Travis

Re: Song To Self Video
nats
nats Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 12:28 AM Quote
beautiful video. I loved it!

Lin
Lin Posted Sat 27 Sep, 2008 5:52 PM Quote
I like the video though it makes me melancholy a little.

Because of the fact there was only Franny in it I recalled that for some time some people thought that "Travis" it's not the name of the band but name of singer and talked to Fran like "Hello mr. Travis"
And... That's pretty much it... :)

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Sat 27 Sep, 2008 8:34 PM Quote
This is the first time I listened to the song, and I like it. Especially the line of needing someone to sing along with. Beautiful. And the video is quite fitting, particularly with the graphics direction they've taken for this record. The best frame is early on in the vid when Franny's leaning on the wall and there is the reflection on the other side.

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Sun 28 Sep, 2008 7:43 PM Quote
Fran wrote:
Dear all, The video for Song To Self will be going up on our youtube site later. Don't be shocked. It's just a me video. I was a little uncomfortable with the idea of it not being an all of us video, but it reflects the meaning of the song well, that of loneliness and wanting to find someone who feels the same as you, someone who knows how you tick. And boy did I feel lonley : )
Anyways it'll be up later. It's directed by Nick Hooker. Nick has worked with U2 and the Smashing Pumpkins and recently made the video for the Grace Jones song Corporate Cannibal.

Is it inspired by Danny Boyle's Sunshine by any chance? The cinematography at least. Looks cool. The idea of "you video" is not bad at all. There I said it. ;-)

akanksha
akanksha Posted Tue 30 Sep, 2008 10:14 AM Quote
Speaking of the "Is Travis a person?" thing, I recently revisited the "Turn" video on YouTube and read someone's comment that went: Too bad the guy at the end couldn't run like Travis does pushups. (... ...) Travis is strong!

Hahaha, even when Dougie, Andy and Neil ARE in the video, this assumption still exists!

Lin
Lin Posted Tue 30 Sep, 2008 6:35 PM Quote
Travis is a person if we talk about Travis Clay Henderson :)

cheekyminx
cheekyminx Posted Wed 01 Oct, 2008 5:44 PM Quote
Beautiful vid. Fran alone in his little bubble. Wish it didn't, but this song just sums up how I'm feeling, trapped in a bubble, just trying to burst out back into life.

Teffy
Teffy Posted Tue 18 Nov, 2008 12:17 AM Quote
the tags xD
Brilliant video

Nell
Nell Posted Tue 18 Nov, 2008 3:07 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
It's simple, but interesting; kinda like a Fran lava lamp. It's a Frava lamp.

Fran lava lamp? Woohhahaha.....Today at the uni people named 1 no-go from the last 50 years...;) lava lamp was ...like the no.1 thing :p

but yeah the "boy" in vid seems kinda lonely..

Pages Previous 1...3 4 5 6 [7] All Times BST Current Time 2:18 AM