Travis

Pre-order
mozman68
mozman68 Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 4:16 AM Quote
So...the pre-order is available for the album (vinyl and CD), but should I assume it is going to be on iTunes the same day as well??

Re: Pre-order
Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 8:00 AM Quote
Dont care , got mine ordered :)

The vinyl is a MUST!!

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 9:14 AM Quote
mozman68 wrote:
So...the pre-order is available for the album (vinyl and CD), but should I assume it is going to be on iTunes the same day as well??

Almost certainly... but buy the CD! :)

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 11:01 AM Quote
Done! Is it not September yet??!?!?!

Eledh
Eledh Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 3:15 PM Quote
I bought it in pre-order from the wee store a few days ago.
I hope they will be fast and that they will send me everything. I'm still waiting for a t-shirt I bought from them a year ago.

Ursina
Ursina Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 3:26 PM Quote
Eledh wrote:
I hope they will be fast and that they will send me everything. I'm still waiting for a t-shirt I bought from them a year ago.

what !? a year ago !? lol

I've not odered the album yet, somehow I'd rather buy it in the shop on the day but then I'm not even sure if they release it here .... hmmmm

Eledh
Eledh Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 3:27 PM Quote
Ursina wrote:
Eledh wrote:

what !? a year ago !? lol

I've not odered the album yet, somehow I'd rather buy it in the shop on the day but then I'm not even sure if they release it here .... hmmmm

Yep. A year ago. And I'm sure I'll buy it in a shop in UK, because I'll be in Liverpool the 29th of september, so... But still, I can give a copy to a friend, so no problem.

mayfly
mayfly Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 3:28 PM Quote
The price on this is cheaper than wee store.
http://travis.trinitystreetdirect.com/store/

The cover price for a CD is 8.99, but after logging in for checkout, it charges me 7.65.

I thought something was wrong at first. :)

Is that sorta fan-discount, or what?

mozman68
mozman68 Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 3:51 PM Quote
I don't buy CD's anymore....as a matter of fact, I just sold almost all of my old ones on www.secondspin.com for $900!!!

cleaned up my basement....have them all backed up in 3 different locations....I just realized that I never listen to the physical cd after I load it on itunes and I never really looked at the artwork....I did keep the ones that were very unique or meant a lot to me....but, damn, $900 is $900!!

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 4:33 PM Quote
mayfly wrote:
The price on this is cheaper than wee store.
http://travis.trinitystreetdirect.com/store/

The cover price for a CD is 8.99, but after logging in for checkout, it charges me 7.65.

Not for me :( It might be your country or something, or could just be a mistake.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 7:36 PM Quote
I don't know if I should pre-order it or wait to buy it at a store here in the US. For those who have pre-ordered Travis albums before: do they arrive before the release date or after?

I'm assuming it'll be in US stores on Sept. 30 and not Sept. 29, since CDs come out on Tuesdays here. Is that still how they do it?

I don't know what to do, lol.

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 9:47 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
I don't know if I should pre-order it or wait to buy it at a store here in the US. For those who have pre-ordered Travis albums before: do they arrive before the release date or after?

I'm assuming it'll be in US stores on Sept. 30 and not Sept. 29, since CDs come out on Tuesdays here. Is that still how they do it?

They normally arrive about on the release date, so it might be a couple of days later for you. I never order until the week before in case I decide to do something else and there's plenty of time yet :(

Meridith
Meridith Posted Fri 15 Aug, 2008 3:39 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:

I was wondering this too.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 15 Aug, 2008 4:35 AM Quote
Meridith wrote:
Nikki wrote:

as was i. and the email mentioned the UK a few time...UK release, etc, so...i dont know!

auronsquall
auronsquall Posted Fri 15 Aug, 2008 5:27 AM Quote
Meridith wrote:
Nikki wrote:

They do, but exceptions get made every now and then, sometimes they get released on the wednesday, but that shouldnt be likely with Travis since they'd prolly want to maximize sales a bit

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:10 PM