NEW BLOG FROM FRAN !
Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 9:58 AM Quote
WOW

Really great to see the detail of Something Anything vid

Re: NEW BLOG FROM FRAN !
the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 10:39 AM Quote
Thanks to Fran again for giving us the inside story. Love all the photos, they're amazing!

1400 frames to cut and paste. Ouch!

sebnemy
sebnemy Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 10:46 AM Quote
That's part of the reason why I love this band! I really appreciate Fran taking time to post these and sharing the experience with us.

Great photos by the way: now we all can see the OJS poster in the background easily:)

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 11:00 AM Quote
Yessus! I insist Fran should write a book.

And Fran, if you're reading and bother to answer this, please: what is the movie you mentioned in the blog? Somehow it rang the bells of King Kong to me but not sure as it's been AGES since I saw the old version. Thank you for the tips on making of the video!!!

Off topic edit: I think that black jacket put on black top Fran wearing in the video is the same (or similar) to the one he was wearing in Istanbul show. New image, eh? Nice!

auronsquall
auronsquall Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 11:26 AM Quote
thanks Fran! loved seeing all the details that I couldn't see from the streamed video, great photos too. =D

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 11:27 AM Quote
Make them look HOT ..I think she did a good job :) ( Fran trying not to look heehee)

thehitcher
thehitcher Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 1:04 PM Quote
They filmed the video on my birthday :-D

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/3068/4cdf3366a240ed4e1602f75on0.jpg

Thanks for the blog Fran :-D

mili
mili Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 2:13 PM Quote
Nice to have some background information of the video! I was wondering about those two guitars, and now I know how it was done. I assume the bigger one is Andy's normal guitar size, is that smaller one a functioning one, too (a kiddie's one, perhaps?)?

cornax
cornax Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 4:46 PM Quote
WOW!!!!! I've been resisting the new music like a little martyr but finally caved to watch the video. The song is INSANE! I love it! Rocky and poppy and fab. I'm all atingle about it! And the video perfectly captures the essence of the song, which is, essentially, a build up to that fierce guitar bit. Who knew Andy was such a good actor? You can see him totally jonesing for that guitar before he finally gives in to his urge. I sure can't wait for Travis to tour the US in support of this album...

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 5:40 PM Quote
Thanks so much for that great blog, Fran! I liked the new video a lot when I first saw it, but now I appreciate it even more seeing all the hard work that went into it! Ah, the song is amazing too!

Oh, and I LOVE Bjork's "All Is Full Of Love" video with the "robots making out" as you put it, LoL!

YES! I am SO pumped for this album and US tour (whenever that may be)!!!

sebnemy
sebnemy Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 6:59 PM Quote
champagnesupernova wrote:

Off topic edit: I think that black jacket put on black top Fran wearing in the video is the same (or similar) to the one he was wearing in Istanbul show. New image, eh? Nice!

Yep. I noticed that, too. Same one (unless he has more than one of the same thing). Nice shirt. But, does it count for an [new] image?

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 7:26 PM Quote
sebnemy wrote:

Yep. I noticed that, too. Same one (unless he has more than one of the same thing). Nice shirt. But, does it count for an [new] image?

Yep. I mentioned this in the "Something, Anything" video thread. Have you ever seen the picture of Dougie's suitcase with like 20 black and white striped shirts in it from The Boy With No Name tour? LOL! I'd post it, but I'm at work. So funny.

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 7:57 PM Quote
Andy's guitars ...are they for real?? Not the usual one/s.

The solo is magnificant..

They all seem much more at home with this style.

silvella
silvella Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 8:27 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
sebnemy wrote:

Yep. I mentioned this in the "Something, Anything" video thread. Have you ever seen the picture of Dougie's suitcase with like 20 black and white striped shirts in it from The Boy With No Name tour? LOL! I'd post it, but I'm at work. So funny.

LOL! And I've thought Dougie wears the same black jacket he had worn in Mannheim when we met the band after the gig, but on my photos the buttons are black... So Travis has a huge collection of black jackets!!

Question: who is the man on the photo in front of Dougies face???

And, Fran: how hard was it to close your eyes while you've got the make up?? And YES, you guys look HOT!!! ;o))))

And the video (and the song) is great! Perfect job! Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

sebnemy
sebnemy Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 9:07 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:

That's funny! I missed so many things since I am a late addition to this board...I guess unless their sweat smell like roses, they need more than one shirt for consecutive concerts. Then why not have different ones? Ok, I will stop questioning...

silvella wrote:

And, Fran: how hard was it to close your eyes while you've got the make up??

LOL. I thought the same thing:)

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:07 AM