Travis

*ping* Song To Self
Ursina
Ursina Posted Tue 02 Sep, 2008 4:28 PM Quote
according to Silvella's post in the 'stolen' thread Song To Self IS a single !!! wow ! why is there nothing on this site telling us this ?? when is it to be released ?

that would figure why the radio here is playing it all the time .... still I'm confused :-/

Re: *ping* Song To Self
Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 02 Sep, 2008 4:36 PM Quote
It could be the first single in different countries. I'm not sure. Either that or maybe it's scheduled to be the second single and TWT hasn't said anything about it yet because the first single hasn't even been released yet. The official release date is Sept. 15 for "Something Anything."

silvella
silvella Posted Tue 02 Sep, 2008 4:47 PM Quote
Hi, Ursina! Hi, Fran! *g*

It happened only by chance that I've found the Song To Self single - and the cover! But, do you remember? Fran told on the Salzburg interview that this will be it (and our local radio DJ told it, too), so... it's okay!!! I like this song, I like the cover, the only thing I miss is a little statement why there are two different single releases. Fran? Would be kind if you answered my question. Thanks!!!

Just by the way: I like the way Travis demands (challenges??) us to find all the news ourselves! And I think we are good in this, guys!!!

Screenshot:

http://i30.servimg.com/u/f30/12/20/88/81/song_t10.jpg

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Tue 02 Sep, 2008 7:16 PM Quote
The lips!!!

Fran
Fran Posted Tue 02 Sep, 2008 7:30 PM Quote
We wanted to release Something Anything in the UK first and the companies we licenced our record to wanted to release Song To Self first so we said ok. Cool. So it's Something Anything in UK as single 1 and Song To Self as single 1 in rest of world.
Hope this answers you q.

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Tue 02 Sep, 2008 7:51 PM Quote
LOL - Fran here to answer all your Marple findings .

Actually , its a great idea all in all!

81 Posted Tue 02 Sep, 2008 7:54 PM Quote
Thank's Fran, it's good to know that Song to self is the first single in the rest of the world. Something anything is a good song, but I prefer Song to self. Ciao

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 02 Sep, 2008 8:01 PM Quote
That Fran, so helpful.

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Tue 02 Sep, 2008 8:15 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
That Fran, so helpful.

He knows so much about Travis, I wonder where he learns it all? ;)

martina
martina Posted Tue 02 Sep, 2008 8:23 PM Quote
So I guess there's gonna be a video for it...

Trixi
Trixi Posted Tue 02 Sep, 2008 8:28 PM Quote
Fran wrote:
We wanted to release Something Anything in the UK first and the companies we licenced our record to wanted to release Song To Self first so we said ok. Cool. So it's Something Anything in UK as single 1 and Song To Self as single 1 in rest of world.
Hope this answers you q.

ooo-kayyy...NOW I'm confused! I just searched on amazon.de for Song To Self and it says this article will be released on 26. September. Then I searched for Something Anything and it says this article will be released on 15. September. So we gonna get two singles in one month here in Germany or what?
Not that I'm complaining! haha ;-D

Edit: Oh...ahem..nevermind. i did't notice the "UK-Import" behind Something Anything first place, Doh! :-z

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Tue 02 Sep, 2008 8:39 PM Quote
I can see a mass import of European singles hitting the UK Travis market soon ;)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 02 Sep, 2008 11:04 PM Quote
Fran wrote:
Hope this answers you q.

LOL! He does know a lot about Travis! :P

Will there be a video, Fran?

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Wed 03 Sep, 2008 12:32 AM Quote
So, Travis will have 2 singles???

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 03 Sep, 2008 1:00 AM Quote
Thanks Fran! It's a perfect single. I'd love it to be a single here!... ;)

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:31 PM