Travis

Re: Crap Gigs
happy_me
happy_me Posted Fri 08 Jun, 2007 9:57 PM Quote
Saw Goldfrapp supporting Coldplay...not really impressive... people were actually boo-ing the entire set.

audrey
audrey Posted Fri 08 Jun, 2007 10:06 PM Quote
silversun pickups opened for snow patrol.

they were extremeeeeeeeeeeeely boring. bah.

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Fri 08 Jun, 2007 11:07 PM Quote
I went to this show, where this band called Tantric was playing...and some band called the beautiful creatures opened, and a couple of other really shit bands were also played, obviously that show made a big impression on me *yawn*.

I saw Metric Open for Hot Hot Heat...I like Metric now, but boy were the keyboards waywayway too loud at that show. At least for my ears anyway.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Fri 08 Jun, 2007 11:20 PM Quote
Biffy Clyro supporting the Manics a few weeks ago. I wanted them to bugger off from the moment they came on stage.

Moray
Moray Posted Fri 08 Jun, 2007 11:41 PM Quote
Working at the Carling Academy in Glasgow, I was subjected to some amount of shite.

Stand Out crap gigs were Phish, John Squire, Barenaked Ladies, Counting Crows (Twice!) and the utterly woeful CKY

paul_c
paul_c Posted Fri 08 Jun, 2007 11:55 PM Quote
Snow Patrol opening for Travis in 2003 was a pretty bad one...

But nothing tops Embrace on my 20th birthday. Officially the worst gig ever! Morning Runner (the support band) were superb. Embrace blew them out the water by being stunningly crap. Then Danny McNamara mistook the sea (it was a seaside town- Oban, in the West Highlands) for a lake. Idiot!

Btw, i'm not including the many local bands i've seen, cos some of them have been bloody awful *coughs* Glasvegas! *cough*

Andy knows what i'm talkin about...

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Sat 09 Jun, 2007 12:08 PM Quote
TRavis, Liquid Rooms, Edinburgh, April 2007

ayana
ayana Posted Sat 09 Jun, 2007 12:20 PM Quote
Têtes Raides, a French band. I saw them at a festival, I was waiting for the band after them. It was awful. They did monkey noises during the whole show (who lasted 1h and half http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i249/ayana-nc/Smileys/smilie22.gif).

Second worst one would be Bright Eyes. I was very disappointed by the performance ...

Stéphanie
Stéphanie Posted Sat 09 Jun, 2007 2:00 PM Quote
A French band called Second Sex. They were awful, they wanted to play like The Libertines... totally crap. Nobody listened their songs... well to be honest, everyone were waiting for Interpol...

1/3 of Suggestive Leg
1/3 of Suggestive Leg Posted Sat 09 Jun, 2007 2:06 PM Quote
Oasis at Glastonbury 2004. They didn't want to be there, we didn't want them there.

deepi
deepi Posted Sat 09 Jun, 2007 2:50 PM Quote
i went to see oasis at sheffield feb 05, they were alright, but their supoort act were PANTS! i think they were called shaft(?), they thought they were all that, and before starting each sond would say 'listen to this you f**king nancies!' i was like 'I DON'T WANT TO LISTEN YOUR CRAP GO AWAY!' lol

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Sat 09 Jun, 2007 2:58 PM Quote
Definitely The Lemonheads 1997 or 1998. The guy was so wasted, couldn't even stand nor did he know the lyrics to his own songs. The guy was God like to me in the late 80's early 90's, what a disappointment! Good thing tickets were dirt cheap!

Katherine
Katherine Posted Sat 09 Jun, 2007 3:11 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Razorshite always give me pains. But the WORST band I seen was The Crimea, I think they supported Travis on a tour. Was bloody awful. Babyshambles I seen, they were shite. And Caravan.

Holy CRAP! The Crimea are my only "Crap Gig" as well! Only they were on tour with Ash, and I saw them with Eliza. So she may agree with me on this.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sat 09 Jun, 2007 10:32 PM Quote
DavesUrMan wrote:
TRavis, Liquid Rooms, Edinburgh, April 2007

He's talking shite. Ignore him. I was there and it was a pretty good gig!

elodie
elodie Posted Sat 09 Jun, 2007 10:39 PM Quote
Brian Wilson at the Montreux festival with my parents... the sond was quite bad and the musicians around him didn't enjoyed themselves a lot... I don't know, I didn't like it :S

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 Next All Times UTC Current Time 12:55 PM