Travis

Re: Don't buy the latest NME....
erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Tue 30 Sep, 2008 1:16 AM Quote
champagnesupernova wrote:
Buying NME? Utter shite man. You gotta be kidding.

hahaha agree... what do they know about music?? I mean, for them artic monkeys are the best of the best *my apologizes if I offend some fan here, but, artic monkeys sucks!*

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 30 Sep, 2008 1:19 AM Quote
I don't know the Artic Monkeys so that's ok... but i like the Arctic Monkeys a lot. ;) Hehe.

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Tue 30 Sep, 2008 10:41 AM Quote
erikausagi wrote:

hahaha agree... what do they know about music?? I mean, for them artic monkeys are the best of the best *my apologizes if I offend some fan here, but, artic monkeys sucks!*

Well I like Monkeys. But I put a distance since NME started raving about them. ha! Obviously not the best of best. Just some fan band. NME just take some bands and overrate them as far as they can go. I.e. The Long Blondes. Oh and there is this band The View. They make me wanna puke. NME morons love them.
It is too bad such narrow minded music journalists (so to speak) have a big influence in music world. So unfair considering the intense efforts of several musicians putting an album together. It feels like they have something negative against Travis since forever. Let's all fart to NME. Lol

sputnik_sweetheart
sputnik_sweetheart Posted Tue 30 Sep, 2008 11:02 AM Quote
SUCK & Untrustable NME

what's the matter they said how suck about Travis ,I still love 'cause Travis is Travis !

Hey dudessss you're my sweetheart.

musicsaves97
musicsaves97 Posted Tue 30 Sep, 2008 11:10 AM Quote
Personally, I have never given a shit about any review relative to Travis. They have been universally pissed on since 'The Invisible Band' and it's supposed lackluster performance as compared to 'The Man Who'. From the new direction on 'The Boy With No Name' and the J Smith EP, I'm looking forward to this new direction and material. It's Travis doing what they do best in terms of mellow music, but it's a new set of coordinates creatively for them. 'Ode To J. Smith', 'Forth' by The Verve, and the new Oasis album (from what I've heard of it) have left me feeling excited about music again for the most part. It doesn't change the fact that there's still alot of drivel being pushed as revolutionary, but that is the modern business of music.

Travis will always be one of my top-five bands. Each album that they create is something I genuinely get excited about. Even '12 Memories' was hard for me to digest at first, but I grew to love the change in direction and the new spirit of their collective as a band. Now that they are free of a major label and all of the BS that comes with that, I'm expecting some of Travis' best work to be on the horizon.

Hodgy
Hodgy Posted Tue 30 Sep, 2008 12:26 PM Quote
Seasick Steve only managed 2/10 in the same issue as well. The thing that gets me about NME reviews now is that there's very little in them about the actual songs, so you've genuinely no idea whether an album is good half the time.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Tue 30 Sep, 2008 12:42 PM Quote
erikausagi wrote:

Well I like Monkeys. But I put a distance since NME started raving about them. ha! Obviously not the best of best. Just some fan band. NME just take some bands and overrate them as far as they can go. I.e. The Long Blondes. Oh and there is this band The View. They make me wanna puke. NME morons love them.
It is too bad such narrow minded music journalists (so to speak) have a big influence in music world. So unfair considering the intense efforts of several musicians putting an album together. It feels like they have something negative against Travis since forever. Let's all fart to NME. Lol

Just wanted to add my two pence! heehee I don't mind the Monkeys as my bf tends to play them alot and I've kind grown to their songs but the def would not be a fave of mine. However I don't feel they are worth half the hype the get. Also The View!!! Ahhhhhh I fecking hate hate hate this group. As soon as I hear them on the radio I instantly have to turn over. Actually I rarely listen to the radio any more as I am so sick and tired of repeat plays of utter crap! Blah....rant over. Classic FM is always good for a wee change :)

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 12:09 AM