Re: Scots crowds are the best in the world
galletitabonita
galletitabonita Posted Tue 19 Aug, 2008 7:59 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
jesusaremus wrote:
Nikki wrote:
jesusaremus wrote:
Nikki wrote:
Actually, Detroit crowds are the best. ;) It's where they play the best as well. Just ask Fran. :P

hmmm, nah! Mexicans are the best! lol (everyone's gonna say different country XD)

*ahem* ...and I quote:

Got talking to The Gossip in the queue for customs, nice folks. From Detroit. Detroit was the place we had the best show on the Boy With No Name tour. - Mr. Francis Healy

;) I hope you know I'm just joking around...they play great and in front of adoring crowds everywhere they go! It's hard not to cheer and be merry at a Travis gig. But Fran really DID write that in his blog recently, lol.

Oh, and I agree Loria, better to say all of Michigan and not just Detroit. The show was technically in Pontiac anyway. :) Gosh, I hope they play there again. Clutch Cargos is a good venue for them.

¬¬.......

haha just joking too. it's actually very cool, to know where they have excelent concerts. And i'm really expecting the new ones O.o
They should record a DVD in any different part of the world, not from UK. I don't Know, France, Japan, Mexico, Argentina, Chile, USA, Turkey. i would like to see a new different DVD in every sense. But more important than that, i'm dying to hear the new stuff directly, live :)

Ooo, me too! A new live DVD would be wonderful!! I really hope they do one for the Ode album tour.

I missed a dvd of TBWNN tour! but I'll keep my fingers crossed for a new live dvd :)

I know what Fran told... but...

mexico! mexico! mexico!

Ursina
Ursina Posted Tue 19 Aug, 2008 8:09 AM Quote
oneofthe3 wrote:
Did it really warrant the last sentence? If it had been an Englishman slagging off Scotland, it would have been seen as racist or defamatory. Grow up.

och don't be so primm ! he's just teasing and anyway he's right :-P

MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Tue 19 Aug, 2008 10:21 AM Quote
It was meant to be tongue in cheek. In the wrods of the Joker " Why so serious??????"

oneofthe3
oneofthe3 Posted Tue 19 Aug, 2008 1:42 PM Quote
so if i said it was a myth that scottish crowds aren't the best in the world and my experience of them was that in glasgow it was full of pissed up morons spoiling for a fight and edinburgh was full of people who didn't know half the songs the band played and were talking all the way through and inverness someone got physically attacked for being english (they were actually welsh), then there would be no comeback.

there's knobs in any crowd wherever you go. my experience of scottish crowds is that they're no better or no worse than anywhere else. except london which has the worst crowds. Best gig experiences I've had have been in Portugal, crowd go absolutely wild without a hint of beered up morons spoiling it

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 19 Aug, 2008 2:51 PM Quote
Well, I never been to a gig in any other country than Argentina, but from the dvds I've seen, crowds in other countries *tend* to spend the gig standing too still lol. The only counter-example I can think of right now is that REM dvd in Germany, the crowd was great! Of course there are more, but I just woke up.
Here we like jumping, singing absolutely every single song, even the instrumental parts sometimes hahaha.

Quoting Fran's blog about Buenos Aires (I don't want to be less, Nikki ;oP):

Quote:
Tonights show was stunning. When I say stunning I mean the crowd lifted the whole night to another level.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 19 Aug, 2008 2:59 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
Well, I never been to a gig in any other country than Argentina, but from the dvds I've seen, crowds in other countries *tend* to spend the gig standing too still lol. The only counter-example I can think of right now is that REM dvd in Germany, the crowd was great! Of course there are more, but I just woke up.
Here we like jumping, singing absolutely every single song, even the instrumental parts sometimes hahaha.

Quoting Fran's blog about Buenos Aires (I don't want to be less, Nikki ;oP):

Quote:
Tonights show was stunning. When I say stunning I mean the crowd lifted the whole night to another level.

That level being just below DETROIT LEVEL!

MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Tue 19 Aug, 2008 3:21 PM Quote
oneofthe3 wrote:
so if i said it was a myth that scottish crowds aren't the best in the world and my experience of them was that in glasgow it was full of pissed up morons spoiling for a fight and edinburgh was full of people who didn't know half the songs the band played and were talking all the way through and inverness someone got physically attacked for being english (they were actually welsh), then there would be no comeback.

there's knobs in any crowd wherever you go. my experience of scottish crowds is that they're no better or no worse than anywhere else. except london which has the worst crowds. Best gig experiences I've had have been in Portugal, crowd go absolutely wild without a hint of beered up morons spoiling it

Frans fave venue = The Barrowlands - FACT Glasgowsmilesbetter

MoreThanMe
oneofthe3 wrote:

MoreThanMe
oneofthe3 wrote:

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Tue 19 Aug, 2008 3:43 PM Quote
*sighs*

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 19 Aug, 2008 3:48 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

cough cough cough , he means live music not punching out tommy lee

MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Tue 19 Aug, 2008 4:06 PM Quote
ALlways thought u were from Glasgow gladly, u a sheep?

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Tue 19 Aug, 2008 4:16 PM Quote
MoreThanMe wrote:

Doesnt stop me from being from Glasgow.

MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Tue 19 Aug, 2008 4:46 PM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
MoreThanMe wrote:

Doesnt stop me from being from Glasgow.

True. Just a tad unfortunate i suppose...Mon the hoops!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 19 Aug, 2008 4:47 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

cough cough cough , he means live music not punching out tommy lee

Oh man....don't bring that jackass into the conversation please! He does NOT represent all Detroiters, lol!

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:57 PM