Travis

Instead of 5 things i love about Berlin...
rebekah
rebekah Posted Sun 28 Sep, 2008 5:46 PM Quote
(i'm sure you've seen the video on Youtube sooo...)

How about 5 things i love about Travis?

Mine:

1)The way they are so involved with their audience i.e travisonline and how let fans take pics with them etc

2)Their love and appreciation of music

3)How brilliant they are live! (the fact that Fran can actually sing live amazingly!)

4)Their accents :D

5)And ofcourse their MUSIC :D

Re: Instead of 5 things i love about Berlin...
Kaizer
Kaizer Posted Sun 28 Sep, 2008 7:34 PM Quote
1) Turn
2) Their music videos
3) Of course their accents
4) The relaxing feeling I get whenever the band plays some chords
5) The fact that they respect their fans instead of being arrogant

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Sun 28 Sep, 2008 7:51 PM Quote
Fran
Dougie
Neil
Andy
12 Memories

And what I love about Berlin is Lou Reed's Berlin. Thought I would get that off my chest. *nods*

silvella
silvella Posted Sun 28 Sep, 2008 8:22 PM Quote
1. Their music that fills my heart and soul with pure luck.
2. Dougies smile in Mannheim.
3. That Travis is the band who made it after these 40 years to knock my socks off - no other band did it so far.
4. This board and you boardies - including Fran, Dougie, Andy and Neil.
5. Driftwood (and now Before You Were Young).

Thanks for this thread, it's great!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 28 Sep, 2008 8:35 PM Quote
i dont know if i could possibly narrow it down to 5 things!

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 28 Sep, 2008 8:52 PM Quote
1. Bloody amazing songs
2. Continual interest in fans no matter how bizarre/obsessive/clingy they are :)
3. Dougie's hips
4. The amount of love in every song even when the lyrics are despairing
5. The board!!! :D

irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Sun 28 Sep, 2008 9:11 PM Quote
I love all but...

1. Their Music
2. The great relationship with their fans
3. The Board (and boardies)
4. Their Lives
5. The incredible power of Travis :D *see my Travisversary thread*

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 28 Sep, 2008 9:12 PM Quote
5 reasons why I personally love the band so much:

1 - The first band I listened to. Before Travis it errr, well, it wasn't very good let's say. lol So they'll always be the band that started my interest in guitar music and opened my ears to stuff other than that at the top of the pop charts.

2 - The songs obviously. From singles, to album tracks, to b sides.

3 - The amount of interaction between the band (especially Fran) and their fans is amazing. Thanks Fran. :)

4 - Live. They play great and actually talk to the crowd, unlike a lot of bands. :)

5 - Errr. They keep making great music! :) lol

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 28 Sep, 2008 9:19 PM Quote
1. The way I can relate to the lyrics and melody of each and every one of their songs and the emotion and feeling they evoke. Their music is so beautiful and meaningful. Fran's voice can make me smile during one song and cry the next. I can find a Travis album for every emotion.

2. The fact that they're such a versatile, diverse band that can do a number of different styles brilliantly - from the melancholy, atmospheric music of The Man Who, to the happy, sing-along songs like "Sing" and "My Eyes" to the total rock-out anthems. This shows just how inventive they are, how they can grow as a band and find new sounds while still having that Travis magic.

3. They are the best live band I've ever seen. Period. Not only in the way they perform the songs with so much heart, but the way they make the audience feel like part of the show.

4. The way they have stayed so humble and are just really great human beings. They treat all of us so well. Their fans are so important to them and I think they really care about us. This is obvious in the way they communicate with fans through blogs and posts on this board and after shows, chatting and taking pictures.

5. The fact that their music can reach so many people from all around the world and bring them together. So many people have become friends through this message board and I think it's a really great thing. Heck, some folks have even got married! I look forward to logging in to this message board because we not only share a love for this great band, but you are all really lovely people. :)

silvella
silvella Posted Sun 28 Sep, 2008 10:03 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
5. The fact that their music can reach so many people from all around the world and bring them together. So many people have become friends through this message board and I think it's a really great thing. Heck, some folks have even got married! I look forward to logging in to this message board because we not only share a love for this great band, but you are all really lovely people. :)

Nikki!! You bring it to the point! Thanks, same for you! Big hug!

Who got married?? Some boardies?

And, what I forgot in my list, so it's number 6: Sometimes the whole Travis thing feels like a virus, like a drug, and nobody can comprehend that when he is not infected!

akanksha
akanksha Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 11:52 AM Quote
5 Things...isn't nearly enough. Not at all!

Nevertheless, I'll try:

1. Songs that are original, sensitive and intelligent at the same time. And songs that feel so good to sing along to any time. I don't feel quite so good singing other songs as when it's by Travis. There is so much you can express in them.

2. They've been in the music "business"(for want of a better word!) for more than a decade and fame has still not managed to find a way to get to their heads. They're still down-to-earth. That video which Fran made about Berlin, in fact, I was thinking about it yesterday. He looks like a really typical YouTuber just posting for the heck of it some video about why he likes Berlin. He doesn't look like The Frontman of a very accomplished band with bestselling albums and Brit awards, putting on all sorts of airs. They are real people as opposed to celebrity, which might be what's otherwise expected of a successful band that's been around for so long.

3. Like Nikki said! The diversity of tunes. I mean, I listen to As You Are or Walking Down the Hill and then switch to, say, Good Day to Die or 1922, and the difference in style is wonderous. And yet no matter what type of music they play in any song it always comes out sounding brilliant.

4. The way the songs take you on a journey, sometimes into yourself, sometimes to some other realm. When you listen to the music, you're not supposed to think. It's something you feel. Fran once said - I think I read this on he-ey.org - "Music and art are like an amazing duster that dusts off this consciousness that makes you forget about what's important." Their songs do that. They take you away. It doesn't matter WHAT the song is going on about, it could be about something you're not even familiar with, but you can feel the essence of the music filling you up. Sometimes it's so effective you forget it was actually, like, MADE by someone, for some reason. They've always placed greater importance on the effect of the songs rather than the artiste or band that creates it. Which is what makes them different from a good deal of other bands.

5. ...Their awesome taste in music, movies and art in general. :D

akanksha
akanksha Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 12:06 PM Quote
And also,

6. The wonderful joy and warmth and happiness one gets listening to Travis after a dreary dreary day at SCHOOL. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Seriously. The highlight of every weekday is coming home listening to good music the bus.

Though this list could go on...!

MargaretO
MargaretO Posted Tue 30 Sep, 2008 10:37 PM Quote
1. they're funny
2. they're brilliant live
3.they're cute
4.their songs
5. they're nice to their fans

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 1:28 PM