Travis

New interview
Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 31 Aug, 2008 12:28 AM Quote
This is cool, but what's up with the questions?? I had the same confused look on my face as Fran. lol!

FM4 Interview

Re: New interview
Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sun 31 Aug, 2008 12:46 AM Quote
Cheers for this. Puffins though?! What is that interviewer on? http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x66/Jearoon2/Smilies/5-Confused.gif

melissa
melissa Posted Sun 31 Aug, 2008 1:12 AM Quote
nice interview!!
nice fran!

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Sun 31 Aug, 2008 2:04 AM Quote
Funny interview! But, yeah, what was happening with the interviewer?? Lol! :oP

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sun 31 Aug, 2008 5:38 AM Quote
Funny :)

lilly
lilly Posted Sun 31 Aug, 2008 10:49 AM Quote
OH MY, an Austrian guy, "has it anything to do with ANIMALS?" ???!!!!
PUFFINS!? OH - MY - GOD.
"Because they're LOVELY"??? - "until you find out they're not so lovely after all"??? "perhaps a bit like YOURSELVES" !!!!?????

Austria is literally just round the corner from where I study (I'd just have to swim down the river or climb up a hill), but I guess I'll never fully grasp their humour (and I'm not even sure if the guy wanted to be funny in the first place *lol*)

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 31 Aug, 2008 4:15 PM Quote
That interview was going quite well up to that point... but then he had to spoil it. Well, I say spoil, but it certainly made things more entertaining - I love the way Fran and Dougie are mildly hysterical from laughing at the interviewer :D

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 31 Aug, 2008 5:00 PM Quote
That was kinda funny!

Maybe there is something philosophical in that...let's think about it. Puffins are lovely, until we find out they are not so lovely. Like ourselves. Hmmmmm. Deep.

Sarah-
Sarah- Posted Sun 31 Aug, 2008 5:34 PM Quote
lol i saw that some time ago and it's still confusing me ^^

Erial
Erial Posted Sun 31 Aug, 2008 6:24 PM Quote
I had seen it before, but it's just as hilarious the second time around xD Hysterical, really.

Bryn
Bryn Posted Mon 01 Sep, 2008 12:40 AM Quote
That is hilarious. What do you think he was even talking about? I can't think of anything even remotely close to puffins in any Travis song... I guess we may never know:)

Did anyone else watch any of their other videos? Some of them are equally hilarious. This is my favorite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OUCLZGZRbo

What?

Edit: Yeah, after watching again, I am pretty sure we will never know, because I don't think he meant anything related to Travis! It must be difficult to be a philosopher so advanced in thinking that the masses don't understand your depth... ;) ;)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 01 Sep, 2008 2:50 AM Quote
LMAO. Puffins??

It seemed mildly insulting to me that he is saying the Travis men aren't as lovely as they seem.

(I also like how matter-of-fact he says puffins are not as lovely as we think they are as if this is common knowledge and accepted truth instead of being a bowl of crazy talk)

I'd love to ask the Travis guys what are some of the craziest questions they've been asked in interviews.

I still think about the interview on the ferris wheel with the lady who was throwing herself at Fran and laugh.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 01 Sep, 2008 4:39 AM Quote
I didn't watch the interview yet because my dad's sleeping in the next room and I don't have headphones here, but I just learned a new word: puffins. I looked it up but the word in spanish wasn't helpful either (frailecillo -???) so I had to google it.
Things you learn on the board...

TK23
TK23 Posted Mon 01 Sep, 2008 5:56 AM Quote
Woohoo, new interview! Thanks Nikki for posting- gave me a good chuckle.

lilly
lilly Posted Mon 01 Sep, 2008 12:24 PM Quote

*LOL* :D
Yeah the FM4 people are really strange, but the music they're playing is usually really good (for a German-language radio station).
In the video above, the guy is just advertising a new FM4 album, and saying "you'd better buy it - or something bad may happen" (with him being a Vampire and all that ;D)

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times UTC Current Time 7:17 AM