Travis

One Night, the Night
irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 12:02 AM Quote
My dad asked me, just one year ago, if I wanted to go to a festival (Eutopia, Cordoba), in which would perform a very good Scottish group that was similar to Coldplay. I answered: “OK, why not?”
Hours before, I was searching something about that group on the Internet and I heard some songs that sounded really well.
There are moments of the concert that I’ll never forget… Flowers in the Window, Selfish Jean, the crowd shouting “Klaus”, the guitarist "diving" into the fans, the bassist’s hips-shake and his smile, the big jump of the singer, the rhythm of the drummer… and of course, the music, the songs...they had got something that I liked :)
The next day, they became to be my favourite band, I started to search all about them, to buy their CD’s, vinyls and other stuff related.
But, not only I knew to my favourite group but I (and my friends) discovered music (the good music, the music that doesn’t appear on the charts-though these top hits sounds very well when Travis covers them ;) ) that I knew that existed though I never have heard them.
Also I started to create my own music (I already played a little the keyboard) and I bought a guitar, which I’m learning to play :)
The board changed a little more my life, coz I never thought that there were people seemed to me, and I found them here, I’m glad to know that there are people like me (though not close) over the world… moreover, my English have improved a lot (but sure that I still have a lot of mistakes)and even I've learned a few words in German like "manno" or "lecker" hehe.
Now, I would like to repeat that night like a big Travis’ fan, singing the songs (and understanding them hehe :P) , so Travis, come back to Spain please :)
I hope not have bored you, but I had to share with you coz it have been a GREAT year.
Thanks Travis, Thanks Boardies :)

Re: One Night, the Night
martina
martina Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 12:24 AM Quote
Thank you for sharing! It's great to see that Travis inspire people this way! After all, they're Travis ;)

Bryn
Bryn Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 12:50 AM Quote
That is a great story! Thanks for telling it! :) I'm glad you found Travis!! You have a cool dad!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 2:30 AM Quote
Hey Irene! That was wonderful! :) I was going to ask you that question myself when we next spoke. "How did you discover Travis?" Always interesting. For me, it was when Travis couldn't get OFF the radio. Now, they can't get on the bloody thing.

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 4:57 AM Quote
For Travis, some some some years ago, i learned to play guitar, my english turned better and i full my HD computer of tunes of them...

Travis change your life, not a little, a lot i say.

now, you can learn some words in german like: ICH LIEBE TRAVIS (i luv travis) or SEHR GUT FRAN! (very well Fran)

singme0430
singme0430 Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 5:22 AM Quote
Thanks for sharing your great story. :) In fact, it hasn't been even a year since I got to know this wonderful band, Travis. I've become a big fan of theirs, though! ...actually, I happened to hear some Travis songs when I prepared for a big exam. Probably, Travis' music helped me a lot focus on studying and get (I dare say) quite good marks! X) They really made me relaxed, so I began to collect all the albums after the exam was over.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 5:57 AM Quote
That was lovely, Irene. Thanks for sharing :o)

To me, the best thing of the board is getting to meet very cool people from all over the world that feel the same way I do about Travis' music, and even becoming friends with them.
That's something very special. I love this board!

I knew Travis since 2001, but I became a fan in 2004. I was going through a horrible depression and their music was something that helped me to get out of that. Travis' music for me was like a rush of fresh air :o)

singme0430
singme0430 Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 1:14 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
To me, the best thing of the board is getting to meet very cool people from all over the world that feel the same way I do about Travis' music, and even becoming friends with them.

I agree with you!! :)

irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 2:06 PM Quote
Thanks to all for the answers ^ ^
singme0430 wrote:

Me too :)

I have my HD (computer and my head) full of Travis' songs, and I've obtained very good marks too :P

Ben, these days would be fantastic... Travis on the radio *.*

ICH LIEBE TRAVIS! SEHR GUT FRAN! very useful ;)

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 2:24 PM Quote
Happy Travisversary!

akanksha
akanksha Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 3:07 PM Quote
Your dad is cool! I wish my dad were the sort who understood music enough to know who Travis are!

singme0430 wrote:
In fact, it hasn't been even a year since I got to know this wonderful band, Travis. I've become a big fan of theirs, though! ...actually, I happened to hear some Travis songs when I prepared for a big exam. Probably, Travis' music helped me a lot focus on studying and get (I dare say) quite good marks! X) They really made me relaxed, so I began to collect all the albums after the exam was over.

Almost the same story here!
Actually, I'm preparing for my 'O' levels this year. The exams start on 20 Oct which is like, in a month(!)
Anyway, I may be a bit weird for this but Travis is an awesome homework/revision companion especially for tiresome subjects like maths. :) I can actually get stuff DONE while listening to Travis. The music gives some kind of motivation, somehow.

Haha ok I'm veering off topic. It's lovely to hear how the music changes people.
And though I've only been on these boards for a little over a month, I think the boardies are probably the nicest people I know. I'm also glad like you, to know that there are people in the world who feel just the same way about listening to Travis :)

Monica
Monica Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 5:30 PM Quote
Hey Irene! Thanks for telling your story.
By the way, your dad has to be a cool dad, haha.

deebee
deebee Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 6:04 PM Quote
What a lovely message Irene. All these people spread over the world united by one common interest... Travis!

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 8:28 PM Quote
Thanks for sharing Irene! Nice story :).

Tomorrow will be my Travisversary!It was 23 September/07.

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 9:18 PM Quote
irenesfor wrote:
Thanks to all for the answers ^ ^
singme0430 wrote:

Me too :)

I have my HD (computer and my head) full of Travis' songs, and I've obtained very good marks too :P

Ben, these days would be fantastic... Travis on the radio *.*

ICH LIEBE TRAVIS! SEHR GUT FRAN! very useful ;)

Schön!!! du sprischt deutsch jetz!!!!

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:11 AM