Travis

Re: The Olympics
minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 9:18 PM Quote
I hope this is a misunderstanding as the player says. Otherwise, it is unacceptable.

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Beijing2008/2008/08/12/6426896.html

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 10:00 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
I hope this is a misunderstanding as the player says. Otherwise, it is unacceptable.

Oh my God, seriously...that is awful. Who thought that would be a good idea? *sigh*

heyjude
heyjude Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 10:26 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

Whoa. That is totally unacceptable anywhere.

Monica
Monica Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 7:27 PM Quote
Seriously, I don't see where the problem is :S

kiwi
kiwi Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 1:20 AM Quote
I'm not really watching, cos my country isn't shown competing in the UK really, and they're crap.... :)

nesmap
nesmap Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 1:32 AM Quote
'The troublesome advertisement is another embarrassment for Spain, which hopes to host either the 2116 or 2020 Summer Games.'

Planning well in advance there! haha

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 1:44 AM Quote
hahaha. perhaps a typo there. just maybe

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 2:05 AM Quote
kiwi wrote:
I'm not really watching, cos my country isn't shown competing in the UK really, and they're crap.... :)

I cheered when I saw your team enter the stadium. Bob Costas said, "And as the Kiwi's enter the birdnest we go to commercial."

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 11:12 AM Quote
I am not really excited about olympics. Turkey only win in branches such as wrestling, weightlifting. Lol

After a long and tiring day last night we were watching the summary of the day. With Michele (yes he is here! :-D) and an American friend. Funnily they (Italy and USA) all had medals to be happy for at the end of the day and I was as usual empty handed. I am sticking to be a loyal Snooker audience, I suppose. Olympics suck! :-P

nesmap
nesmap Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 2:19 PM Quote
champagnesupernova wrote:
I am not really excited about olympics. Turkey only win in branches such as wrestling, weightlifting. Lol

After a long and tiring day last night we were watching the summary of the day. With Michele (yes he is here! :-D) and an American friend. Funnily they (Italy and USA) all had medals to be happy for at the end of the day and I was as usual empty handed. I am sticking to be a loyal Snooker audience, I suppose. Olympics suck! :-P

Last time I checked there weren't very many Turkish snooker players - if any! That may be a lost cause too ya know ;)

Ursina
Ursina Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 2:49 PM Quote
Federer is out ! och well

somehow that makes the Murray brothers' losses less bad

Moray
Moray Posted Fri 15 Aug, 2008 1:26 PM Quote
I don't really follow the olympics, but looking at the medal table. Is it just me or is it "America vs. China!" with some guest appearances by other countries.

Also, does it strike anyone as shocking that the two countries with the largest pool of human resources are doing best (maybe other than the Russians, who have been in sharp decline since they decided not to be the CCCP anymore)

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Fri 15 Aug, 2008 3:07 PM Quote
I find it very frustrating to be able to watch the games either at work (in the "dining room") or in a café.
I should have invested in a telly.

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Fri 15 Aug, 2008 3:26 PM Quote

empty handed ? like you didn't have a glass of red red wine you make me feel so fine ?

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Fri 15 Aug, 2008 6:54 PM Quote
nesmap wrote:

Last time I checked there weren't very many Turkish snooker players - if any! That may be a lost cause too ya know ;)

I knew someone would gonna say that smart panties. :-P My consolation is this is basically a British thing with very few players from elsewhere. Not like much of an international occasion. So there. *nods*

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:37 AM