Travis

Thursday, February 05, 2004
Granada Theatre, Lawrence, KS, US

Send this page to a friend

Pictures: 0 Upload Photo

Reviews: 7 Post Review
mecarr Posted: 14-10-04 11:01
A fantastic show. Highlight would definitely have to be flowers in the window and all i wanna do is rock.

I was hoping to see the band after the show so I waited outside with about 20 other people. After 30 minutes went by a roadie came out and said that they had left. Of course us fans didn't believe it so we waited another 30 minutes. To help prove us wrong, the roadie brought me backstage just so i could see they were gone and tell everyone else they were, so we would all go home.

In the back of my mind I was thinking that this was a big trick, and they were taking me back to meet the band. So I'm led through some hallways and into a small room, where guess what, there was an empty fruit tray, a few empty bottles of beer, and no travis :-(

I did come away with a set-list though and great memories. I wrote a letter to Fran and gave it to some roadie who told me that she'd give it to him. I never heard back but I hope Fran got the letter!
andrewmankirk Posted: 05-03-05 10:54
WAS PURE QUALITY MAN
roxiejazz Posted: 21-06-05 10:31
Before attending this show, I had never so much as heard of Travis. Today...you can't shut me up about the band. I tell anyone who will listen (and many who won't) how they put on one of the absolute BEST live shows I have ever seen in my life. (Topped only by Paul McCartney, actually.)

This show was incredible. I still get chills when I think about it. I became an enormous Travis fan half-way through the first song. I can't even tell you how wildly bitter I am that I do not live in the UK and therefore miss the vast majority of the Travis stuff. If I have anything to say about it, however, by the time the new album drops, everyone in Dallas at least will know about the band! :)

I just can't say enough about how amazing these guys are, live. I can't wait for the next show and as much as I want them to hit HUGE the way they deserve to in the States (I still think Coldplay got the success Travis deserved) - I do selfishly hope like hell to have an opportunity to see them in a fairly small venue again. Just astounding!
scottishstewart Posted: 29-09-06 5:24
I just wanted Travis to know that I think they are wonderful!! The show was amazing!
Your music moves me and makes me happy. I too wish I lived in Scotland in order to see you more often. Please come back to Dallas! We love you!
Scotland Rules!
Skinnyrockstar Posted: 13-10-06 4:51
I went to the Oasis Concert back in Sep. 2005 and they have nothing on Travis. Travis Fucking rocks live, best show ever. Every Member is great. Andy playing on the speakers was awesome. And Fran doing a third encore, just amazing.

Thanks Travis for the great memory, please come back to Dallas, you know we love you!
SamuraiSandy Posted: 30-11-06 9:23
This was the most amazing concert I have ever been to. Almost 3 years later, and I'm still talking about it! I did not want it to end!!

Please come to Dallas again--We Love You!!!
MojoPinJen Posted: 28-07-07 4:16
+1 Votes Login To Vote
***Message to the web-master***(This tour archive is listed incorrectly. Travis played the Granada Theatre in Dallas, TX on Feb/05, not in Lawrence, KS Please correct. Thanks!)

This was first Travis show I attended. And man it was the most awesome concert experience of my life. It was the first I've had the opportunity to see a band I truely adore and know all the words to every song. That makes it that much more enjoyable. I somehow made it to "the mosh pit" (not dangerous at a Travis concert, goodthing) and was center left close to DOugie. Let me tell you, Dougie is quite entertaining to watch. He is just oozing with sex-appeal and just loves throwing it out there!!! He's constantly making eyes with the ladies and grinning and giggling of flattery. I thought I met eyes with him once, but I might have just been in the moment of the show. Fran, was amazing with all his energy and true appreciate for the audience. I think I did have moment with the band in between songs I screamed, "YOURE BETTER THAN COLDPLAY!" and I think Fran says, "What did she say?" While laughing Dougie whispers in Fran's ear and he giggles and says, "Hahaha! Thank You!" It was my little moment with the band I will cherish. There is no way they can be compared to Coldplay, while they are a good band. Travis is fabulous and they know what they are doing and have a great attitude towards the fans! I hope this comment did not offend anyone. Thank you Travis! Never forget Dallas fan are true!
GET ARCHIVE GIG REVIEWS VIA RSS (RSS?)

ARCHIVE FAQ
December
09 Hopetoun House, Edinburgh, UK 
03 YouFM Studio Concert, Frankfurt, DE 
November
19 Stirling Castle, Stirling, UK 
09 Luz De Gas, Barcelona, ES 
08 Chesterfield Caf, Madrid, ES 
04 Hanbury Arms, Brighton, UK 
October
29 Virgin Radio, London, UK