Travis

Married to a serial killer
Hanne
Hanne Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 12:35 PM Quote
Just how naive can a woman be??

In the 80s, a man named Peter Lundin strangled his mother to death in the US and was imprisoned. While he was in prison, a Danish film crew made a documentary since his dad is Danish. I clearly remember watching this documentary cos I thought he was crazy in a really scary way. He painted his face half black, half white and recited some really strange 'poetry' about how everything is black or white, good or evil etc. No in-betweens.

Anyhow, as these things go for some reason, he got a lot of letters from women. After he was released, he moved to this country and lived with a mother and her two sons. In 2000, he murdered them - all of them. As far as I remember, he even dismembered them.

So far you agree with me that he shouldn't be let loose in society, right?

He is currently doing time for that murder - and yesterday he got married to a woman in her 20s. What on earth is this woman thinking?? The prison guards fear for her life, and he's even made death threats. Some women are just plain dilusional. Does she really think that she can change him, or save him? I really wish I could understand why some women are attracted to psycopaths like that.

Re: Married to a serial killer
champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 12:48 PM Quote
Hanne wrote:
Does she really think that she can change him, or save him? I really wish I could understand why some women are attracted to psycopaths like that.

That sounds like a joke! Mental!
I guess the reason should be that everybody think they are special. Different than the rest of the world. Especially women tend to fall for that more often I could say.

Darran
Darran Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 12:57 PM Quote
I could murder a bowl of cornflakes.

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 1:07 PM Quote
Darran wrote:

That is sexy.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 1:13 PM Quote
Darran wrote:

drown them in milk?

Harmony1206
Harmony1206 Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 1:18 PM Quote
I believe that's it. She must think that she is the only one who can change him, and that the same thing won't happen to her.

Hanne
Hanne Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 1:19 PM Quote
Darran wrote:

Would you considder eating your victims?

Hanne
Hanne Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 1:24 PM Quote
Harmony1206 wrote:
I believe that's it. She must think that she is the only one who can change him, and that the same thing won't happen to her.

Most girls go through that phase in their teenage years. Some women seem to never come out of that phase again.

Harmony1206
Harmony1206 Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 1:28 PM Quote
That's too true.

Btw, I tried sending you a pm on here the other day, but yet again it didn't want to work. :-S

Hanne wrote:
Most girls go through that phase in their teenage years. Some women seem to never come out of that phase again.

Hanne
Hanne Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 1:40 PM Quote
Harmony1206 wrote:
That's too true.

Btw, I tried sending you a pm on here the other day, but yet again it didn't want to work. :-S

Ach :o(

I saw on the Travis thread that you considder coming to Copenhagen too :oD

mili
mili Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 1:44 PM Quote
Hanne wrote:
Harmony1206 wrote:

A lot of serious murderes receive fan mail from ladies. If I don't remember wrong, the police murderer and bank robber, rapist, you name it, Steen Christensen ended up marrying a fan, a Finnish woman writing to him.

Ah, Wikipedia knows:
"In prison, Christensen married a Finnish woman in 2002 who gave birth to their child."

I really don't understand.

Harmony1206
Harmony1206 Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 1:46 PM Quote
That's right! :-) But it's the ticket and venue I'm having serious issues with. That's why it'd be grand with some help. :-)

Hanne wrote:

Ach :o(

I saw on the Travis thread that you considder coming to Copenhagen too :oD

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 1:59 PM Quote
Yeah I think pretty much every famous killer (and truly many who aren't famous) gets fan mail and women who want to get with them. I cannot even begin to imagine how you make that OK in your brain but it definitely is a phenomenon.

Charles Manson, even 40+ years later still gets offers from women.

There are even websites to connect you with inmates. In a romantic way.

Hanne
Hanne Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 2:20 PM Quote
Harmony1206 wrote:
That's right! :-) But it's the ticket and venue I'm having serious issues with. That's why it'd be grand with some help. :-)

Ah, I see. I don't know much about the access at that venue. Maybe you can PM me on Facebook? Or do you have my mail address? In either case I'll reply but not before some time tonight :o)

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 2:25 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Yeah I think pretty much every famous killer (and truly many who aren't famous) gets fan mail and women who want to get with them. I cannot even begin to imagine how you make that OK in your brain but it definitely is a phenomenon.

Charles Manson, even 40+ years later still gets offers from women.

There are even websites to connect you with inmates. In a romantic way.

Maybe it makes them feel like problematic film stars, drawing attention for their disorder-full lives. Human being is a very complicated organism, innit?

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:20 AM