Travis

Re: Hey, hey hockey fans!
ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 06 Feb, 2012 10:21 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

duh!
I watched a little of the super bowl last night, and it reminded me of why I love hockey.

you shoulda watched this

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 15 Feb, 2012 12:28 AM Quote
OK . I was just told this story earlier today . As far as I know it's true , this person doesn't lie . I'm keeping the name of the team quiet.

Recently a very dear friend lost his sister to cancer . She was a HUGE hockey fan . She Lurved her team . Her dying wish was for her ashes to be scattered in the river that ran through her city and for some to be spread on the ice in the arena . My friend drove back home and dealt with the grief of losing his little sister . He , her son and another sister , in shirts emblazoned with her pic and RIP , put some ashes in a piggy bank , her favorite animal , and threw that into the river . They kept about a light bulb full amount . They attended the game and waited until after . team had won . While the area cleared He handed his sister his money and credit card and car keys saying . " If I get arrested bail me out "

He went down to the ice ready to throw it over the plexiglass . He noticed the area for the photographers was open and leaned over and dumped the contents . He said the zamboni guy saw him do that and looked pissed at first but must of noticed the shirt and backed off ....either that or cause he's a big guy . He said that the zamboni drove over the ashes embedding them into the ice . The games since this all have been victories .

He had a dream about her last night with her telling him it was all OK .

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Fri 17 Feb, 2012 2:27 AM Quote
Today Seattle announced a proposal for a new arena that could bring the NHL here. Not big news, but if we did get a team here, I would go to some games.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 17 Feb, 2012 12:51 PM Quote
hennypenny wrote:
Today Seattle announced a proposal for a new arena that could bring the NHL here. Not big news, but if we did get a team here, I would go to some games.

im going to design their new plaid jerseys

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 18 Feb, 2012 8:22 AM Quote
Looking for a video that someone may have posted on here...

Basically looking across the bay at the Vancouver skyline at the moment Canada beat the USA at the winter olympics, it's pretty quiet at the start then you just hear a roar, and while it's not that loud you can tell it's mighty as the camera operator is pretty far away at the time.

Dubz

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 18 Feb, 2012 2:04 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Basically looking across the bay at the Vancouver skyline at the moment Canada beat the USA at the winter olympics, it's pretty quiet at the start then you just hear a roar, and while it's not that loud you can tell it's mighty as the camera operator is pretty far away at the time.

Dubz

I just went and looked in the Olympics thread where it was originally posted, but the video is now set as private on youtube

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 18 Feb, 2012 10:14 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

I just went and looked in the Olympics thread where it was originally posted, but the video is now set as private on youtube

Thank you pet, I much appreciate it!! ... and booo to ye tube !!!

I wanted to see that agaian and dsend irt to a Vanocouverererean !!!

dubz

Darran
Darran Posted Sun 19 Feb, 2012 3:49 PM Quote
Here you go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMvFoixHH3U

Meanwhile I enjoyed taking this photo

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7024/6703809831_bf37f84aea_z.jpg

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 19 Feb, 2012 4:51 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
Here you go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMvFoixHH3U

Meanwhile I enjoyed taking this photo

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7024/6703809831_bf37f84aea_z.jpg

Thanks Darran, very much appreciated.

Dubz

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 11 Apr, 2012 12:37 PM Quote
Can't believe you guys are letting this thread die . It should get hijacked into a futball thread . Anyone see what Reina did to get the redcard and what has happened to the Anfield cat ?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 11 Apr, 2012 6:40 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
Can't believe you guys are letting this thread die . It should get hijacked into a futball thread . Anyone see what Reina did to get the redcard and what has happened to the Anfield cat ?

shut your face, California! :)

PLAYOFFS!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 11 Apr, 2012 10:14 PM Quote
Good job Real Madrid !!!!!!!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sun 15 Apr, 2012 12:05 AM Quote
So like in soccer and baseball the Rangers are the bad guys ?

When done Liverpool and Real Madrid

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 15 Apr, 2012 2:07 AM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
So like in soccer and baseball the Rangers are the bad guys ?

When done Liverpool and Real Madrid

I like the Rangers under normal circumstances. they are the home of Mark Messier. HOWEVER, not in this case.
Headed to OT in game 2. Early in this playoffs, it is all about the OT

Canada beat the US in the gold metal game of the women's World Championship :)

mili
mili Posted Sun 15 Apr, 2012 4:40 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

Canada beat the US in the gold metal game of the women's World Championship :)

Congrats!

Meanwhile the whole of Finland & Sweden are getting ready for the World Championship games. I'm already getting bored with all the fuzz.

Pages Previous 1...76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 Next All Times UTC Current Time 11:12 AM