Travis

Re: Hurricane Ike
carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Sun 14 Sep, 2008 2:10 AM Quote
My folks said that the news said some places could take a month before they get electricity back, YIKES! It better be back since I'll be moving back in a month, if not they best watch out for Hurricane Carla part 2 ;)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sun 14 Sep, 2008 2:16 AM Quote
Yeah he was saying they might go back tomorrow. I get that but at the same time why do you want to go back somewhere that has no power?? He said they might try and rent a generator from around here.

But still...

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Sun 14 Sep, 2008 3:48 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Yeah he was saying they might go back tomorrow. I get that but at the same time why do you want to go back somewhere that has no power?? He said they might try and rent a generator from around here.

But still...

I know what you mean! Indoor camping is not my idea of fun. My family is miserable with no a/c, they have all the windows open but there is no wind. No a/c in mid September in Houston, I'll pass!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 15 Sep, 2008 4:47 PM Quote
I just read the following in an article about the search and rescue mission going on right now:

Of particular concern is a resident who collects exotic animals who is now holed up in a Baptist church with his pet lion. "We're not going in there," Jones said. "We know where he (the lion) is on the food chain."

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 15 Sep, 2008 4:54 PM Quote
umm...i dont even know what to say about that.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 15 Sep, 2008 4:57 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
umm...i dont even know what to say about that.

There is only one part of that sentence that is not crazy: the part where the rescue worker is refusing to go to that church.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 15 Sep, 2008 5:11 PM Quote
who told crazy man that his lion could stay at the church? Who told crazy man it was okay to have a pet lion???

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 15 Sep, 2008 5:22 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
who told crazy man that his lion could stay at the church? Who told crazy man it was okay to have a pet lion???

Not sure about the church part but I know a guy whose parents live in West Texas who have a pet bobcat. They keep it in the garage. He sees nothing weird about this.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 15 Sep, 2008 5:28 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
minnmess wrote:

Not sure about the church part but I know a guy whose parents live in West Texas who have a pet bobcat. They keep it in the garage. He sees nothing weird about this.

well i bet the bobcat does!

Liz_77
Liz_77 Posted Mon 15 Sep, 2008 6:12 PM Quote
Hey all...I survived Ike, though I still can't go back to work. I think tomorrow we are able to go back. I work in Houston, in the Galleria, if anyone knows where that is! Anyway, our home did not really sustain any damage, just some large limbs down. Our power luckily came back on Saturday morning, unlike many others. Most of my friends and coworkers still don't have power. Also, I have a lot of family that live in Galveston and near Galveston. They all seem to be okay, with the exception of one distant relative, it seems. Plus some of their houses are completely flooded. Anyway, it could've been a lot worse so I'm glad it wasn't!!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 15 Sep, 2008 6:22 PM Quote
Liz_77 wrote:
Hey all...I survived Ike, though I still can't go back to work. I think tomorrow we are able to go back. I work in Houston, in the Galleria, if anyone knows where that is! Anyway, our home did not really sustain any damage, just some large limbs down. Our power luckily came back on Saturday morning, unlike many others. Most of my friends and coworkers still don't have power. Also, I have a lot of family that live in Galveston and near Galveston. They all seem to be okay, with the exception of one distant relative, it seems. Plus some of their houses are completely flooded. Anyway, it could've been a lot worse so I'm glad it wasn't!!

glad you are okay!

Liz_77
Liz_77 Posted Mon 15 Sep, 2008 6:26 PM Quote
Thanks!!! (me too) hehe

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 15 Sep, 2008 9:51 PM Quote
More crazy

Liz_77
Liz_77 Posted Mon 15 Sep, 2008 11:13 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

LMAO...

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Tue 16 Sep, 2008 2:33 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
I just read the following in an article about the search and rescue mission going on right now:

Of particular concern is a resident who collects exotic animals who is now holed up in a Baptist church with his pet lion. "We're not going in there," Jones said. "We know where he (the lion) is on the food chain."

I certainly hope the SPCA or something like it can find a way to get that poor lion.

Today was my Mom's bday and she got one of the best presents this afternoon, power! And the flowers I had ordered her that were to arrive Friday arrived today and they were surprisingly still in good shape. Thank goodness I didn't waste $65 ;)

Everything is slowly getting back to normal, yay!

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:11 PM