Travis

Re: With russia invading georgia
Sasha Russia
Sasha Russia Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 1:01 PM Quote
Yes, of course, there is a disinformation from both parties of this conflict. It is difficult to make the general picture. For certain is guilty and from Russian party. But why Russia constantly looks guilty? Why Russia try to accuse of aggression? In fact it is Georgia killed Russian citizens in Ossetia. This region became the present zone of disaster - cities are destroyed, people are killed. Why anybody in the West does not speak about it?

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 1:03 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
megg_inc wrote:
I don't know but Polish government supports Georgia (well, they just say it) so we've been already told by the Russian ambassador we'll be very sorry. Sounds great.

I was wondering about this, Megg. *sigh* I just hope the situation doesn't escalate and you're all safe over there. This whole situation is making me so mad! I know there are two sides to this story and we're all being fed different things by the media in our countries, but I just hope it ends soon. Fuck war.

We are safe but Russia is our one & only energy supplier...
I think we're well informed in Poland this time but still most of the people think that Russians are the only bad guys here and I don't really think so. Truth lies somewhere in the middle as always.
Anyway, it doesn't really matter who's right as long as there are people being killed on both sides!

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 1:11 PM Quote
Sasha Russia wrote:
Yes, of course, there is a disinformation from both parties of this conflict. It is difficult to make the general picture. For certain is guilty and from Russian party. But why Russia constantly looks guilty? Why Russia try to accuse of aggression? In fact it is Georgia killed Russian citizens in Ossetia. This region became the present zone of disaster - cities are destroyed, people are killed. Why anybody in the West does not speak about it?

I don't consider myself as 'anybody in the West' but anyway I was being on the fence not blaming a particular side if you are referring to my post. As a mortal human being I just don't get what is the fuss. I am all against to fights whereever it happens. Media and governments are peace-ruining organisms all around the world. That's all I am saying. Don't get me wrong.
I really understand your point as the Western Media is not being friendly to my country MOST of the time (pretending to be friendly and provoking public in peace into each other doesn't count!).

Sasha Russia
Sasha Russia Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 1:28 PM Quote
I'm not going to accuse anybody. Everyone has any point of view. All Ok. Russia today is the weak country. Russia has lost all zones geopolitic influences. I think, you'll understand. And so, information war by Russia is lost completely

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 1:35 PM Quote
apperently Bush said in an interview that he "fears anyone starting unnecessary wars"*
oh. my.

*quote may be paraphrased...heard it on the radio as reiterated from tv.

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 1:50 PM Quote
Sasha Russia wrote:
I'm not going to accuse anybody. Everyone has any point of view. All Ok. Russia today is the weak country. Russia has lost all zones geopolitic influences. I think, you'll understand. And so, information war by Russia is lost completely

I am humbly thinking Russia is economically on the rise by Putin's getting on the work. Surely some are not happy with this and they need to stop this going before Russia goes back to old days. No mater how many lives are risked. Sorry again. Hope this finds an end soon and both Russian - Georgian folks start living in peace together.

minnmess wrote:
apperently Bush said in an interview that he "fears anyone starting unnecessary wars"*

I bet he fears unless he needs new places to bring democracy at. Such a scriptwriter. Thing is his scripts turn into be real somehow.

Darran
Darran Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 2:28 PM Quote
Apparently The Russians have now also put a Bounty on Kofi Annan's head!

http://blog.core10.co.uk/img/kofi_bounty.jpg

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 2:29 PM Quote

Fucking Brilliant !!!

I should have read that in the office, I'm after bursting out laughing and now I'm getting very weird looks.

Dubz

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 2:56 PM Quote
mmm, coconuty goodness!

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 7:30 PM Quote
Is it Georgia in America ? I'm currently having a map shortage.

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 8:09 AM