Travis

Song to self 1st single???
cyberrie
cyberrie Posted Fri 15 Aug, 2008 7:22 PM Quote
On the Frequency Concert Fran introduced "song to self" with the words (As I just heard on the record of the show on FM4):
"This is going to be our first single!"
I really love the song and it would also be great, when this will be the first single, but I m a bit confused.
Everywhere it says "Something Anything" will be the first single...

Re: Song to self 1st single???
champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Fri 15 Aug, 2008 7:27 PM Quote
Something Anything is the new single. Even pre-ordering has started already.

thehitcher
thehitcher Posted Fri 15 Aug, 2008 8:12 PM Quote
'Something Anything' is defo the first single and what a mighty song it is too! :-D Maybe 'Song To Self' will be the second single :-D

silvella
silvella Posted Fri 15 Aug, 2008 10:46 PM Quote
cyberrie wrote:
On the Frequency Concert Fran introduced "song to self" with the words (As I just heard on the record of the show on FM4):
"This is going to be our first single!"
I really love the song and it would also be great, when this will be the first single, but I m a bit confused.
Everywhere it says "Something Anything" will be the first single...

They also told it on a german radio station, so... maybe there will be two different "first" singles???

Fran, can you tell us more??

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 15 Aug, 2008 10:52 PM Quote
I think it was but they changed their mind. For some reason. Maybe they thought Something Anything would have more of an impact. I think Song To Self could move them onto greater success in the long run but Something Anything just gives them a bit more umph to start off with.

thehitcher
thehitcher Posted Fri 15 Aug, 2008 11:14 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
I think it was but they changed their mind. For some reason. Maybe they thought Something Anything would have more of an impact. I think Song To Self could move them onto greater success in the long run but Something Anything just gives them a bit more umph to start off with.

agreed. Although I love 'Song To Self' I don't think it would have been the right choice for the first single. They needed something rocking to say "look we're back, take notice!" 'Something Anything' is the perfect first single :-D

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Fri 15 Aug, 2008 11:25 PM Quote
thehitcher wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

agreed. Although I love 'Song To Self' I don't think it would have been the right choice for the first single. They needed something rocking to say "look we're back, take notice!" 'Something Anything' is the perfect first single :-D

But if us remembered, Song to Self is available now, i think that we get the mp3, so for that way something happened.

cyberrie
cyberrie Posted Sat 16 Aug, 2008 10:11 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:

I love "something anything" and I think it would be the best first single for them.
But the Frequency Festival was on 14th of August!!
How could they change their mind, when the video for S.A. and the release date for s.a. was published much earlier...???

Or did they chanced their mind and make "Song to Self" the first single???
I am confused!

cyberrie
cyberrie Posted Sat 16 Aug, 2008 10:20 AM Quote
I found several pages in german saying:

"Am 18. September gibt es die nächste Travis-Single "Song To Myself", kurz darauf, am 26. September 2008, nicht einmal eineinhalb Jahre nach dem letzten Album "The Boy With No Name", wird "Ode To J Smith" veröffentlicht, das sechste Studioalbum der Band"

"On Sept. 18th the new Travis single "Song to Self" will be released and on 26th (!!)of September the new Album!!"

joemono
joemono Posted Sat 16 Aug, 2008 10:23 AM Quote
Something Anything, as already stated, is the first single.

Edit: and a fantastic one at that. That song has been stuck in my head all day.

Sarah-
Sarah- Posted Sat 16 Aug, 2008 11:38 AM Quote
^^yeah well, could be that germany and a couple of other countries get the album on the 26th - because new albums are released on fridays over here ;)

silvella
silvella Posted Sat 16 Aug, 2008 4:39 PM Quote
When I give some thoughts to the first-single-realeases of other bands in germany (and austria surely, too): it's very often a ballad, or slow, lyrical songs. On the radio stations, you hear more songs like "Song To Self" than like "Something Anything". So it's not a bad idea to relase "Song To Self" first here. Best example is "Apologize" from OneRepublic!!
It doesn't make any difference to ME which song it will be, I like both of them! In economical terms it may be clever.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 5:16 AM