Travis

Re: Anyone else waiting for their Newcastle tickets?
Invisibleman
Invisibleman Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 12:16 PM Quote
I booked my tickets through the university website an got linked to ticketline.
Been getting quite worried bowt the tickets not showing up an have been on the phone every other day an have just found out that the tickets still havent arrived an that i'll have to collect them an hour before the gig on thursday. I dont think its been any of the ticket company's fault, the tickets just haven't been sent to them.
Hope this helps

Invisibleman
Invisibleman Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 12:17 PM Quote
Been getting quite worried bowt the tickets not showing up an have been on the phone every other day an have just found out that the tickets still havent arrived an that i'll have to collect them an hour before the gig on thursday. I dont think its been any of the ticket company's fault, the tickets just haven't been sent to them.
Hope this helps

Invisibleman
Invisibleman Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 12:18 PM Quote
Hope this helps

Tonie
Tonie Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 12:52 PM Quote
Invisibleman wrote:
I dont think its been any of the ticket company's fault, the tickets just haven't been sent to them.
Hope this helps

Actually I think it is their fault. The reality is they are disorganised and are very quick to take your money in the guise of "admin" or "postage", and yet blame other parties the week of the event if the tickets aren't out yet.

They do it often, which bugs me. If it were a one off, maybe you could let it go, but I think they are pretty rubbish.

Mandy
Mandy Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 1:55 PM Quote
If ticketline haven't sent their tickets either does that mean noone actually has their tickets for newcastle yet?? I can already see myself in a massive queue at the bloody box office.

GothyDave
GothyDave Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 4:33 PM Quote
Mandy wrote:
If ticketline haven't sent their tickets either does that mean noone actually has their tickets for newcastle yet?? I can already see myself in a massive queue at the bloody box office.

I actually bit the bullet and bought ANOTHER ticket from the university box office itself on Friday in case See didn't get their acts together - there were still plenty of tickets available there and at Newcastle City Hall, who also sell tickets. Moreover, you get given the tickets straight away.

My reasoning being, it is better to pay the price of an extra ticket (which if not needed can be given to a friend) than to pay for a ticket you never get to use.

So if you live near enough to Newcastle to go into the city centre and buy tickets in person, that might be worth a try on the off-chance See cock up even more, and don't even get the tickets in for box office collection.

Mandy
Mandy Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 5:54 PM Quote
Thanks GothyDave. I might take the chance and do it if i have to but right now I am totally broke and really can't afford to buy another pair. I will speak to See tomorrow and try and force them to refund my money then I might be able to do it.

BTW, where is the box office at the Uni in case I have to pick the tickets up there in the end.

GothyDave
GothyDave Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 6:07 PM Quote
It is the front desk in the student union, where the gig is going to be held. The booking fee there is 50p. If there are none left there, try the city hall (booking fee of £1) or the independant record shops beatdown records (just opposite the main train station) or Reflex (just off grainger street, theres usually ppl holding signs for that shop)Those two shops have a booking fee of £1.50.

toonarmy
toonarmy Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 6:27 PM Quote
Ive just rang them on 08712300010 and they advised me the tickets would be with me by 1pm on Wednesday. This is no good as I wont be in to sign for them and to collect them would be too late.

They said I could get them from the box office and gave me a reference number to pick them up.

I asked for a refund on postage and the guy said someone would get back to me on my contact number by tmrw afternoon to arrange a refund.

He was very helpful, but I would advise anyone who is in the same boat as me to do the same and collect from the venue, that way you will DEFINITELY get them.

Mandy
Mandy Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 6:46 PM Quote
Is this see?? I will give them a ring tomorrow but I rather have them delivered, Im worried they wont let me pick up the tickets until after the doors have opened which I dont want to risk

toonarmy
toonarmy Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 6:56 PM Quote
Yeah Mandy, theyre through See, if youre in on wednesday until 1pm itll be fine as theyre getting the tix tomorrow and sending them special delivery, otherwise I wouldnt chance it.

Mandy
Mandy Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 6:59 PM Quote
Yeah thanks, Im def in all day wednesday. And if they aint there by wednesday then am right back on the phone asking my money back and then buying one in town. Right now I am just glad that the gig hasn't sold out yet as otherwise I'd really be bricking it.

toonarmy
toonarmy Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 7:14 PM Quote
Im astounded that it hasnt sold out! This is about the 7th time i'll have seen them in Newcastle and every gig has been a sell out. Where are all the fans from the Arena gig? they still play the same songs, Im puzzled

johnson293
johnson293 Posted Tue 30 Sep, 2008 9:46 AM Quote
I also rang Seetickets yesterday about the Newcastle tickets. Always had tickets in hand by now for other gigs, so was getting a bit worried.

Girl on the phone told me they were still waiting for the tickets to come from the promoter, and wasn't sure when they would arrive - so she said she would change the order from postal delivery to collection at the Venue (forgot all about a refund of postage charges) - I just have to take along my order reference number, and the card I paid for the tickets with.

Just checked my order status on their website, and it now says the following...

Order Status 29/09/2008 - We are currently trying to arrange for collection at venue

Hope they do manage to sort it - but as it appears the gig (strangely) hasn't sold out yet, it hopefully shouldn't be a problem.

MJ

Mandy
Mandy Posted Tue 30 Sep, 2008 12:04 PM Quote
I just checked my status and it says they have been sent special delivery now. I havn't had an email or nout but I assume this means they will be here by 1PM tomorrow, fingers crossed that everyone will get their tickets ok!

No idea why it hasn't sold out, I think it was the same last year April at the Academy? But the Uni is even smaller, which is a shame but good for us I guess. Atleast we know that everyone there will be geniune fans and not just alot of kids coming along because its cool...ugh

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:02 PM