Travis

Re: Really want the new single to get airplay
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 08 Aug, 2008 4:42 PM Quote
Tonie wrote:

But I don't want Travis to become a stadium band, and have to pay £100 a ticket to see them as a microdot on some distant stage!

Well, I paid 100 argentinian pesos to see them play in a festival in a stadium LMAO. It'd be very cheap in £ because of the exchange rate but it was a lot for me. It was 1/3 of my sallary at the time. Anyway, fortunatelly I got front raw spots and I don't regret a single cent I spent on that ticket. I would have spent double the ammount if necessary.
But I just thought it was funny that you said that xD.

milos
milos Posted Fri 08 Aug, 2008 4:55 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
Well, from my very selfish point of view, success is too related with wanting Travis albums to be released in my country and wanting the band to come touring again around here.

I agree completely. Well said. I really hope to see them live one day, but i don't think they will be able to do big tours and visit new places without the success. Anyway, they deserve it and i think it would be really selfish to wish for Travis to be a small and unknown band. The music doesn't belong to anyone. It's universal. And the more people get to hear and enjoy Travis' music, the better. :)

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sat 09 Aug, 2008 12:49 AM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
Well, from my very selfish point of view, success is too related with wanting Travis albums to be released in my country and wanting the band to come touring again around here

In that case, i should be championing them for Radio Ulster, Cool FM and all the radio stations in Northern Ireland. They've only played here 4 times, and it's always a great night :(

I guess i'm fortunate to live in Glasgow

Bryn
Bryn Posted Sat 09 Aug, 2008 2:08 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Sure, i'll enjoy the music whether it is successful or not, but why can't we hope for a bit of success for them. I really don't see why you go on about it not meaning anything.

And actually, i think they're taking this new approach exactly for that reason. I think the band do want to be successful. I think the band do want people to buy their records. They've really shaken things up with this 'new' Travis and they're releasing the loudest single for 10 years, if not ever. I think, to have more success.

Yes, but what I was saying is there are different definitions of success, and that one of them is tons of radio play and another is making a record you're proud of regardless of how many people buy it. And the two can go together, and I hope they will. That's all I was saying; I'm sure they do want people to buy their albums. I want people to buy their albums!

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 4:38 AM