Thursday, October 07, 2004
Junction, Cambridge, UK

Support: Magic Numbers
View Setlist
Send this page to a friend

Pictures: 42 Upload Photo

Reviews: 18 Post Review
Sara Anna Posted: 09-10-04 1:47
Wow, what a day not just one show but two. I was really spoilt today with seeing them busking as well. I had missed the Newcastle one so was really pleased to catch it this time. It was fantastic, they played Sing, Driftwood, Flowers in the Window, Turn, Hit me baby one more time and when they started playing Why does it always rain on me, it started raining and they carried on playing! I got soaked! There were camera crews today and I've had emails from friends saying that they have seen me on TV, famous at last, ha ha! The concert at the junction that evening was brilliant as always. It was great to see Dougie sing all the young dudes tonight. They put so much energy into the shows, they must be shattered when they come of stage. I know I'm tired now, I'm losing my voice from singing along to all the songs and my ears are still ringing but it was worth it. Another great show guys, thanks.
mickdevil Posted: 09-10-04 6:27
Boys, you were superb at the Junction last night. I haven't been to a 'close' gig for a while and I can honestly say that was the best I have been to. Sound was spot on, and to hear all your singles (and covers!) in one go was excellent. Can't wait for the singles CD, and good luck for the rest of the tour.

I hope the Cambridge crowd didn't let you down...you certainly didn't let us down!
mingsy_sar Posted: 09-10-04 8:15
I'm so annoyed I missed the busking, cos I was stuck in a uni lecture, but 20 made up for that! Check out the beginning lyrics!Plus I heard the rain came down during an apt song, then freakily stopped straight after. Last night was amazing; I was at the Brit Awards last year (the infamous JT and Kylie thing, they were crap btw) and Travis outdid them by far. Coldplay only did one song and they mucked it up. You guys were perfect! Where can I find a copy of 20, was it only a b-side? Anyway, the set was the same as the Glasgow gig, just in a different order. 'Writing to reach you' was gorgeous as always, and Fran doing 'flowers in the window' on his own was amazing. And even Dougie got his chance to sing, great David Bowie track btw. And 'baby one more time', far superior to the Britney Spears version. Thanks Travis, for making me dream again, even in an English Class! Two questions, do you remember any fans in the crowd at any gigs? And which one of your songs makes you feel happy and uplifted (bar happy of course!)
Graham J Posted: 09-10-04 8:53
Excellent gig, the sound was spot on, a very energetic performance from Travis, we really enjoyed ourselves, a privilege to see in such an intimate venue. Thank you.
sore Posted: 09-10-04 9:24
Ello! Oh My GOD!! It was soo amazing last night, i couldn't believe it! The only bit that..er.. ticked me off was an EXTREMELY TALL MAN standing right in the middle at the front and blocking me and my friends view unless we stood right on tiptoes. Not good. He wasn't even a nice or reasonable man, its not like he wouldn't have been able to see over our heads. Yeesh. Okay now thats off my chest I just want to express the utter JOY-GASM that the gig was!! BEST GIG I'VE EVER BEEN TO!! I've totally lost my voice singing along to every song and shouting so much. If anyone remembers a scream of "You're all so fit!!" then that was me and my friend. I'm also the delightfully rude girl who pushed past half of you to get back to the front before travis' set after answering a call of nature, and I'm the one that has pink/purple hair *GRIN* I really can't stop smiling, Travis rocked my world last night and continue to do so... Highlight was either Turn, Why does it always rain on me? or Driftwood. I also loved More than Us and All I wanna do is rock... My friend Zak (Who i was with last night and is a big fan)said Travis are going downhill and starting to suck live. IDIOT BOY!! Walking In the Sun is suprisingly good, better then some of the last album, I must admit.. BUT NO-ONE CAN EVER SAY THEY SUCK LIVE!! On that note.. I must say goodbye.
Sunday Posted: 09-10-04 9:53
Appart from one asshole who kept getting on his mates shoulders and blocking my view, what a show...

We arrived just in time to hear the support band magic numbers finish up. from what I heard they wernt bad at all probably worth keeping an eye out for em.

So at about 8ish the band came on and well what a show i totally forgot that travis have SO many classic track its mind blowing anyways heres what i remember from the set....

Writing To Reach You
DriftWood
Turn
Why Does It Always Rain On Me
Sing
Flowers In The Window
QuickSand
The Beautiful Occupation
Re-Offender
Love Will Come Through
Walking Down the Hill

The Encore they played four song I forget two of em but one was a cover of Britney's first song Then a Bowie cover which saved em some respect. So that was that and we left...

On the way home I couldnt be assed with going the normal easy sensible route and drove down the M11 instead. My bud started moaning "were lost shall i look at the map"," im like maps are for losers we'll find london no probs", so we stop at the services to grab some food. We walk up to KFC which was closed and realised we aint getting any hot food from here and then me mate goes "its the band" I was like dont be silly and then realised it was TRAVIS standing next to me. I was like shit thanks for the show you guys kick ass and they signed me ticket and got some photos done how random was that ?
So after that we drove home big smiles all round, the band told me for they're london show they'll be busking in Leicster square during the afternoon so head down and catch a free gig if you wish. Anyways great band great people great show :D
SarahRules Posted: 09-10-04 12:56
This was the second Travis gig I've been to, the frist being Brixton last October. I can definitely say that this was the best of the two!

The playlist was absolutely superb and the encore songs were great! 20 was so good, as was Dougie's rendition of All The Young Dudes. Blue Flashing Light was an amazing way to end the evening.

The show was full of energy, the small venue made it all the better. I was next to that guy sitting on his mate's shoulders too. Didn't matter though, was a great evening. My friend even managed to get Fran's towel...damn him...
TJ Posted: 09-10-04 1:25
Wonderful gig last night. Thanks for being so inspiring, certainly got me strumming my guitar this morning and writing again... thanks!
gkay Posted: 09-10-04 2:19
That gig was amazing - wish I had been able to see them busking in Cambridge! It was a really good night with an excellent support band as well. It was really cool seeing them in a small venue - last time I saw them was at the Alexandra Palace and and this small crowd was quite different (and probably better) to the large 8,000 down in London.

Really enjoyed myself, and so did everyone else who I know went!
niggy Posted: 09-10-04 3:26
Arrived well early (around 6pm) so missed the busking in the city centre... bit annoyed about that as had taken the day off to see the show.
Took me girlfriend (debs.. another avid travis fan). The support group were excellent.
Travis were just breathtaking. Loved every second of the concert. It was our first time si i guess we were travis concert virgins!!!!
particularly liked driftwood and all i wanna do is rock. both debra and myself will be off to another travis concert soon...
keep up the good work boys!!!

Niggy & Debra
Kim C Posted: 09-10-04 7:19
What a night, they just rocked! Best venue I have ever been to for one of their gigs, was right down the front and could see all of them so close up - wow! One question, what was Andy on last night - we want a pint of whatever it was! Last time we went to the Apollo and I was 8 months pregnant so oculdn't jump around for fear of giving birth there! It was an amazing gig and I loved Fran's solo of Flowers - he is truly amazing. I would just love to go for a drink with them cos they are so cool and seem so normal. Wish I'd known about the busk and that they were going to the M11 service station! Keep going boys, until next time..
Becca Gardner Posted: 10-10-04 11:30
WOW!!!!
Beat Poet Posted: 10-10-04 4:34
At this gig, Fran and Dougie discussed onstage if Tom Cruise shits . . .

. . . that's how great a night it was!
iloveyoudougie Posted: 11-10-04 12:11
Absolutely fantastic! Nice to see that the Cambridge lot beat the Jordies in the highest donations, nothing against Jordies, but it just proves that Cambridge aren't tight!
Great concert guys, It really was amazing! Neil, Dougie and ?ndy you guys are soooo nice! Fran, your cool too.
Thanks Travis! xxxxx
swiftie Posted: 11-10-04 6:44
The junction was amazing! I went with some of my friends including gkay and we all thought it was brilliant. I wish I had seen the busking, it would have made a change from twinkletoes tap dancing in saffron walden...
All I can say is that Travis were great live, this was my first Travis gig and hopefully not the last.
liam_davison Posted: 11-10-04 7:56
What can I say apart from wow! That was absolutely amazing! I managed to meet Neil - what a sound, down to earth bloke he was! I didn't have a pen or camera when I met Fran. (If you were quing and you saw Fran and Neil come in you probably heard me shout 'I dont have a pen!' lol) I loved your version of Reoffender, that song got me and an old mate back on talking terms so thanx for that lads! Had my sister on my shoulder for Why Does it Always Rain On Me - hurt my back! lol Andy you rock! You're an awsome solo player!
All in all a 11/10 gig. Travis are the best live band in the world!

Thanx again for a great night!

Liam
Tink Posted: 24-10-04 4:50
Breath-taking show! We arrived rather too early thanks to a mis-calculation by my brother so spent 4 hours outside the venue. It was cold, but I got to meet some lovely travis fans queing outside, as well as travis! so not all bad. Not surprisingly I got right to the front of the crowd giving me a fantastic view of the stage and my brother the ideal oppportunity to try out his new toy,a digital camera, (some of the pictures he took are really quite good so I posted a couple). Turn has got to be my favourite song as it gives me the strength to revise for my exams and heard live just like all the other songs makes them even more spectacular. It was lovely to get the chance to see them in such an intimate venue and really was a fantastic evening made complete by managing to catch Dougie's moist towel, mmmm sweaty towel-nice.
gug_jnr Posted: 18-03-06 6:48
This was the best gig Ive been to ever! Not only am I grateful to Travis for introducing me to the Magic Numbers but also I have been a fan of Travis for some years and this was the first time I have seen you guys live. It was absolutely amazing especially in a tiny venue!! Walking in the Sun, Re-offender, Tied to the 90's etc etc all the great tunes were there! Looking forward to the new album and to details of another tour!

Setlist:
Sing
Tied To The Nineties
Writing To Reach You
Re-Offender
Walking In The Sun
Love Will Come Through
All I Want To Do Is Rock
The Beautiful Occupation
Side
Driftwood
Coming Around