Travis

Re: New interview
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 01 Sep, 2008 3:33 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
LMAO. Puffins??

It seemed mildly insulting to me that he is saying the Travis men aren't as lovely as they seem.

(I also like how matter-of-fact he says puffins are not as lovely as we think they are as if this is common knowledge and accepted truth instead of being a bowl of crazy talk)

I'd love to ask the Travis guys what are some of the craziest questions they've been asked in interviews.

I still think about the interview on the ferris wheel with the lady who was throwing herself at Fran and laugh.

Yes, being the nerdy girl I am, I actually looked up puffins on a couple of web sites to see what is so objectionable about them that isn't obvious on the surface. Other than a somewhat annoying noise (and surprisingly deep for such a cute little bird) I didn't find anything about them to lessen their loveliness in my eyes.

While I was outside yesterday, I was thinking how being a musician isn't the dream job people think it is. I'm sure the performance aspect of it is nice, but you're obligated to perform on certain nights whether you feel like it or not. You have to be nice to everyone. You get bombarded by fans and you have to be nice to them, even though you really just want to go to sleep. You have to make sure you look good and smell good all the time. You have to put up with all these dorky interviews and answer the same questions all the time. Or crazy interviewers who take you on Ferris wheels or ask you about regretting songs you've written about puffins, even though you haven't written any songs about puffins. You're away from your family for long periods of time. Blahhh. It's work.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 01 Sep, 2008 6:01 PM Quote
Does anyone know what Fran was talking about when he mentioned changing the song titles to have something to do with 'beard'? At least that's what it sounds like he's saying, lol.

Bryn
Bryn Posted Mon 01 Sep, 2008 7:42 PM Quote
lilly wrote:

*LOL* :D
Yeah the FM4 people are really strange, but the music they're playing is usually really good (for a German-language radio station).
In the video above, the guy is just advertising a new FM4 album, and saying "you'd better buy it - or something bad may happen" (with him being a Vampire and all that ;D)

Thanks for translating!! LOL I was wondering what he was saying! It makes more sense now... sort of! ; )

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 01 Sep, 2008 11:06 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Does anyone know what Fran was talking about when he mentioned changing the song titles to have something to do with 'beard'? At least that's what it sounds like he's saying, lol.

I've heard him talk about this before and both times didn't understand what he was going on about! Haha.

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 11:30 AM