Travis

Re: Do you like Coldplay?
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 25 Aug, 2008 2:52 PM Quote
25dutchlady wrote:

OMG and you are a music fan??? mhhhhh

Well, yes. And I'm also a person who can tell when someone is singing out of key :oP
I always say that Coldplay with another singer or being an instrumental band would be much better.

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Mon 25 Aug, 2008 7:12 PM Quote
25dutchlady wrote:

Can I just butt in here and say you can be a massive music fan but not like certain bands?

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Tue 26 Aug, 2008 2:33 AM Quote
Ammhh.. nope, i dont like COldplay

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 26 Aug, 2008 7:01 AM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
25dutchlady wrote:

Can I just butt in here and say you can be a massive music fan but not like certain bands?

I would take it further, surely a music fan is a fan of music, not of a particular band ? A music fan would be able to tell the difference between a good song and a bad song by the same band even. Also the word Fan is short for Fanatic and if you are fanatical about anything then you have already lost your arguement ergo: You cannot be objective as you are Fanatical. I prefer to think of myself as someone who enjoys music from lots of different sources.

Dubz

SAM(LOS ANGELES)
SAM(LOS ANGELES) Posted Tue 26 Aug, 2008 3:34 PM Quote
i love coldplay, are you kidding me, they are the best band in the world! i saw them earlier this month in inglewood california which is right next to los angeles and they put on an amazing performance! please see them if you get a chance, it it totally worth the price of admission.

loria
loria Posted Tue 26 Aug, 2008 10:06 PM Quote
I occasionally find myself enjoying a Coldplay song. I especially enjoy White Shadows and the boyfriend really loves Viva la Vida so I'm cool with that one too.

Many of their songs bore me, but I really don't care much about Chris Martin's attitude or voice or what not. I like what he promotes most of the time but I don't let it make my life choices for me or anything.

Other than that, they are nothing compared to Travis in my book ;)

Koala
Koala Posted Wed 27 Aug, 2008 11:32 AM Quote
WHy do you think Travis is not as famous as COldplay?

Kristy
Kristy Posted Wed 27 Aug, 2008 1:22 PM Quote
No. I can't get along with Chris Martin who acts like an arse - feel sorry for the rest of the band really.
If anyone else had brought out Fix You (ie an unknown band) then it wouldn't have been well received IMO. His voice at the start is terrible; is that supposed to be the point? I dunno.

I think they started off alright, Yellow, Trouble etc - although, like Dubz says, they do sound similar - but they seem to be taking the view that they can bring any old crap out and people will still buy cos they're ... well ... Coldplay ... and for some reason it's the 'in thing' to say you like them.

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times UTC Current Time 11:26 AM