Travis

Re: Indian Summer ???? Indian Flood more like :)!
G675
G675 Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 11:10 AM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:
What A Night!

Im hopeless at remembering but ( not in order but nearly)

Selfish Jean
Eyes Wide OPen
Driftwood
Beautiful Occupation
Side
Closer
Love will Come through
J.Smith - YES!
Something Anything - YES!
Song to Self
Turn
Sing
Good Feeling

Flowers

Slideshow
Blue Flashing Light
Rain - Rain Rain Rain and a Rain on poor Dougsie ( I'll get em for you next time - it took the smile off my face too)

EDIT: Long Way Down was played too, sorry!

EDIT EDIT : Jeez I missed AIWDIR and As you Are -how could I have forgot those? and I think Pipedreams

So the moral of the story is - dont rely on me for a setlist, my brains too scrambled afterwards!

They didn't play As Your Are I'm afraid... :(

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 11:13 AM Quote
Heehee Im so sorry about my setlist version everyone . I thought I'd done well at the time of typing!

* goes red* I should have thought a bit harder before typing it! I think I left another out too :(

Can someone put the tour archive right please ? :)

Ursina
Ursina Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 4:06 PM Quote
Eledh wrote:
Yeah, you know what? I don't think I'm going to see them again at some festival.
I mean... In UK it's always like this. Someone fights right beside or behind me and I lost 3/4 of the gig just because I have to pay attention to my back.
I think I'll just go to travis gig in the tour... But no festivals.
I just don't see the point in going to a festival, pay 40£, stay there under the rain, get drunk, talk and scream about your busines with your friends for the whole fucking gig and then get involve in a fight.
Why someone should do that? I mean... If I pay 40£ I just want to stay there and have fun and yes, maybe drink a few beers, but you know, the most important thing to me in a gig is listening live music!

But anyway, the gig was amazing, they were amazing as usual. Just the volume was so low... Really, but no problem.

och Eledh :( what a shame but I know exactly how you feel. Saw Travis only once at a Festival and that was enough Festivals for me! I just hate all the drunk ignorant people. I could have gone to Shrewsbury easily as my sis in law lives there but nah I knew it would turn out like this.

but never mind there might be a gig at a nice wee venue for us to meet again soon :) *fingers crossed*

sina:)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 4:56 PM Quote
I saw Travis in a festival but in Argentina they don't let you get in the stadium with bottles (not even water, which is absurd imo), so no one was drunk. It was great! Of course a solo gig would have been better, but at least I got to see Travis for the first time :o)

nickynooboo
nickynooboo Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 7:16 PM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:
Thats good Nicky , I know not everybody had this experience as when I started to walk out after the Dougie incident , everyones faces were like wow wow wow ,smiling like cheshire cats , so I was happy that not everyone felt like me.

The floods def kept people from coming in to Shrewsbury . Only the idiots ( me)took their car through feet of water!

btw - I have posted J.Smith and Something Anything and also will upload Long Way Down and Song to Self tomorrow :)

Thanks, I know it's a shame that there weren't more people really and that the weather was so bad......luckily I could walk...or paddle home!
I suppose it was so good for me because it was my home town and it all felt kind of special seeing the guys in front of me. How far did you have to travel? Do you go to many gigs?

x

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 9:53 PM Quote
I thought the turnout was good, there wasn't much more room! I would have liked more time in the champagne tent myself :) and then who knows everyone would write about me! haha ...The only time I got oiled at a Travis gig was at Birmingham and I couldn't remember most of it afterwards but at the time it was terrific . I must have been ok oiled - I dont recall security haha although I got a small bottle of wine confiscated once ; he was nice and replaced it with water :)

I go to as many as I can . I would like to go to a foreign one but haven't done that as yet . I'm having a bad year personally but maybe next year when things settle a bit.

I live in Nantwich, should have been a 45 min trip.!

White99
White99 Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 10:05 PM Quote
I can shed light on the geezer who threw the can of lager: That was my old P.E teacher from school (Roscoe i think) and he was throwing stuff all night.It started with a half full box of wine, then a cup of lager followed by the can.The last time he was out of my reach to stop him lobbing it.

I could see Dougies face, it was like Thunder and i felt dead ashamed, he probably thinks Shrewsbury's full of drunken nobs who can't handle their ale.

Sorry Dougie! (The Coat was awesome mate...)

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 8:19 AM