Travis

With russia invading georgia
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 10:44 AM Quote
Is there any truth in the rumor that France have surrendered and that Liverpool Fc are going to hold a minute silence at their next game?

Re: With russia invading georgia
spid
spid Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 10:50 AM Quote
As a mere girly - all i can say is 'huh??????'

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 10:59 AM Quote
I heard Italy had already changed sides Also the Americans will come in at the last minute and claim all the glory.

Dubz

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 11:27 AM Quote
I don't know but Polish government supports Georgia (well, they just say it) so we've been already told by the Russian ambassador we'll be very sorry. Sounds great.

mili
mili Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 11:39 AM Quote
Finland is firmly sitting on the fence, as ever. Our Foreign Secretary was just evacuated from Georgia (their airport was bombed), he is one of the group of Europeans trying to bring peace.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 11:41 AM Quote

I've just heard that the Republic of Ireland have asked for their World Cup Qualifier against Georgia be moved to a neutral venue...

News

Dubz

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 11:52 AM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
Is there any truth in the rumor that France have surrendered and that Liverpool Fc are going to hold a minute silence at their next game?

Dunno any of those but I am feeling awfully down and weak spirited about the whole thing. Seems like it is just a beginning to tens of other probably upcoming blood explosions.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 11:57 AM Quote

Did anyone catch the report on BBC the other night, with the Russian planes actively targetting the the Journalists.

Dubz

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 12:01 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Did anyone catch the report on BBC the other night, with the Russian planes actively targetting the the Journalists.

Dubz

Not on BBC but I have heard about it on some channel (don't remember which one). And on a different channel they reported that couple Turkish journalists are injured. But they didn't tell if it was happened the same area where Russians are bombing towards reporters. I don't find most of the news channels trustable anyway.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 12:06 PM Quote
champagnesupernova wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

Not on BBC but I have heard about it on some channel (don't remember which one). And on a different channel they reported that couple Turkish journalists are injured. But they didn't tell if it was happened the same area where Russians are bombing towards reporters. I don't find most of the news channels trustable anyway.

I only caught the very end but from what I saw they were on a road with one of those Mitsibushi Shogun/Pajero type thingies, yer man was reporting and they basically opened fire on him as the flew by, pretty scary stuff.

Dubz

*edit* don't have sound at work but here is the clip

Sasha Russia
Sasha Russia Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 12:14 PM Quote
You all know only one opinion - it's a position of the US and other countries which are misinformed by a government of Georgia. Georgia has attacked republic South Ossetia on August, 8th. The Georgian militarians by means of the newest weapon has destroyed three thousand peace inhabitants. A mode of the president of Georgia Saakashvili is a fascist mode.
Stop Georgia!

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 12:15 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

I only caught the very end but from what I saw they were on a road with one of those Mitsibushi Shogun/Pajero type thingies, yer man was reporting and they basically opened fire on him as the flew by, pretty scary stuff.

Dubz

*edit* don't have sound at work but here is the clip

I could open the link through a freeproxy website but the video doesn't work. Although quite stoned reading the even tempered comments down under.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 12:21 PM Quote
Sasha Russia wrote:
You all know only one opinion - it's a position of the US and other countries which are misinformed by a government of Georgia. Georgia has attacked republic South Ossetia on August, 8th. The Georgian militarians by means of the newest weapon has destroyed three thousand peace inhabitants. A mode of the president of Georgia Saakashvili is a fascist mode.
Stop Georgia!

I am not commenting on either side, apart from my first couple of purely tongue in cheek comments at the top, I was merely making an observation about the Russian plane attacking the Journalist, I have no idea why they attacked them, maybe they thought the camera being pointed at them was a weapon, maybe they were in an area they shouldn't have been.... I just don't know.

I do not know enough about Russia's struggles in recent years to make any comment, I also am well aware we only get one side of the story from the "western" media, The cold war may be over but the propaganda still rages (on both sides)

Dubz

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 12:22 PM Quote
Sasha Russia wrote:
Stop Georgia!

I am sure there is misinformation on both sides. Rather in the base of communities than politicians/governments. Everyone seems to have a reason to kill people beyond the boarder. I sincerely hope it stops soon and there will be no more losses again from both sides.

Edit: Like Dubz says I am not particularly commenting on any side as I am not fully informed on what is the complete story.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 12:53 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
I don't know but Polish government supports Georgia (well, they just say it) so we've been already told by the Russian ambassador we'll be very sorry. Sounds great.

I was wondering about this, Megg. *sigh* I just hope the situation doesn't escalate and you're all safe over there. This whole situation is making me so mad! I know there are two sides to this story and we're all being fed different things by the media in our countries, but I just hope it ends soon. Fuck war.

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:54 PM