Travis

Re: I made a Song To Self shirt :)
TK23
TK23 Posted Mon 11 Aug, 2008 5:57 AM Quote
Awesome! Good job. Did you use the trusty freezer paper/x-acto knife method?

silvella
silvella Posted Mon 11 Aug, 2008 8:37 AM Quote
That's great, Nikki! Did you make a stencil for the design? Or did you paint it free-hand?
We have a lot of creative Travis fans here... like me. I've modelling a pendant for a necklace with the OTJS-eye, but the finish is still wet... I'll take a photo soon and show you!

CheraviS
CheraviS Posted Mon 11 Aug, 2008 9:53 AM Quote
It's so cute~!!
Simple but unique design, just like all those travis tees

deebee
deebee Posted Mon 11 Aug, 2008 11:58 AM Quote
Nice one Nikki! OK completely stupid question coming up - how do you get your design on the t-shirt? Is it especially printed or did you paint it on?

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 11 Aug, 2008 1:31 PM Quote
I designed it on the computer, printed it out on thick paper and cut it out to make a stencil. Then I just painted it in with white fabric paint. I free-handed the edges once I took the stencil off because some spots were a little rough. It was really easy and only cost a grand total of $7 for the long sleeved tee, paint and brushes! :D

The Ode to J. Smith eyeball necklace sounds really groovy, by the way! You have to show us when it's done!!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 11 Aug, 2008 3:09 PM Quote
Coolness!

milos
milos Posted Mon 11 Aug, 2008 3:29 PM Quote
Great job! It looks really cool! :)

deebee
deebee Posted Mon 11 Aug, 2008 4:15 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
I designed it on the computer, printed it out on thick paper and cut it out to make a stencil. Then I just painted it in with white fabric paint. I free-handed the edges once I took the stencil off because some spots were a little rough. It was really easy and only cost a grand total of $7 for the long sleeved tee, paint and brushes! :D

The Ode to J. Smith eyeball necklace sounds really groovy, by the way! You have to show us when it's done!!

I really like what you've done :-)
Did you use something to "fix" the paint? What about when you need to wash it?

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 11 Aug, 2008 4:20 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
Nikki wrote:

I really like what you've done :-)
Did you use something to "fix" the paint? What about when you need to wash it?

The fabric paint is washable after it dries for 72 hours. That's what the bottle says...so lets hope they're right, lol, or else I'll have a cool teal and white tie dye shirt. :P

deebee
deebee Posted Mon 11 Aug, 2008 4:24 PM Quote
Haha, yep you're gonna have to wash it at some point, especially if you wore it to one of the gigs,LOL.
You've definately inspired me to give this a go. I've been wanting to do it for a while but wasn't sure if fabric paint would do the job.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 11 Aug, 2008 4:34 PM Quote
Yeah! Give it a go! It's really fun! I want to make more now. :) Oh, and remember to wash the t-shirt and let it dry before you start...it helps the paint set better and also I think it prevents the colors from bleeding into one another.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 11 Aug, 2008 5:03 PM Quote
nikki said groovy !

Monica
Monica Posted Mon 11 Aug, 2008 5:08 PM Quote
It's really cool, Nikki ;)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 11 Aug, 2008 5:27 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
nikki said groovy !

This surprises you? It's my favorite word, MaZn. You know that! :)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 11 Aug, 2008 6:43 PM Quote
now you can be an awesome Etsy seller too!

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 Next All Times UTC Current Time 2:52 PM