Travis

capote
dee
dee Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 2:53 PM Quote
just watched it last night. was really interested to see it as i have been hooked reading "in cold blood" recently.
i just bought a collection of all his novellas, short stories and portraits too so i'm really digging truman capote right now.

on a side note i have not been near this board in yonks.
just from skimming through there appears to be an eye thing going on. i can happily say that i was doing eyeball pictures before it was cool.

Re: capote
minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 2:59 PM Quote
Yes, it is eyeball week
See: http://www.travisonline.com/board/view.php?t=9881

Okay, Juli AND you can be eye trendsetters!

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 3:04 PM Quote
Ha! It is hard not to notice isn't it? Copycats! ;-)

And Capote, I liked that film. Philip Seymour Hoffman is of the limit, incredible, praiseworthy all the way. I remember I digged Harper Lee's To Kill A Mocking Bird book too.

Anyway a quick hello to you before heading off to a yummy dinner invitation! There will be chocolate fondue too! So there! :-P
Good to see you and the original eyeball thingy.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 7:10 PM Quote
Hey Dee, good to see ya about. Yeah have to say I prefer your eye. Those other super close up ones freak me out!

Ps. Haven't seen that film.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 7:42 PM Quote
You trendsetter you. Agree with peewee that your avatar is a bit less creepy than the uber close ups.

I saw Capote a few months ago. It was a very good movie. Never read the book. A friend of mine sort of scared me off of it because she was traumatized by reading it as a teenager. I don't think I would have the same reaction but I still hesitate to read it.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 7:51 PM Quote
hmm, i seem to creep a lot of people out.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 7:56 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

It's not yours individually- it's clicking on a thread and every post having an eyeball looking at me.

It's a collective creeped out feeling.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 8:17 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
minnmess wrote:

It's not yours individually- it's clicking on a thread and every post having an eyeball looking at me.

It's a collective creeped out feeling.

the accusations of creepiness towards me expand beyond this board :S

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 11:23 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:

How could you mention the topic of this thread a "PS"? Go and sit on the corner, now. *rolls eyes*

TK23
TK23 Posted Tue 30 Sep, 2008 11:39 AM Quote
I love that movie! Very interesting.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Tue 30 Sep, 2008 12:12 PM Quote
champagnesupernova wrote:
Peewee wrote:

How could you mention the topic of this thread a "PS"? Go and sit on the corner, now. *rolls eyes*

Sorry Miss! *bows head and sits in corner*

If it makes you feel better I'm gonna try download the film and watch it. THEN I can contribute to this thread and not just the CREEPY eyeball thing *shivers*

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 30 Sep, 2008 1:14 PM Quote
Wendy has an eyeball! woot!

dee
dee Posted Tue 30 Sep, 2008 2:45 PM Quote
i'll go so far as to say that dubz specifically named me as partly inspiring "colours week" when he suggested it.
as for hat week, puh-lease, when i havn't had eyeball shots i've had dee in hats pictures.
puffy cheek week, are you freaking kidding me? i've got cheeks you could hide ping pong balls in and still not be discovered.

i think you guys should just come out in the open as dee-worshippers and just entitle your next week as the "dee-tribute week."

all art is but imitation.

that is all.

dee
dee Posted Tue 30 Sep, 2008 2:45 PM Quote
this is my first official tribute to dee post complete with dee-tribute picture, featuring the wonderful dee, of course.
i thank you:)

Peewee
Peewee Posted Tue 30 Sep, 2008 2:53 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Wendy has an eyeball! woot!

I'm just trying to get my own back on your FREAKY eyes! Mine are more evil than yours!!!! mwaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 8:46 PM