Travis

I need more friends!
spid
spid Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 10:13 AM Quote
Otherwise I look like a really lonely sad woman! I've just joined facebook after resisting for years. If anyone fancies being my friend I'd love it! Look me up Tamsin Chennell (there is only the one of me). Help an old lady feel very very happy!

Re: I need more friends!
Peewee
Peewee Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 10:19 AM Quote
Will do! My link to my facebook is in my profile if your interested. :)

Lucile
Lucile Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 10:31 AM Quote
I've just added you :)

spid
spid Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 10:37 AM Quote
Thank you both - I'm trying to get the messiest friends wheel ever as well as stopping trying to look so sad and unloved!

Darran
Darran Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 11:08 AM Quote
I'll do it too, not that I ever use it mind you.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 11:31 AM Quote
I've added you too! ;)

mili
mili Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 11:35 AM Quote
One more unactive Facebook user added you!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 11:37 AM Quote
added

Dubz

spid
spid Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 11:49 AM Quote
Yehaaa - I'm into double figures now¬!

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 12:03 PM Quote
Added. Not a loyal Facebooker myself though.

spid
spid Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 12:09 PM Quote
Thanks to all - keep it coming guys please - I am feeling much less of a lonely outcast. ANd it is really interesting reding about you all.

Darran
Darran Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 12:15 PM Quote
Ah so in reality you're doing a case study in reality about how folks are like sheep, once one adds you everyone else follows.

spid
spid Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 12:22 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
Ah so in reality you're doing a case study in reality about how folks are like sheep, once one adds you everyone else follows.

NO, no, no! I wish I was that a) intelligent and b) devious but I ain't - this morning I had 6 friends and 4 of those were relatives and I was really feeling sad and lonely and I wanted more friends. But I am really pleased that I have had a fair few adds and learnt a lot about people I like.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 12:22 PM Quote
Darran wrote:

This is what I hate about Facebook, you can't be friends with just one person, coz every other fucker they know assumes you wanna be their pal too.

spid
spid Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 12:35 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Darran wrote:

This is what I hate about Facebook, you can't be friends with just one person, coz every other fucker they know assumes you wanna be their pal too.

But of course you could! It's easy - don't respond to the friends request - leave them a message saying thanks but they can email you or something. I know I am my brother in laws only friend and he doesn't give a shit. It is really a glorified friends reunited - and if you have too many friends then you are really lucky - hang onto them - as you get older it gets harder to keep them. Also my generation aren't always computer literate - my best mate barely copes with emails and so won't touch facebook!- so we tend to be a little more circumspect.

Obviously it is your choice as to what you do with your account and as you want fewer friends cos your profile is too crowded then I applaud your honesty and your willingness to do what you want.

I'm not trying to get people to be sheep - if some on here don't want to be my 'friend' on facebook then I won't take offence at all - it is all an individual choice and unless it was my mate of 20 years refusing my request I wouldn't mind at all. It's all about personal choice and if people want to be sheep let them (preferably with tartan fleeces) and if they want to do it because they like the crack let them, and if they decline let them. Like Darran said though it is interesting that it could be construed in that way, but it is not what was intended.

Anyway, I shall now go and boil my head as it obviously needs it and have lunch - oh low blood sugar that explains everything!

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:50 PM