Travis

DFS!!!
Peewee
Peewee Posted Sat 06 Sep, 2008 1:33 PM Quote
I thought since it has been mentioned on here so many times that us people from UK should share our pain with the rest of Travisland!

Here are these god awful ads we have to put up with on tv!

Anne, I especially hope you enjoy them, *please don't punch a hole through your monitor*!!!

TWATSandNICKLECRAP

Re: DFS!!!
Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 06 Sep, 2008 1:58 PM Quote
Oh God, that's so annoying. I'd want to punch my TV if I lived in the UK too. I feel bad for you guys. That song is HORRIBLE...and the people dancing around? *shivers*

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 06 Sep, 2008 7:11 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Oh God, that's so annoying. I'd want to punch my TV if I lived in the UK too. I feel bad for you guys. That song is HORRIBLE...and the people dancing around? *shivers*

Not just UK ask Dee ?? we get this shit in the Republican Free State of Ireland too.

Dubz

Peewee
Peewee Posted Sun 07 Sep, 2008 1:29 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Nikki wrote:

Not just UK ask Dee ?? we get this shit in the Republican Free State of Ireland too.

Dubz

Awww man sorry to hear that! lol

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 07 Sep, 2008 6:01 PM Quote
Cheer up everybody, the sale ends today!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 07 Sep, 2008 6:07 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

But it's DFS they'll have another sale starting tomorrow.

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 07 Sep, 2008 6:07 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

But it's DFS they'll have another sale starting tomorrow.

Dubz

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sun 07 Sep, 2008 6:38 PM Quote
Oh my! I feel embarrassed for those people dancing! They look sooo stupid!
I'm very sorry you have to put up with that!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 07 Sep, 2008 6:46 PM Quote
Two words: Mute button.

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sun 07 Sep, 2008 10:12 PM Quote
I can't belive DFS - how they take over every Christmas - its obscene , i wont have ITV or channel 4 on because of them at Christmas. They are even on classical FM now at Christmas - They should be outlawed, lets hope the credit crunch affects their advertising campaigns

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sun 07 Sep, 2008 10:24 PM Quote
You know we've talked about trying to live in the UK for a year or two (just for the experience) and it's a possibility now that my hubby works for a company with offices over there (not a big one but it could happen)

Anyway after seeing those commercials, I don't think I could do it.

THEY'RE THAT BAD.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 5:20 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
You know we've talked about trying to live in the UK for a year or two (just for the experience) and it's a possibility now that my hubby works for a company with offices over there (not a big one but it could happen)

Anyway after seeing those commercials, I don't think I could do it.

THEY'RE THAT BAD.

But those Head On commercials are enough to make me want to flee to the UK with just my family and the clothes on our backs.

Not to mention those Billy Mays commercials for Oxi-Clean, Kaboom, Mighty Putty and whatever else he's selling. My daughter asked me why he has to yell all the time. He gives me such a headache that I need to apply Head On directly to my forehead!

Moray
Moray Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 5:31 PM Quote
You can't trust a company that's one letter away from being an acronym for "For Fucks Sake!"

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 6:13 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
But those Head On commercials are enough to make me want to flee to the UK with just my family and the clothes on our backs.

Not to mention those Billy Mays commercials for Oxi-Clean, Kaboom, Mighty Putty and whatever else he's selling. My daughter asked me why he has to yell all the time. He gives me such a headache that I need to apply Head On directly to my forehead!

The Head On commercials don't make me want to flee the country. They make me want to kill myself. The repetitiveness makes me feel like I'm stuck in a cycle of bad graphics hell.

LOL at your daughter about why he yells at the time. A very good question.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 6:23 PM Quote
erg. now i have the voice of Billy Mays echoing in my head!

We have these really awful ones for some new cell phone company. Kodoo or something. SOOO annoying. i will try to find something to post later. And then i was in Montreal on the weekend and there were basically the annoying people of the commericals at their booth in a mall in stupid 80s aerobics wear doing stupid stretches. THIS MAKES ME HATE YOUR PHONES AND EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU!
However, if anyone has seen a Canadian Heritage Moment commerical, they are the greatest things ever invented simply for their cheese level!

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:34 AM