surely you were grooving to this at.. BYU? Or wherever you went...

no...I really loathed that song...and I think it was about that time I was in college or just out. I sooooooo was NOT at BYU...gasp! I went to the U of U. (they are big rivals)

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 10 Sep, 2008 6:37 AM Quote
Does anyone remember Barely Breating? Funny story about this song. This song came out when I was 8 or 9. That summer we drove to Omaha and went to the zoo. At the hotel we stayed at there was this really bad cover band in the lobby. They played for hours, and it felt like they alternated between that song and THIS GOD AWFUL SONG (there's another one for the list), the whole effing time. Eeek! Besides that it was a very nice Embassy Suites. I'm glad Duncan Sheik has found sucess with Spring Awakening, he won like a bunch of Tony's for that.

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Wed 10 Sep, 2008 6:39 AM Quote
Duncan Sheik!! Holy crap, I have that album too. We are reliving my entire musical purchasing history of the 90's here. Haha!

I think THIS was my favorite song off that New Radicals album. :D

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 10 Sep, 2008 6:39 AM Quote
Meridith wrote:
I sooooooo was NOT at BYU...gasp! I went to the U of U. (they are big rivals)

Woops. Honest mistake.

Meridith
Meridith Posted Wed 10 Sep, 2008 6:45 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Meridith wrote:
I sooooooo was NOT at BYU...gasp! I went to the U of U. (they are big rivals)

Woops. Honest mistake.

it's alright. this time.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 10 Sep, 2008 6:45 AM Quote
Awww remember the Lilith fair chicks! I can totally see Meridith at the Lilith fair. Were you there Mer?
Remember Paula Cole? Wasn't she on SNL and everyone made a big deal because she didn't shave her pits and you could totally see it. Got another funny story concerning her Where have all the cowboys gone song. Okay was at the grocery store with my dad. There's this one line that goes, "I'll go do the dishes while you go have a BEEEEEEER." So when that line came on we hear this distant voice of some guy in the store go BEEEERRR, and then another guy in another aisle goes, BEEEEERRR. Funny. Gosh that was a while ago.

EDIT: How could I forget!: I don't wanna wait!

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Wed 10 Sep, 2008 6:48 AM Quote
I wasn't even there, and that is hilarious!

I really enjoyed some Sara McLachlan back in the day. :D

Meridith
Meridith Posted Wed 10 Sep, 2008 6:50 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Awww remember the Lilith fair chicks! I can totally see Meridith at the Lilith fair. Were you there Mer? Remember Paula Cole? Wasn't she on SNL and everyone made a big deal because she didn't shave her pits and you could totally see it. Got another funny story concerning her Where have all the cowboys gone song. Okay was at the grocery store with my dad. There's this one line that goes, "I'll go do the dishes while you go have a BEEEEEEER." So when that line came on we hear this distant voice of some guy in the store go BEEEERRR, and then another guy in another aisle goes, BEEEEERRR. Funny. Gosh that was a while ago.

hahahaha...I totally was there! It was a pretty good show. I was totally into Sarah MacLachlan back then. Really liked the Cowboy Junkies too. They played..so did Paula Cole and Joan Osborne.

Meridith
Meridith Posted Wed 10 Sep, 2008 6:51 AM Quote
I was into these guys too. Sun 60

Although I was pretty much hardcore into Depeche Mode and the Smiths/Morrissey back then.

Pages Previous 1...104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:41 AM
Thread Locked